Fabia mkI 4x4 Turbo Petrol. (from idea to build...)

BossFox

My friend has shoe horned a 2.9 VR6 lump into his 9N polo so I guess a 2.7 Bi-turbo is do-able :D

Slight difference between a 60 degree V6 and the narrow angle VR6 engine..lol

2.7 would have to be RWD which is more work than a transverse 4WD conversion.

• Like 1

meh

All that technical mumbo jumbo is for the clever people!

We just come up with the ideas and money!

A supercharged VR6 lump (MK3 Golf) beat a stock RS4 saloon at santa pod once when I was there!

Edited by Ad Lav

Finally someone with enough cash and the balls to do this. If I would have ever had the cash this was my dream. My six numbers have never come up though. :(

This car will be epic. First dibs on shotgun!

• Like 2

this would be epic but i know of a petrol fabia that will have or has that sort of power already lol but no 4x4

i think you should try and do some of the work as just paying a company to do it is rather boring!!!!

if your going to make something really special i believe the power has to be alot more imo and really go to town you got the cash so why not 500bhp 4x4 full wrc panelling etc etc

or just buy a x rally car lol

p.s ive got the 500bhp engine i could sell you lol for the right price lol lol lol

I'd look to source a wide kit like the old mkI Fabia WRC cars had. But paint the whole car one colour so it was not too obvious.

I believe you can (or could) still get the kit as there are Rallycross cars being made with it as projects.

Well that's the idea anyway.

Superskoda used to do a WRC style wide body kit.

The R35 is going soon.

It's great... But also a bit boring unless you are doing something you shouldn't be.

And everyone knows what it is, so they don't want to play.

Plus, although it's slower I honestly prefer a manual over DSG.

Overall the car is 20% more fun at 300% the cost.

I hope this car project, when finished, will be more fun.

And I am going to be involved in the build. :D

Makes it more personal.

That will make it even better. Would you think about an estate rocket ship??

Not keen, hate 4 doors with a cage etc... Start with something with 2 doors pleaseee :)

Plus there's much better cars out there man

Are you mad. :D

I want one of these:

skoda-fabia-copy.thumbnail.jpg

I can't compute fun with ultimate Fabia... Unless you're using it on events like hill climbs. As a daily driver I feel it'd become a noisy chore once the novelty wore off.

J.

It will certainly not be a daily driver.

I've got a Yeti for that, which is also 4x4 and can tow a trailer with this on if I want.

In my Fabia VRS SE I only did 2000 miles last year.

It's just a toy. Otherwise I'd do something more sensible. ;)

I know you can't make something that appeals to everyone, but I aim to get as close as I can to a Fabia rally car for the road.

• Like 2

Might as well do a saloon :)

+1 on this please

big Alfa 156 style loop spoiler on the boot lid, make it look like the ultimate barry boy car but actually follow through by the fact it goes like the clappers!

• Like 2

Richard,

i know you said you are going to CZ at Easter, are you going to visit the Factory at Mladi Boleslav?

Not sure I have time.

After this morning's madness I may be picking up a 4x4 Fabia with a 1.8t engine and coming straight back... :o

• Like 1