FUBAR

Apologies for not posting this sooner

Not the best photographer and a little " Snap Happy " - but here's a link to some of the pictures I took at the Bike Show last weekend.

http://s1088.beta.ph...bikes/Bike Show

Good event - some interesting new bikes coming through from BMW camp.

• Like 1

Woot I think I've just about got SWMBO persuaded to let me get another one.

BMW F800ST for the summer old Jimny for the winter.

Apologies for not posting this sooner

Not the best photographer and a little " Snap Happy " - but here's a link to some of the pictures I took at the Bike Show last weekend.

http://s1088.beta.ph...bikes/Bike Show

Good event - some interesting new bikes coming through from BMW camp.

Cheers for sharing the pics was like Christmas morning going through those! Did you book any test rides on the day?

• Like 1

ok ive been into bikes ever since i can remember however do to not seeing the point in owning a road going 50 i got my first road bike at 22

kawasaki kr1250

Untitled-1.jpg

then came kawasaki zzr600 e4

Untitled-4.jpg

bought this to run along side the zzr a peugeot speedfight 100

93370A33-1887-4F19-81F8-800499BB4AC0-742-000000FD58F793F1.jpg

sold them both and bought this zx6r j2

Untitled-8.jpg

i took a year off bikes but due to a split with a ex and me moving back home i had some spare money and bought these 2, a nc30 and yz400

Untitled-6.jpg

the nc30 quickly made way for this zx7r

048.jpg

sold that to help purchase my new house! 7 months in the new house and this arrived gsxr 600

CameraPictures176.jpg

that made way for my fireblade rr6

IMG_1855.jpg

my wrists started to give way after 18 months and 20k so i sold it to buy a 954 fireblade and a car for general running about

IMG_3209.jpg

well due to my wrists i crashed it!!! so after 4 years i got tempted back by the cheap running of a moped hence the arrival of the jetforce 125

CAF59469-9C21-4928-8CF0-5980C6D92320-742-000000FE5E6F5913.jpg

well that didn't last long due to it being rubbish and made way for a honda pcx 125

EC01B591-BBA3-4F35-AF50-9E27BAA644CE-179-00000118CB0FEC97.jpg

i then sold my vrs and the temptaion got to much i traded the pcx in for my triumph speed triple

71A5957F-9C48-48BC-A658-165CF139F3F7-742-000000FB29227B3D.jpg

• Like 1

1970's - pre 16 years old

Raliegh Runabout (Ex GPO),

BSA Bantam D7 cut about for the fields,

Bultaco Sherpa T.

Road bikes, Teenager

FS1E of course!

Suzuki X7

RD 250E

Born again,

CBR 400 Tri arm

VFR 400

CBR 600

GSXR 750

Fireblade RRT

Fireblade RRW

Daytona 955i

CB 500 (winter hack still own but going soon)

and finally,

My Lambretta LI 150, restored by me a few years ago and still with less than 200 miles on the clock.Getting buried with that one :)

1970's - pre 16 years old

Raliegh Runabout (Ex GPO),

BSA Bantam D7 cut about for the fields,

Bultaco Sherpa T.

Road bikes, Teenager

FS1E of course!

Suzuki X7

RD 250E

Born again,

CBR 400 Tri arm

VFR 400

CBR 600

GSXR 750

Fireblade RRT

Fireblade RRW

Daytona 955i

CB 500 (winter hack still own but going soon)

and finally,

My Lambretta LI 150, restored by me a few years ago and still with less than 200 miles on the clock.Getting buried with that one :)

Thats another healthy list from born again upgraded nicely as you went too! Any pics to share? Especially of the Lambretta??

Any pics to share? Especially of the Lambretta??

I so wish i'd bothered to take some pictures of the early years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time having fun was probably the only thing on my agenda.

Have a link to the Lambretta Resto' if it works.

Cheers for sharing the pics was like Christmas morning going through those! Did you book any test rides on the day?

Sadly didn't get chance to book any test rides and to be honest would have struggled to decide which to go for ...... so many great bikes.

Did sit and have a bounce on quite a few though :happy: Including Max Biaggi's - he must be a lot smaller than me, is all I can say !!! :think:

Sadly didn't get chance to book any test rides and to be honest would have struggled to decide which to go for ...... so many great bikes.

Did sit and have a bounce on quite a few though :happy: Including Max Biaggi's - he must be a lot smaller than me, is all I can say !!! :think:

What is your dream bike from the show?

What is your dream bike from the show?

Ooooo that's a toughie - always love the Ducati monsters, but for me and probably bike I could handle happily it would probably be the Suzuki GSR750 or the Kawasaski 636 ................ ok you got me, can't pick :rofl:

Ooooo that's a toughie - always love the Ducati monsters, but for me and probably bike I could handle happily it would probably be the Suzuki GSR750 or the Kawasaski 636 ................ ok you got me, can't pick :rofl:

Monster stand looked awesome on the coverage of the show on Eurosports. The new 636 looks fantastic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gladys Gladius and I have just had our first ride of the year :yes: - Beautiful skies but still cold. Might take the two legs out for a run too later when I can feel them again :rofl:

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and loads of great ride outs for 2013 :happy: :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, I thought the wiper blade type rubber on my gloves were bad!

I don't have any on my gloves, I have seen the ones on index finger and I do actually want some but I am a bit paranoid on my gear especially now and never found a pair that suited my needs aside form the blade.

My SV, (A bit wet compared to a Z1000 I admit) But I love it none the less.

KGrHqNokE9mgmJSvBPz4bVCw60_12.jpg

Nice SV650 looks like new, always love to see a well kept bike, I would consider one or an ER6 as a replacement to my bike if I sell it and buy a house commute distance dependant! Left side profile of an SV always make me go "WOW where's the down pipe!!??" then I remember its offset to right :whew:

They ain't a mark on it, not one!

Braided hoses, heated grips are good and I have put the original pillion handle back on after falling out with my top box (for work) head down at 100+ mph with a 51 litre top box. Near disaster!

They ain't a mark on it, not one!

Braided hoses, heated grips are good and I have put the original pillion handle back on after falling out with my top box (for work) head down at 100+ mph with a 51 litre top box. Near disaster!

My late and to date favourite bike in actual configuration in pic fairly heavy on its wheels there was stable at 140-145mph on autobahn a few days before that pic in Dragon country was taken, I was rather surprised! But without the boxes would hit its limiter with ease and plenty of usable RPM's left. 55mpg ish on a tour :( what a bike!

IMG_20110703_125946.jpg