Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

• 1 month later...

So another Wednesday another Dunnes Stores mission - Its all a bit groundhog day until I came out and a lovely 18 Fabia was very badly parked next to me !

Well I suppose the person who done this didn't park straight for fear of association with me :sweat:

That color of green would suit a Mk1 vRS so well... If I were to respray mine this is the color I would paint it. Unfortunately at my age the outside patio needs to be sorted and the driveway resurfaced so thats' the respray money gone 🤔

Did anybody ever paint a Mk1 Fabia that color ?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

• Like 2

^ We used to have those Dunnes Stores here in England. I once had a job that involved taking the elderly out shopping and I used to take them there. They liked that it had a cafe inside.

• Like 2

I believe that episode of Father Ted where the priests are lost in the lingerie section was filmed in a Dunnes Stores :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I believe that episode of Father Ted where the priests are lost in the lingerie section was filmed in a Dunnes Stores :D

Can never think of Father Ted without giggling about this scene...

Or this one!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Is that it on the spare wheels since the Monte has the vRS ones?

It is yeah, Weathers clearing up soon so I may as well throw the Spyders back on the Mk1.

The steelies are bald and don't hold air, massive pain in the arse pumping them up everytime I want to drive the car.

Have a lot of parts coming for the mk2, some of those bushes. Had a brainwave to order a "full kit" for a mk1 fabia and split it between the mk1 and mk2. Full PSB kit, mk1 gets the wishbone bushes and the mk2 will get the Arb Bushes and Rear beam Bushes.

Worked out as cheap to get the full PSB kit as powerflex wanted the same money for just the rear beam bush.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Had a brainwave to order a "full kit" for a mk1 fabia and split it between the mk1 and mk2. Full PSB kit, mk1 gets the wishbone bushes and the mk2 will get the Arb Bushes and Rear beam Bushes.

That's quite a clever idea, certainly makes sense as you have two cars that also share parts. Think it's PSB bushes I've got sitting about for the wishbones on the Fabia. :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

That's quite a clever idea, certainly makes sense as you have two cars that also share parts. Think it's PSB bushes I've got sitting about for the wishbones on the Fabia. :)

I have them in the wishbones of the monte hence why I'm happy to go again with them.

The one ballache I had getting them was, they no longer ship to Ireland. So I had to use a relatives address 10 minutes the other side of the border to have them delivered to.

Atleast they do free shipping within the UK.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

So I had to use a relatives address 10 minutes the other side of the border to have them delivered to.

Ahhh the advantages of living in a border county are not to be underestimated 👍

10 minutes ago, VanhireBoys said:

Ahhh the advantages of living in a border county are not to be underestimated 👍

We really have taken back control, worth every penny, no matter what the cost! :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

When I got my rarb last year I shipped it to ireland from the Uk instead of using an address up north.

Ended up paying another 50 euro in Customs charges on it! 

Yeah we here are getting rightly fleeced now on customs 🤔

• Like 1

Doesn't look it but I washed it today, took about an inch of shed dust off it.20220305_163920.thumb.jpg.197f2b3501f0480412dd7acce4c44a4c.jpg

Headlamp fell off but lets ignore that.

20220305_170121.thumb.jpg.4b4b6a2cffa5f738c4587b175852f2a9.jpg

It'll be going on the spyders sooner rather than later, and I think I've snagged some more parts for it aswell.

20220305_185626.thumb.jpg.a7a9f7631f36bff1bc63ba5e6e6d0aa6.jpg

Intended on getting a photo of it and the mk2 outside but I had 2 more cars to clean and it was dark by the time I got done.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...