Yeti driver officially becomes 'old fart'.

Bobdog

Have tried SAGA in the past and their quotes have been hopeless,ie the price with LV which I went for was aprox £500-00,SAGA quoted me aprox £940-00.

Have just tried Confused.Com out of interest and LV is still the best but SAGA are not far behind.Must be because for the first time in 5 years I can answer no to the 'have you had an accident in the last 5 years' question.On Christmas morning 2006 some plank visiting next door hit my rear bumper and caused £300-00 worth of damage and he wanted to go thro' the insurance to pay for the damage.

Have tried SAGA in the past and their quotes have been hopeless,ie the price with LV which I went for was aprox £500-00,SAGA quoted me aprox £940-00.

Exactly the same here!

And the SAGA policy wasn't as good.

Have just tried Confused.Com out of interest and LV is still the best but SAGA are not far behind.Must be because for the first time in 5 years I can answer no to the 'have you had an accident in the last 5 years' question.

The problem I find with the comparison is you can't compare the policies, and as I said above the SAGA one didn't include some of the things that the LV Frizzell policy did cover.

I've been with SAGA on and off several times over recent years, depending on comparative quotes. They have said approx £12 more for the switch to the Yeti (whenever!) but that would be after the renewal date anyway so we'll wait and see.

As for Old Farts, I'm not the oldest member here because we haven't even got a Build date, let alone a real Yeti, so I don't qualify.

73 going on 74 tomorrow. :wub:

Skoda insurance was best available when I got the Yeti, hope it's still competitive when I get the renewal. Saga were £80 dearer.

LV, Skoda, Co-op all more expensive for me. Interesting what a range of quotes we're getting, and I'm sure that postcode is a major factor. I'm 56, clean licence, no convictions, long 'no claims' etc. I do need 'business' cover and I do up to 25k miles a year which bumps it up a bit, but I also know if I was home in Norfolk instead of exiled to West Yorks things would be much cheaper. Co-op quote was over £600 and LV closer to £700. SAGA came in at £400.

All these premium quotes are getting me excited (I think??) Mine is a leased company car, we pay a flat £1,000 p.a. per car (we only have 2) which my Director seems to think is cheap !! However they are both insured for any driver over 25, full business use (class 2) and the other vehicle is an X3 - which he has bumped!

I tried to convince him that I should just insure it seperately for myself and Mrs M, plus business use (class 2) for me, and I got some reasonable quotes, but he insisted 'any driver' just in case

It's only been to my office 4 times in 12 months, and appart from Mrs M has only been driven once by somebody else (my Director) - who insisted on thrashing it round the local ring road and roundabouts just to try it out (and agree that it was better than his X3

Age - well I'll be 69 this year, and still working, because I enjoy it, I get paid, and I got the Yeti to drive.... I talked them into a lease purchase contract so that at the end of the contract, I can buy the car at silly money - when I retire in 2 years, and reading the post yesterday about residual values I am pretty sure I am going to be onto a winner (Fingers firmly crossed praying the bottom doesn't drop out of the used Yeti Market

In the meantime I am sitting in an hotel in Darlington and it's thrashing it down outside, glad I don't have to drive home tonight in it !!

Edited by Millstone

Sorry don't know what happened above - doesn't seemed to have read the formating !!

Sorted it out with some 'deleting'...

Edited by Millstone

LV for me. 56 years young with a Cmax 2.0 TDCI.

I retired last year and like many my insurance went up!. On retiring I let my Tiguan go back and bought an old Saab....and it was dearer than the Tiguan.

I have heard its dearer if you put your car in the garage too...too many people with over wide cars in narrow garages.

Insurance quotes are so varied and seem to lack common logic.....but I'm not an underwriter.

Idle musings on this information.........

I wonder who the OLDEST Yeti owner on this list is?

So far, at 66 Merlinman carries the incontinence pad. At a mere 63 I'm holding the denture cup.

Unless, of course, you know different!

Well I do not qualify but my 91 yr old father and proud owner of his Skoda Fabia may well beat all of you......

Just watch SAGA at renewal.They are keen to get new business as the market has become very competitive.

I am with LV and Saga quoted me quite a bit more almost a year ago.

My next door neighbours not married both insured in their own names both 81 years old no claims ever with a Jag and a 1.4 Yaris diesel Auto asked my opinion about their increased premiums

Both renewals came through and they saved £600 on Jag and £400 on Yaris by switching to LV you can guess what they had been quoted for renewal, roughly twice these amounts .Their premiums had been creeping up for years and rocketed this year (they generously offered to knock £50 of both) they thought Saga were the best bet .

Thought SAGA were there as older persons champion but obviously just expect to get away with extorsion and take advantage of long standing customers in particular those who are not computer literate.

Love to get Saga and probably the whole industry on Watchdog for this type of unethical practice..

Watchdog took an insurer to task a couple of weeks ago about hiking premiums in the second year. Customer got his renewal quote then went on their website as a new customer and I think there was about a hundred pounds difference. The insurance company made all sorts of excuses and squirmed alot under Ms Robinsons grilling but were unrepentant.

Each year when I get my renewal notice I do some quick searches to see if others are quoting better prices. I have just signed up with SAGA, last year I was with the Co-op, the year before with LV. It's quite clear they all play the same game - a cheap first year to lure you in, then bump up the price in subsequent years. Accordingly I will keep switching. When I 'phoned the Co-op to say I was leaving, the call centre person suggested going through my details again because he was "sure they could offer something better". Offer it to me in the first place then, instead of first trying to rip me off in the assumption that I'm going to be too inert to have a look elsewhere.

• Like 1

LV again this year - I tried SAGA last year and they were uncompetitive, as were the IAM and NFU (I have my house insured with the latter). Had to phone up LV to get them to reduce it by £50, but that seems to be the game they all play these days.

What annoyed me about SAGA is that their on-line system doesn't seem to allow you to opt-out of junk mail, and I was getting so much trash I eventually wrote to their data controlled to get me taken off their mailing list.

I've been waiting since I was 17 for my insurance premiums to start reducing with age, but still no sign at 53. Maybe if I still drove a Triumph Herald rather than a Yeti and an XF....

Each year when I get my renewal notice I do some quick searches to see if others are quoting better prices. I have just signed up with SAGA, last year I was with the Co-op, the year before with LV. It's quite clear they all play the same game - a cheap first year to lure you in, then bump up the price in subsequent years. Accordingly I will keep switching. When I 'phoned the Co-op to say I was leaving, the call centre person suggested going through my details again because he was "sure they could offer something better". Offer it to me in the first place then, instead of first trying to rip me off in the assumption that I'm going to be too inert to have a look elsewhere.

I've been with the Co-op insurance for a couple of years as I bank with Co-op and I like the idea of a mutual. I always check other companies before I renew, then use that information to request a discount. I got £25 off each policy this year.

Chris

Just turned 60 the other day, and was told by my boss that I would get an extra week paid vacation every year!

This year it will be used for a Yeti trip to beautiful Denmark.

:-)

I've been with the Co-op insurance for a couple of years as I bank with Co-op and I like the idea of a mutual. I always check other companies before I renew, then use that information to request a discount. I got £25 off each policy this year.

Chris

I also choose to bank with the Co-op for ethical reasons, but the difference between their quote and SAGA was £200. There's a limit to how much ethics I can afford.

I also choose to bank with the Co-op for ethical reasons, but the difference between their quote and SAGA was £200. There's a limit to how much ethics I can afford.

Quite! I plan to get a quote from Skoda insurance before trying SAGA and the Co-op. But when I checked with the Co-op before ordering my Yeti, it was going to be about £280, £70 better than with my BMW, for some reason.

I'll look around, as always.

Chris