FUBAR

quality tarmac

Have you been to Sheffield lately :D  :D

Seriously though, I see your point, varying road surface's obviously play a part in friction generated. It sounds like a quality set of leathers will need to be purchased and keep my textiles for the shorter/low speed rides.

Need to buy another wardrobe now, my current one is full of cycling clothes that colour match to which push bike I ride, need the same now for the motorbike :)

Have you been to Sheffield lately :D  :D

Seriously though, I see your point, varying road surface's obviously play a part in friction generated. It sounds like a quality set of leathers will need to be purchased and keep my textiles for the shorter/low speed rides.

Need to buy another wardrobe now, my current one is full of cycling clothes that colour match to which push bike I ride, need the same now for the motorbike :)

Have you not seen my ranting about all roads here being tar&chipping on the forum :D 

I am hesitant to listen to manufacturers claims on slide tests, i'd rather go of MCN or someone testing a pile of them. So it's done in more realistic conditions with no conflict of interest. But at the end of the road, you can only get the best you can afford! :( 

Off to Cardiff tonight to pick up my £20 set of leathers. 

I'll be road testing the wifes HJC RPHA ST lid later as well, 

I'm interested to see how it fares noise wise compared to my Shark Speed R.

Panniers empty and ready to go, and good weather promised. 

New summer gloves are todays ebay purchase....

£5 for a pair of Richa WSS 

£30 new most places

Unfortunately he wants a fiver postage as well but still cheepz. 

I have short cuff summers already but wanted some which go over my 

sleeves too...  

• Like 1

Another biker here :)

Good man, but don't leave us in suspense! What have you got? What have you had? Got any pics? Been anywhere good? Spill :P 

Nice! My boss let me take his bike for a quick spin at the weekend. Loved it! Much more comfortable than the GSXR's and the fireblade I road. Slightly lower pegs and less hunched over. Although it is a older sports bike.

64F29AC8-0EA3-441C-B677-81DBD3660D2E_zps

The older sports bikes are always comfier mate. Nice padded seats etc etc.

Its only recently theyve got smaller, a tiny but of padding on the seat and higher foot pegs IMO.

I really like the K1/2/3 GSXR's but my boss is roughly the same hight as me, he had a thou and said he wasnt comfortable on it, pegs were too high and fairly hunched over (more so than the Ninja anyway). CBR's seem to be tiny too, certainly my mates 2003 600 was like a mini moto compared to others I've sat on. I'll have to go and try them all for size when I decide to buy but he reckoned for comfort the zx was the best of all he's had. 

I just went to Greggs in town for a baguette. Decided I couldnt be bothered to take the car and spend 20min trying to park so thought I'll take the bike. I though since it's less than a mile at 20mph I'd not bother kitting up and just ride as it, jeans and a hoody, (obviously a lid too  :D ) just to see how it felt. Was very strange, felt so venerable, 20mph felt much faster too! I dont know how my brother can ride round on his bike in shorts and shirt and not **** himself at the thought of coming off! Safe to say when I go out later I'll be kitting up. 

Hopefully the weather will be ok, might go for a trip to London again now I've managed to sort my brothers GSXR and it charges it's bike correctly again.

I just went to Greggs in town for a baguette. Decided I couldnt be bothered to take the car and spend 20min trying to park so thought I'll take the bike. I though since it's less than a mile at 20mph I'd not bother kitting up and just ride as it, jeans and a hoody, (obviously a lid too  :D ) just to see how it felt. Was very strange, felt so venerable, 20mph felt much faster too! I dont know how my brother can ride round on his bike in shorts and shirt and not **** himself at the thought of coming off! Safe to say when I go out later I'll be kitting up. 

Hopefully the weather will be ok, might go for a trip to London again now I've managed to sort my brothers GSXR and it charges it's bike correctly again.

I did that once in Holland when on call and got an urgent L&D, due to traffic at time of day I took my bike and never ever did it again. Similar felt a bit naked on it and I scuffed a trekking ankle length boot/shoe thing on the road going round a roundabout right over! A lot less of a problem with toe sliders, but the rubber bite in and made me do a little split second poo. 

ps. DAMN you for mentioning Greggs! I had one on Sunday on way to the national meet and I miss them so much as Greggs are not in NI :( 

Well that was interesting.

Rode to work tonight in terrential rain/thunder/lightening, at some points I couldn't tell where the road ended and the pavement began due to the amount of water on the road.

WOW, I'm so supprised by how well the Michellin Pilot Streets behave in the rain. What has been highlighted though is the poor design of the zip in waterproof trousers, they don't come up high enough or go down the leg far enough to offer full protection but the jacket was perfect and I my top half stayed dry :)

Next purchase, a decent set of waterproofs.

• Like 1

New addition to the stable. Bought this 3 months ago, and I'm loving it. A very different riding experience to the Aprilia. I've hankered after a Cali for 35 years, so I got one. 1996, 55,000 miles, and still goes well.

1ywmjl.jpg

Edited by MartDude

I'm thinking more like this, the Rev'it Pacific 1 piece rainsuit

pacificyel.jpg

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/REV-IT_Motorcycle_Clothing_Rainsuit_Pacific_H2O_Neon?sc=19&category=164 

As winter approaches, more and more of my riding will be in the cold/dark/wet weather, so something highly visable is a must. 

I just have waterproof trousers elastic waist no zips no dramas, then my rainy time of year my epic textile main jacket I have, has kept me bone dry in mega storm stuff. 

I'm thinking more like this, the Rev'it Pacific 1 piece rainsuit

pacificyel.jpg

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/REV-IT_Motorcycle_Clothing_Rainsuit_Pacific_H2O_Neon?sc=19&category=164 

As winter approaches, more and more of my riding will be in the cold/dark/wet weather, so something highly visable is a must. 

I agree, mine isn't plain black though. It's black and hi viz. like this pic

$T2eC16J,!y8E9s2fif5nBRvy722vj!~~60_35.J

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_rev/71184

In other news, collected super cheap leathers tonight from Cardiff. 

Made it home Cardiff to Bath (ish) 40 mins flat. 

Pretty happy with that. Took longer getting there but I stopped twice at 2

petrol stations cos I needed a wazz. But neither had a public loo :dull:

In the end I relieved myself at the ebay sellers house. It was a proper long horse

pi55 too, it just wouldn't stop. I must have weed out a good litre and a half.

(I have a bus drivers bladder so can store much wee.)  It was a bit embarrassing

but we all have to pee I guess.  There were a few spots of rain when I set off from

home but it soon wore off and stayed dry but cloudy.

Crossing the severn bridge by bike was smart (windy though) , skipping the £6.40 toll cos I was

on a bike was even better. I did there and back on under a tenners worth of petrol.

I would have paid more in P and P if the seller has sent them to me. LOL

• Like 1

I use oxford bone dry over trousers and my textile jacket is already fully waterproof.

I'm not a big fan of hiigh viz either, but i have to say, in a waterproof suit, it is a good idea.

Let's face it, if the conditions are bad enough that your wearing one, visibility is gonna be lower than average.

We all know how many drivers dont see us.

I think thats a really good idea tbh.

I used to love the effect my high viz had when I took the ZZR1400 to UK and with my lid being mainly white scary how quickly drivers see you coming from behind and react, compared to not having it on. Then the sheer disappointment when they realise they drove sensibly for nothing muwhahahahah.  

Me%2520Shark%2520View.png

• Like 1