What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

I must give moto a shout again last time I was doing mass applications in work it was WB did card Moto stopped. Then in about 2009 ish I used my WB card in a WB and they said they dont use them any more and asked to see licence instead lol. I thought that was weird since I already had the card I had to show proof of licence and employment. 

We've got a load of new forms at the office from them, they're updating the system I think, I tend to use Welcome Break as it is easy.

We've got a load of new forms at the office from them, they're updating the system I think, I tend to use Welcome Break as it is easy.

Still in my wallet :D I must take a look on their site to see what the score is these days. 

20141019_222517.jpg

The thing is like i previously said if you didn't pre judge what people where going to do you would never get onto the roundabout? With the ones that don't indicate at all and the ones that indicate wrong you would be sitting there all day if you didn't make an assumption on their intentions. Its not like a car where you can just jump onto the roundabout and power out of any mistake. Its kind of all or nothing.

You use the people who indicate prior to the exit as a blocker for the exit prior to the one your about to come out of. I feel your average Joe Bloggs driving a normal car wouldn't get it.

Urggghh I ****ing hate this, I've got to the point where I just keep going if I pull out, rather than hang into the roundabout, does my tits in

Urggghh I ******* hate this, I've got to the point where I just keep going if I pull out, rather than hang into the roundabout, does my tits in

i always approach with caution but i was only about a foot into the first lane trying not to get irate then another maybe 2 minutes of waiting i just had to pick a gap and go for it. with a chorus of beeps from soccer mums and assholes who only have to roll off the accelerator but instead they see you pull out then accelerate unto you and beep...... congratulations dickhead. 

Still in my wallet :D I must take a look on their site to see what the score is these days. 

20141019_222517.jpg

Still got mine too  :D

Now just turn up and sign the sheet (name, company, coach reg, no. of PAX) at whichever outlet you go to (there's often a list of price limits at each outlet in the coach park area), they'll give you up to the value (Costa are meanest, Harry Ramsdens unlimited) then depending on how many passengers you get reward vouchers (£1 per 6 PAX IIRC) to spend wherever-I usually buy car mags for the hang up periods.

Most drivers are in uniform so there's no questions, but a job sheet will suffice if needed.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

It was annoying to return form Holiday to discover that we'd left a map light on and the car was totally dead, totally.

3hr drive from home. Brass monkeys.

SWMBO not best pleased (her map light btw).

Geordie AA boys were very nice. On way after 90min.

Unlucky set of circumstances, dropped bags at underground carpark of the Hilton at Newcastle, light on for docs. Drive across to carpark in daylight and miss that the light was still on.

FFS.

Plus a convoy system on the A1 with no convoy vehicle followed by the traffic lights on the A1, followed by a feckin magical mystery tour around Eyemouth since the A1 was shut with traffic lights on the diversion for more roadworks, followed by 5 miles of cones an 40mph for "no road markings", where there were plenty of road markings and no one working.

Car going ok since, hopefully battery not FUBAR.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

It was annoying to return form Holiday to discover that we'd left a map light on and the car was totally dead, totally.

3hr drive from home. Brass monkeys.

SWMBO not best pleased (her map light btw).

Geordie AA boys were very nice. On way after 90min.

Unlucky set of circumstances, dropped bags at underground carpark of the Hilton at Newcastle, light on for docs. Drive across to carpark in daylight and miss that the light was still on.

FFS.

Plus a convoy system on the A1 with no convoy vehicle followed by the traffic lights on the A1, followed by a feckin magical mystery tour around Eyemouth since the A1 was shut with traffic lights on the diversion for more roadworks, followed by 5 miles of cones an 40mph for "no road markings", where there were plenty of road markings and no one working.

Car going ok since, hopefully battery not FUBAR.

What car was the map light on then?

My fabia turns it off automatically after about 20 or 30 minutes to try n save the battery.

Bloody good idea i thought

Driver seriously cut me up to squeeze into a gap between me and a truck coming off a motorway. Empty lane behind me.

usually the case must be able to see that line of invisible lorries behind you

usually the case must be able to see that line of invisible lorries behind you

Police need to clamp down on people driving without due care and attention I know I would if I was plod :) would love to be in a unmarked 330 up and down the motorways [emoji39]

The two sat somewhere between lane 2 and 3 on the A3 today...Stopped, hazards, and not moving. I would say that traffic was moving slow enough that they could get out and give it a push. Instead they sat in the car, on the phone. I hope calling for help.

nothing annoyed me today whilst driving, nothing annoyed me yesterday, or the day before, or in the last week, in fact probably in the last month.  Sure there's the odd bit of bad driving out there, but if it's enough to annoy me to the point I need to tell the world, I wouldn't enjoy my driving.  I always maintain a PMA behind the wheel, regardless of what other f**kwits are doing.  That's just part and parcel of driving and shouldn't get to you.   :thumbup:

Not today, not even yesterday but at the beginning of last month, driving back from the highlands.

I came up to a train of traffic who showed no intention of passing the slower goods vehicle in front. That's fine, I've got no problem with that, plus the roads were quiet and there were plenty of straights to progress up the queue and ultimately overtake the goods vehicle. Made a couple of overtakes, getting by a number of cars each time and most slowed down to let me past.

Go for another overtake, take a couple of cars and see a vehicle on the opposite side of the road so indicate to move in as this particular gentleman on my left was driving quite close to the car in front. He continues to tailgate the car in front of him making clear that he wasn't going to let me in. I move over to the left anyway, as I'd rather scrape his car than take a head on collision. Did the **** actually want to kill me and whoever was in the opposing car? For the sake of not being overtaken!?

When he realised I wasn't messing around and would have happily driven him off the road to avoid a head on collision he made space.

nothing annoyed me today whilst driving, nothing annoyed me yesterday, or the day before, or in the last week, in fact probably in the last month.  Sure there's the odd bit of bad driving out there, but if it's enough to annoy me to the point I need to tell the world, I wouldn't enjoy my driving.  I always maintain a PMA behind the wheel, regardless of what other f**kwits are doing.  That's just part and parcel of driving and shouldn't get to you.   :thumbup:

This thread clearly isn't for you!

• Like 2

Still got mine too  :D

Now just turn up and sign the sheet (name, company, coach reg, no. of PAX) at whichever outlet you go to (there's often a list of price limits at each outlet in the coach park area), they'll give you up to the value (Costa are meanest, Harry Ramsdens unlimited) then depending on how many passengers you get reward vouchers (£1 per 6 PAX IIRC) to spend wherever-I usually buy car mags for the hang up periods.

Most drivers are in uniform so there's no questions, but a job sheet will suffice if needed.

lol I don't think I will try it again, I normally used it when I turned up in an artic  :angel: "where are your passengers?"  -  "all over the place"  :D  Sounds like they are onto me now lol

• Like 1

I get this; knowing that there's somewhere I can vent about onanists in a safe (and usually supportive) environment helps me keep a PMA when I'm actually driving. 

I don't about annoyed - more like scared - the driver of a McVities' lorry on the M6 that:

1. pulled from the inside lane forcing a car to take avoiding action from the middle lane into the outside fortunately there was just enough room.

2. Stayed in the middle lane but wandered into both the inside and outside lanes, crossing the lines each sides drove like this for a couple of miles.

• Like 1

The imbecilic white van driving morons who, upon seeing the long tailback of stationary traffic and disappearing slip road joining the motorway, still proceeded to storm down the inside using the hard shoulder as their own private roadway, only to slam on two cars in front and barge in.

Absolute jerks.

Narrowly followed by the Audi driver weaving in and out of all three lanes at warp speed last night on the M61 north bound.  

Swear words are too good to use on these oxygen thieves.

What car was the map light on then?

My fabia turns it off automatically after about 20 or 30 minutes to try n save the battery.

Bloody good idea i thought

It was the Honda. ******* things bings and bongs for everything else but not that.

^ tis a sound idea indeed.

I like the Accord but sometimes I do miss the no-nonsense/sensible head of VAG.

The Japanese are a bit odd in their thinking with somethings. AA guy couldn't lift the bonnet. Insted of the lever on the bonnet that you usually pull forward (or the pop out lever on the Octy) the Honda has a little lever on the bottom side you have to push right. Took me feckin ages to figure that out

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Oh and just to add to the thread.

******* BMW's ******* c**ting electronic dipstick.

SWMBO announced that the day before her car had flashed a warning that was probably an amber oil light. Probably.

Stupid car has no dipstick. In order to test if the car had no oil I had to drive it nearly 10 miles before it deemed me worthy of an answer.

Yes it was.

I put in about a litre. Was it enough?

No good sir you must undertake yet another unnecessary journey of 10 miles before I shall reveal the answer!

******* pile of ****e.

PS - C**ting isn't filtered is anyone wants a good swearword to show :devil:

I put in my own ** so as not to frighten the easily offended.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

It was the Honda. ******* things bings and bongs for everything else but not that.

^ tis a sound idea indeed.

I like the Accord but sometimes I do miss the no-nonsense/sensible head of VAG.

The Japanese are a bit odd in their thinking with somethings. AA guy couldn't lift the bonnet. Insted of the lever on the bonnet that you usually pull forward (or the pop out lever on the Octy) the Honda has a little lever on the bottom side you have to push right. Took me feckin ages to figure that out

Things like that confuse me.

Theres nothing wrong with a normal bonnet mechanism, so why change it to some fancy thing

Like the electronic handbrakes. I cant see what the problem with a lever is..