What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

The silly bint not paying attention to the traffic ahead of her on the M6 today...

I was the vehicle ahead of her and yes, she rear ended me. :(

Car I am not bothered about, but SWMBO saw medic on scene and has since then had another check-up from emergency medical services.  

Little lad was in the car - he was checked out, and seems fine - I've had a bloody headache since the incident at 2:15.

Happy Birthday Rod - Here's a smash in your car with 1,500 miles on the clock.

NOT best pleased - Although I am more than pleased with the protection the vRS gave from a rear end.. 

It all looks cosmetic, but need to get it checked out by Skoda.

Took a Fiat 500 Abarth on a test drive as i really like them and was tempted to buy one in the near future. I told myself repeatedly before hand not to get too excited. But sure enough i didn't even drive it more than a mile and took it back after five minutes. Awful driving position, no reach adjustment and not enough room under the surprisingly big wheel for me to correctly and comfortably use the pedals. Suspension made of planks of wood. (Why am i not surprised even when some road testers say they ride alright, how on earth they're road testers is beyond me.) And steering where i had no idea what the front wheels were doing it would be positively scary to drive that thing in heavy rain.

So despite the great (IMO) looks, fantastic noise (again all relative) it was the polar opposite of my VRS which does everything better, well maybe except handling, tax and insurance and fuel economy lol.

ETA i hope it all works out for you Hotrod and family, good to know there were no major injuries especially for a Motorway prang.

Edited by Andy ap

Great news... her insurance has admitted full liability.. got the car booked in on 19th with skoda approved repairer..

Only issue now is I need to arrange for my loss of earnings for today and the broken laptop of my son's in the boot.

• Like 4

Riiight where to begin

Son was sick yesterday, not allowed to nursery today so I had leave home late to wait on Granny to come up and look after him. Granny held up by flat cap wearing buffoon.

Coming down the road, large mini bus pulls out in to a 40 an proceeds to creep down the road at 20.

3 miles later bus turns away and is replaced by another elderly buffoon in a flat cap driving a Suzuki Swift (if ever a car had an ironic name) who proceeded to drive at 15mph in a 30. At 15mph he still felt the need to brake at every corner yet veered over the middle line when turning. He also gave way to the left at a mini roundabout confusing the driver waiting on him.

I admit at this point, being late for a bus, I hit the horn and waved my arms around in an accurate imitation of an a angry and frustrated man.

I missed my bus.

Waiting on the next one I then observed a mature lady attempt to park her newish focus. She drove forward into the space at some speed until the car hit the kerb and bounced back. She then reversed back squared up and did it again before getting out and wandering to the bus stop.

I was surprised the car wasn't damaged, a little faster and she'd have bounced up the kerb into the verge.

I suppose that didn't annoy me but it does make you fear for buying a used car when some people 'drive' like that.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

Taking the Rover to its MOT when the indicator relay failed...... So did the MOT, passed on every thing else, so now waiting for the relay to arrive. Oh Poo!

The road I live on is narrow  but has several other roads leading off it. Quite commonly there are cars parked either side meaning there is room for only one car to progress in places. I'm sure you get the picture.

This morning from one of those roads leading off, a (ooooh look i've got a Team Sky jersey) cyclist came flying out of the junction, into the centre of the road and almost straight into the front of me. Fortunately my speed was low and I stopped with ease rather than smearing him across the bonnet. Then has the nerve to shout abuse that it was his right of way and to watch what i'm doing. Its people like this that lower my sympathy levels when a cyclist gets platted around the axle of a tipper wagon. 

Apparently my car was tagged during the night. My sister caught three kids ages 10-13 with a bunch of markers and cans in the parking lot after they accidentally activated one of the car alarms. Havent seen the damage yet, but i'm sure i'll get the urge to beat some kids when I do.

And yes she was wearing a hat she had obviously knitted herself!

I used to think that was just a myth/stereotype until I saw two old ladies driving a (original) Mini through Warrington once, and the driver was wearing a bowler hat with a daisy stuck to it, couldn't believe my eyes :D

• Like 1

Me and the transit that I was driving in work today. A traffic light on the ring road turned to red (they don't have an amber light) after I had turned my head to look down the runway to make sure that there wasn't a plane landing (you can never fully trust ATC to put the light to red as I've found out) and as I turned my head back to the front saw that it was red and slammed on the brakes. I was going 40 mph and the and the van must have taken at least 15 van legnths to pull up since the brakes were that ****. I was literally standing on the brake pedal (the right cheek of my bum had left the seat and I was using the steering wheel to help put more force into the pedal. The tyres that are on the front are almost on the wear indicators won't have helped either but it does have nearly new rears. Needless to say I overshot the stop line by about a van legnth and a half and had to back up. I genuinely think that my octy would have stopped in half the distance that the van took to stop. I know that vans take longer to stop anyway but that is taking the ****

Idiots that clearly jump lights at crossroads. I pulled briskly away from some lights on the way home, only to be confronted with the side of some big f off Jeep thing. I clearly had a green, theirs had been red for some time.

Morons.

The two idiots who really didn't want to stop at roundabouts (my right of way) today, one on the way to work, one on the way home from work. Both times I had to take evasive action. I appreciate it's annoying having to stop, but those are the rules, m'kay!

The continual idiotic w@nkers who drive through the red light and appear right in front of me after I've driven away from green. I honestly believe that you should receive a ban for this. 

• Like 1

The silly bint who stopped on a junction and seemed to be looking about as if she didn't know what was going on!

After finally pulling out into an NSL she stuck to 45 mph then when I overtook she put her foot down to come up my arse! Luckily the road was covered in mucky water so she backed off after a while of being sprayed with crap!

• Like 3

Old flat cap wearing buffoon doing 35 in a 60 this morning. I see a pattern forming...

I was 8th in a queue of 12 behind him.

The Suzuki Jiminy thing pulling in to ASDA today with what looked like a shock hanging off and the wheel wobbling all over the place. Clearly not road worthy!

Made worse by the fact I know the lazy **** lives 2 streets away from the flippin' ASDA,

He/she proceeded to find the spot closest to the door he/she could find. Incompetent, dangerous and VERY lazy!

Not today (not left the house yet) but over the last few weeks as I have been doing more miles taxi-ing the wife around for work.

The amount of people who insist on sitting at 40 on NSL roads which are nice and wide and surprisingly good condition. Think I've overtaken more cars in the last few weeks than in the past 17 years of driving.

The other that is becoming my new pet hate, people who slow excessively or even stop at large roundabouts with good visibility when there is clearly nothing approaching. Mainly, I think, because they are incapable of looking far enough ahead of their bonnet.

They then proceed to pull away just as something comes round the roundabout causing me to have to wait even longer for the vehicle to pass. If they had bloody well paid attention in the first place, we would have both been across the roundabout before anything came!!!

/rant over

• Like 1

I took my Granddaughter (11 yrs ) to a walk in centre for advice as she had temperature and sore throat, on way home she indicated that she was going to be sick so I said get a towel out off the glove compartment and I will pull off the road.

She almost made it, she got as far as opening the glove compartment and filling if with vomit, poor kid was white and I thought she would pass out but I managed to get her onto the grass verge for a short stop. I had the 2 nearside wheels on the grass with almost the whole car clear of the road, it was on a straight bit with lots of room on the tarmac, a young idiot almost collided with the rear end because he wasn't paying attention, he blasted his horn as he swerved passed at about 60 mph on a 30 stretch.

When I got G/child home after an enormous  vomiting session and her mum  getting her into the bath then bed I faced the task of cleaning the car, the only good thing for me was that it wasn't my Skoda, it was my old Freelander that my daughter acquired when I bought my Octavia

I left my daughter to try and get rid of the smell but she lives on a small holding and should be used to it by now

Best regards to all

George

The woman in the grey Audi A3 who pulled out behind me yesterday and proceeded to sit on my arse. I'd had enough of idiotic drivers so dipped the clutch and stabbed the brakes. She got the message after she shat herself. A risk i know and sometimes can backfire but hey if you cant beat whipcash why not join it ; ) (joke i do not condone that).

Then proceeded to stop adjacent to a side road because she couldn't decide if she wanted to turn into it or not then reversed and pulled into it. Woman and Audi drivers seriously! 

Edited by Andy ap