Vrs injector recall disaster advice really would be appreciated

Hi all Update on my octavia

It's still at the dealers. it's 5th working day ,it turns out that the injector was undone ready for changing but it had the correct part number so no change needed. but it wasn't done back up, the nut was found in the top of the head , although I have still not had a full explanation , they think it has only blown the turbo. Would i be right in saying due to the level of extra diesel in the sump caused by a loose injector. They were replacing the turbo yesterday as it would tick over but would run on when revved. I'm worried now that the car I searched for for a year is going to always be a problem due to this "incident". I worry whether there is any excess wear or damage caused by the diesel in the oil. What other problems could it have caused .What sort of guarantees would I expect from the dealer? Should I talk to skoda uk and at least log the problems in case of future problems. Thanks for all the advice so far.

Thats shocking! "only blown the turbo"....idiots! the running on when reved is probably from the intercooler been full of oil,it will need removing & draining & cleaning out,so may the exhaust,the more i read about peoples problems after having the injectors sorted as per recall the more im glad mine is a petrol!

This is a worrying statement on the ability of some main dealers staff to do the job properly.

Mistakes happen, but it doesn't seem like a one off and running an engine with it's lubrication full of something none lubricating at best is never going to be good for the bearings etc.

There are some good dealers out there and c**k ups like this, just make people not want to trust any of them.

I really think that there ought to be some serious retraining going on at the very least.

I'd suggest that there is an air leak leading to poor compression on the cylinders.

Did they put new seals on with the new injectors?

I'm thinking the same thing,I got new. Seals and new seating washers replaced with mine.

And just tried another start leaving it on position 1 for longer and starting it with the clutch depressed, to take the SMF out of the equaiton - same rough running. Got to be to do with the injectors.

From the video's there is clearly something amiss.

It doesn't suprise me that the dealer who fitted the injectors can't see the issue. It took me quite a few visits before they would admit it wasn't right.

Its time to open a case with Skoda UK.

08457 745745

Ask for Chris Holland, he is all too aware of the cold starting issues and rough idle I have experienced after my injector change.

I can't understand the problem unless its just very poor workmanship.

-3 here this morning at 6.30 am and my car started perfect as if it was +15 out.

The man the done my injectors was there top mechanic well know and very fussy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's still in the dealers 3weeks and 3days now. It's all done , new turbo and one new injector seem to have cured it (turbo seals went only-apparently) . But the terminal noise I heard before the bang still cannot be explained. Picking the car up this week but has anyone got any ideas as to what I should expect from the dealer regarding some guarantees for the future as I am still concerned that it may have problems/wear due to diesel in the oil or the noise it made before the turbo went. Thanks all for the help so far.

Make sure your contact at Skoda UK adds as much detail to the case as possible.

I am in the same situation as you, I had contaminated oil and before Skoda closed the case I asked them where I'd stand in the case of premature engine failure, they said that the contaminated oil would be mentioned in the case and if the car was returned for engine damage in the future then they would assess any goodwill gesture at that point.

Well it's still in the dealers 3weeks and 3days now. It's all done , new turbo and one new injector seem to have cured it (turbo seals went only-apparently) . But the terminal noise I heard before the bang still cannot be explained. Picking the car up this week but has anyone got any ideas as to what I should expect from the dealer regarding some guarantees for the future as I am still concerned that it may have problems/wear due to diesel in the oil or the noise it made before the turbo went. Thanks all for the help so far.

I'm having problems with my vrs, it has been losing power and have had to call out the AA today when it conked out, although it started fine when the the guy turned up ! He said It's one of those faults that do happen which they find hard to diagnose as there are no warning lights on the dash and the fault is not present all the time. He did say as it has new injectors, it could be a problem with them and advised me to ring the dealer up tomorrow, which I'm going to do but I'm not exactly looking forward to as I think they will try to charge me for just the diagnostic check to find out the fault.

Anyway here's my post with the problems I'm having, will keep you all updated.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/234760-vrs-pd-losing-power/page__pid__2758472#entry2758472

Edited by studmuffin

Finally got my car back today (: all seems good with it , got guarantee package from dealers which I'm happy with. Great to have the vrs back. Thanks for everyone's help

• Like 1

I'm having problems with my vrs, it has been losing power and have had to call out the AA today when it conked out, although it started fine when the the guy turned up ! He said It's one of those faults that do happen which they find hard to diagnose as there are no warning lights on the dash and the fault is not present all the time. He did say as it has new injectors, it could be a problem with them and advised me to ring the dealer up tomorrow, which I'm going to do but I'm not exactly looking forward to as I think they will try to charge me for just the diagnostic check to find out the fault.

Anyway here's my post with the problems I'm having, will keep you all updated.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/234760-vrs-pd-losing-power/page__pid__2758472#entry2758472

Had it scanned, turned out to be lambda sensor, all fixed and repaired

• 2 weeks later...

I take it once checked/changed guess the car goes on a database at Skoda? So the next owner of the car can find out from a phone call to them,rather than having to take the car to a dealer to get it looked at.