Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

34 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

In the Mark 1 section it kinda does...

It's not specified.

The title is 'Recent pics of your Fabia for no reason, just stick em up'.  :thumbup:

For those more interested, it was built in late 2011 and first registered in early 2012.

One of the very first (if not the first - long back story) non vRS Skoda's in a vRS colour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @Lee said:

It's not specified.

The title is 'Recent pics of your Fabia for no reason, just stick em up'.  /cdn-cgi/mirage/e4627ed88efe9d3b076896e3f3e5b590bb3c755f7ccf24a502b721b4c010cd16/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0148-yes.gif

For those more interested, it was built in late 2011 and first registered in early 2012.

One of the very first (if not the first - long back story) non vRS Skoda's in a vRS colour.

Errrr, this topic is in the Fabia Mark 1 forum section so it very obviously is specified, there isn't a similar thread in the Mark 2 forum, perhaps you could start one?

40 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Errrr, this topic is in the Fabia Mark 1 forum section so it very obviously is specified, there isn't a similar thread in the Mark 2 forum, perhaps you could start one?

Yes, you're right 🙄

To balance things out here's a couple of pics of my old MKI Fabia's I recently found 😆

2023-01-09.thumb.jpg.4ad278c5905a34095ef72baf5a993f2f.jpg

2020-06-04.thumb.jpg.de3fa408595f57b2b5ba8b6350991ce1.jpg

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

P.S. Most of us Mark 1 owners think the Mark 2 is hideous by comparison although I think the estate version of the Mark 2 is actually better looking than the Mark 1 estate. It's the hatchback that's fugly.

I can agree with that. I've never owned a MkI estate but have owned two MkII estates including the Scout version I posted.

I've always regretted parting with my MkI. I miss it's PD engine punch and it's 154 bhp.

Edited by @Lee

• 2 months later...

From today. I gave it a top-up coat of wax and wheel clean. Even though I've had it years I still love to drive it and it runs really well still. 100% happy. Maybe if I tried the latest Fabia I'd want to 'upgrade' so it's probably best I don't ☺️ 

20230404_123125.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Well, it's finally time to say goodbye to my trusty Fabia after 10 'interesting' years.

Collecting my replacement 2013 Peugeot 107 tomorrow.

*pics now removed*

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

23 hours ago, TMB said:

Travelled 170 miles on National Express coaches (very tiring, also had a two-hour wait in Leeds before coach change) yesterday to collect the Peugeot. Drove it home and it's bloody marvellous! Much more pokey and entertaining than my Fabia. The 3 pot engine loves to rev and it handles motorways easily. Hard to tell it's 3 pot apart from sounding a bit raspy. There's also just as much room inside width-wise as the Fabia and the seats are much better. Mucho happy. Even filled it with Shell V-Power petrol :D

TBF the Toyota/PSA unit in these are one of their strongest attributes. If only VAG would have got their three cylinders as "right" in the smaller cars they'd be unbeatable value nowadays.

I worked for Toyota for many years and have driven countless Aygo/C1/107 cars, and they all are just so chuckable, much more akin to an early classic mini than people give them credit for.

• Like 2

The engine was developed by Toyota/Daihatsu. Supposed to be a very good unit by all accounts.

Edited by TMB

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Not my car but I've found an absolute Unicorn. Hens teeth. Rocking horse kakka.

A Fantasy Green MkI Fabia ESTATE! 

F4ZkXH8XgAMONvA.thumb.jpg.e277b742a3eda58c91134ad9c9d76a4d.jpg

F4ZkWzHXkAAbi5O.thumb.jpg.3031435c6d30f249426ae43590f79220.jpg

Capture.PNG.a517589d5bd66df6152a664a064ee6d8.PNG

Tagged the owner of this one on your Facebook post, by the way. I've got refusal on this when it comes up for sale. :)

• Love it! 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Tagged the owner of this one on your Facebook post, by the way. I've got refusal on this when it comes up for sale. :)

Yes I saw he'd replied. Thanks, Ryan. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 18:22, @Lee said:

Not my car but I've found an absolute Unicorn. Hens teeth. Rocking horse kakka.

A Fantasy Green MkI Fabia ESTATE! 

F4ZkXH8XgAMONvA.thumb.jpg.e277b742a3eda58c91134ad9c9d76a4d.jpg

F4ZkWzHXkAAbi5O.thumb.jpg.3031435c6d30f249426ae43590f79220.jpg

Capture.PNG.a517589d5bd66df6152a664a064ee6d8.PNG

Walter White's new car? 😆

• 4 months later...