Fabia mkI 4x4 Turbo Petrol. (from idea to build...)

BossFox

Thanks for the encouragement guys. :)

SWEET! :)

I am so coming to the next meet you go to :rofl:

Stickered up rally esque or plain paint job?

Let me sort the car out first! :D

My current plan is to keep it fairly discreet. So a simple paint job. But like all things, it's always subject to change/review.

That's the good thing about doing a project like this from scratch and letting it develop from an idea.

I think I'd feel like a bit of a berk driving round in a stickered up rally replica. Personally I tend to prefer more subtle cars with surprising performance, rather than something everyone knows is fast and stares at you.

How did you go about sourcing this?

The internet is a wonderful thing. :nerd:

• Like 1

If you need bodywork help my best friend works as a sprayer for Motorcare in Tunbridge Wells and does some private work... i'd probably keep it silver/black with pimp wheels :)

BoxxFox - are you too far away for the Birghton meet on the 22nd April?

If you need bodywork help my best friend works as a sprayer for Motorcare in Tunbridge Wells and does some private work... i'd probably keep it silver/black with pimp wheels :)

BoxxFox - are you too far away for the Birghton meet on the 22nd April?

Thanks for the heads up if I need someone.

On the 22nd I am taking my Fabia VRS SE to Santa Pod for the GTI day: http://www.briskoda....30#entry2745237

PS. It's Richard. :)

Im sure it was a pain tho with translation etc tho lol worth it in the end tho :)

As others and yourself have said, keep it plain, race blue would be pretty special

• Like 1

Im sure it was a pain tho with translation etc tho lol worth it in the end tho :)

As others and yourself have said, keep it plain, race blue would be pretty special

Yes, it did invlove an awful lot of emails to correct some points, agree many points and made sure than everything was fully understood by both people. :thumbup:

The 07 plate I've bought is a 1.2 Classic, but it just so happens to be blue. B)

The obvious choice would be Race Blue because it's a very nice colour, but still quite subtle, plus the car is an 07 plate like the bulk of the VRS SE's and the stripped out interior will be non-metallic blue already.

But as said, this is being done from the idea stage so there is always room to go in a different direction.

Yes, it did invlove an awful lot of emails to correct some points, agree many points and made sure than everything was fully understood by both people. :thumbup:

The 07 plate I've bought is a 1.2 Classic, but it just so happens to be blue. B)

The obvious choice would be Race Blue because it's a very nice colour, but still quite subtle, plus the car is an 07 plate like the bulk of the VRS SE's and the stripped out interior will be non-metallic blue already.

But as said, this is being done from the idea stage so there is always room to go in a different direction.

Sounds good :)

I vote for steel wheels with some scratched up hub caps, 1.2 htp badge left on the back and drive it while wearing a flat cap. Ultimate sleeper!

Great project... (flat) caps off to you sir!

Phil

My current plan is to keep it fairly discreet. So a simple paint job. But like all things, it's always subject to change/review.

That's the good thing about doing a project like this from scratch and letting it develop from an idea.

I think I'd feel like a bit of a berk driving round in a stickered up rally replica. Personally I tend to prefer more subtle cars with surprising performance, rather than something everyone knows is fast and stares at you.

I'd go for a colour not available on the vRS, or even a non VAG colour entirely.

Would love something like this in a British Racing Green finish, but with some nice pearl to the paint B)

• Like 2

For a real sleeper look go to a scrappy and find as many rusty fabia panels as you can and some steelies......a rust bucket with imense power would be cool although it would be horrible

althought i have to say just keeping it looking like a normal fabia with a slightly sporty look would be cool:).

If your needing help get any skoda part send me a message i have access to all vag excess stock at really cheap prices due to a realtive being high up in a dealership:)

Make it Low ???

It will be. Because race car.

For a real sleeper look go to a scrappy and find as many rusty fabia panels as you can and some steelies......a rust bucket with imense power would be cool although it would be horrible

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. This nu-wave "rat-look" is just pap.

• Like 2

Yup i think it is absloutly horrible but it would be kinda cool.......im imagning the look on a BMW drivers face as he get slaughtered by a rusty skoda.....yous have to admit that would be fantastic to witness :)

But i must point out i think the rat look is horrible :)