Yeti recall

rockhopper

Dropped Kevin off at my dealer last night for some work and was told 'we have a campaign on Yeti at the moment'. Don't tell me, 'rear boot badge' I said.

I'd had a look beforehand and mine has the worm, so expecting for it to be changed.

• 2 weeks later...

My new to me Yeti 1.2 TSI (2010 10 reg 14k) manual bought last Friday went in today for 2 recalls

1 for the rear badge replacing and the other for the turbo

my yeti went in for suspension checks and got the same recall jobs done as yourself, one was for the badges and second one was for a shim on the turbo. strange

Apparently it is the rear badge on the yeti and front and rear on the superb. My octy badges got white worm and nothing happened. Had a quick look at the front of the superb and as far as I could see the badge is the same as the yeti so quite why there's no front badge recall for the yeti is a mystery.

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

I already had the rear badge changed on mine and noticed that the new badge is showing signs of white round the edge. Not urgent I guess. Is it caused by water getting into the badge?

My Yeti is booked for SW update 48J8 (Control Unit, Power steering) and SW update 70E8 (Control Unit, Seat adjustment). This was offered by the local dealer as they entered my imported Yetis data into their computer system. They also mentioned the badge problem.

Does anyone know aprx how long the badge change takes? I am assuming they are glued and need a little drying time before being driven off into the sunset

Also, I am sure it is white worm that I have, But can't seem to see any pic's of it anywhere. Can anyone put a pic in this thread?

Cheers

Your newer Yeti is an 11 reg so only six months old I wonder if it could be down to the chemicals the car is cleaned with?

Your newer Yeti is an 11 reg so only six months old I wonder if it could be down to the chemicals the car is cleaned with?

Its a year old next month (getting near time for a new one :giggle: ) and I use autoglym shampoo which should not affect it. There was a thread way back about pressure washing and hand washing but from the comments it looks like it is just water getting in the top layer of the badge.

post-52230-0-72492200-1334081447_thumb.jpg

picture is from my old yeti , looks like the new one is starting to go as well

Yep, that's just exactly what I have on my front badge and mine has only just passed 7 months since I picked it up... :doh:

This is far too common a problem to be down to wash chemicals. My rear badge was replaced at it's previous service (18k) and as many will know here I don't understand this "car cleaning" thing!!

Apart from badge issue just found out by contacting dealer there is a mod required on turbo for 1.2TSI models.

It's not urgent was the response...but if it happens before sorted a different matter!!!

Seems Skoda dealers only practice one way communications!!

May be looking elsewhere (Manufacturer AND Dealer) if the trips back to sort items out persist

Driver Power Survey 2012 results or not!!

Edited by kibby

Mine was booked in today for its first service (fixed) - I was told computer showed badge replacements if necessary plus turbo software update.

Edited by Bassa

Have just dropped my car off to have the rear bumper looked at and there are 2 updates/recalls out for my car -

1.Rear badge to be renewed

2.ECU software update.

My car is a 61 plate.

I had my rear badge replaced a few weeks after I bought my Yeti, now it's got the "worm" again. Anyone know if they have changed the material in the badge or whatever?

I had my rear badge replaced a few weeks after I bought my Yeti, now it's got the "worm" again. Anyone know if they have changed the material in the badge or whatever?

It appears not- it's time they did though

Typical Skoda ineptitude...Just had my pre-booked turbo mod 'event' cancelled as "parts on back order".

We are recalling Yeti's.... me thinks maybe they should have thought ahead and stocked up with 'shims'

beforehand or is that too simple!!!

Getting more displeased with Skoda lack of service by the minute. Honda I might be back soon.

Recall 24w6 shim fitted to activator valve on turbo and ECU software update carried out.

I don't know if someone already posted that, but... recall 24w6 is for the following serials:

Yeti 1.2 TSI

TMB ??? 5L ? A 6 012772 043723

TMB ??? 5L ? B 6 006006 064512

TMB ??? 5L ? C 6 006034 058151

TMB ??? 5L ? A K 700004 702039

TMB ??? 5L ? B K 700002 701649

TMB ??? 5L ? C H 700013 700453

I've founded the info in an Italian Motor Magazine forum (QUATTRORUOTE).

check if your SM is included and, in case, contact your local Skoda service.

Edited by medi@wiz