VRS Lowering

Guys I'm looking at getting the Eibachs fitted but there is no way on Gods green earth I'm travelling to Manchester!

Anybody recommend somebody a little closer to Brighton? Kent, Hampshire, Surry perhaps?

ANDESSEX at Thurrock...... take the misses shopping while its being done to keep her on side!

Lots of experience with VAG run a Golf in the BTCC - reasonable prices.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have to change all four springs. For example if I were to get the own lowering springs for my estate could I change just the fronts so that the rear sat higher (as it should IMO) as I put over 100 kgs in the boot every day would this affect the cars handling etc?

Do you have to change all four springs. For example if I were to get the own lowering springs for my estate could I change just the fronts so that the rear sat higher (as it should IMO) as I put over 100 kgs in the boot every day would this affect the cars handling etc?

you could but wont look right , and may affect the handling.

No i wouldt have a OEM / aftermarket mash up, like mentioned above it will cause problems when it comes to handling

when looking into lowering springs/coilovers ect pretty much every detail of the suspension can be detailed. Some companies do coilovers with adjustable damping rates, making them stiffer ect but these are not normally cheap and the worse thing you can do for your car is buy cheap coilovers, it will ruin the car and put your safety at risk

Sorry should have checked autocorrect before posting. It is the Skoda oem eibachs that am looking at for the front. I take it that it would be better to put these all round

here's mine lowered with the eibach prokit (20mm) on oem shocks.

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2360a.jpg

it does feel slighty firmer, but the oem shocks & eibach springs seem to b working in perfect harmony.

• Like 2

Sorry should have checked autocorrect before posting. It is the Skoda oem eibachs that am looking at for the front. I take it that it would be better to put these all round

I had eibachs on when the car was relatively new - to be honest this won't fix your issue. I found with these springs on you still get a big disparity front/back when you've got a big load in the boot.

As has been said above, if you want to be able to set the car exactly as you want (including an allowance for loading) you need some coilovers.

if I were to get the own lowering springs for my estate could I change just the fronts so that the rear sat higher (as it should IMO) as I put over 100 kgs in the boot every day would this affect the cars handling etc?

Only proper solution to that is air ride.

Cheers for the replies folks. My last car was an st mondeo estate and that never looked any different loaded or not. I think it might have had self levelling tho not sure. It was one of the last ones made. Don't really want to go down the expense of coilovers or air so I think it will be lowering it and get used to the difference. At the moment it seem like the front is higher than the rear whether loaded or not. I was hoping just to be able to lower the front as I am happy with the ride height on the rear