FUBAR

Been using my bike for work this week, done quite well, 150 miles to the tank and had some brisk riding on the way in the mornings. My god is it filthy now though, proper rank!

Worst thing about riding this time of year mate, it doesnt stay clean 5 mins.

How's the weather there fellas?  My best mate and his missus have just

hatched their first brat and I want to pop down and see them all when I get home. 

I am due to start a bathroom for a neighbour so I only have the Sunday to get to and from 

London. I'd rather not drive, bit sick of driving after nearly 4000km around New Zealand's

south island over the last few weeks, would rather not put any miles on the Audi as its 

back in Auto trader when I get back. Hopefully I can get one last run on the bike before

I mothball it for winter. It will be for sale also in the spring. Might get it serviced by 

Kawasaki before I park it up so it's good to go for the next owner. I'll be removing

the luggage and racks and selling them separately over winter. 

I have a pair of those ramps fun at home, surprisingly strong bIts of kit and handy

if you should ever need to load your bike into a vehicle. 

Well I hope so,  I've had and am still having a great holiday. But I've really 

missed my bike. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fair weather biker though

so if it's crappy weather I can postpone a week or two until I get a fine day. 

My mates off work anyway on paternity leave for a few weeks so I can work

something out.  It will speed things up a bit if I can go down on 2 wheels.

And the fuel bill will be a lot less.... I'm on bread and water for a month or two

when I get home, this holiday has cost a BOMB and I've eaten way way too much over

in NZ and I'm not sure my leathers will still fit. Have eaten out 3 times a day for a month.

Am easily a stone heavier as I've been on the beers a LOT more than usual too. 

Been hitting the gym over here in Malaysia and in this heat it's nearly killed me.

• Like 1

Well I hope so,  I've had and am still having a great holiday. But I've really 

missed my bike. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fair weather biker though

so if it's crappy weather I can postpone a week or two until I get a fine day. 

My mates off work anyway on paternity leave for a few weeks so I can work

something out.  It will speed things up a bit if I can go down on 2 wheels.

And the fuel bill will be a lot less.... I'm on bread and water for a month or two

when I get home, this holiday has cost a BOMB and I've eaten way way too much over

in NZ and I'm not sure my leathers will still fit. Have eaten out 3 times a day for a month.

Am easily a stone heavier as I've been on the beers a LOT more than usual too. 

Been hitting the gym over here in Malaysia and in this heat it's nearly killed me.

Glad you're having a good'en!

Im a big bike fan myself, but when the weathers crappy, windy and wet, i would rather do a motorway jaunt in a nice audi s3 haha.

Just have to wait n see what its like i guess mate. Just having to take the weather as it comes this time of year

• Like 1

How's the weather there fellas?  

If you read the Express, tonight there will be an end of the world hurricane hitting the UK, if you read everywhere else, it's going to be a bit windy again :D tail end of some hurricane just. From the moment my shed went up it's been getting put to the test it seems :D 

Glad holiday going well, I get the same when away wanting to get back to bike!!!! 

• Like 1

It's nearly 10PM here and its 29°c and still and completely windless. 

I'm sitting in reception uploading pictures to photobucket  and watching a gecko

running about on the ceiling, when my phone has finished I'm off to my lovely cool

super air conned sea villa where Mrs grr is waiting for me. I may be too full to take 

full advantage of that. Tomorrow I am booked up for a 3hour massage session and day

in the spa. Foot scrub, aromatherapy, hot stones, and much much more...

It's supposed to be one of the best spas in the world so I have high hopes. 

Can't tax the bike because the MOT ran out...

...on 1 May.

Ooops

lol I randomly checked when mine was the other day as I couldn't remember, as I don't have the main certificate I checked the MOT disc on bike and noticed I need to tax it again next month :( (Just a month after the fecking car one lol) 

My car and bike MOT's are both within the fortnight running up to Christmas. Fortunately it's not kicked me in the balls so far.

thankfully mine are nicely spaced, unfortunately the bike is 4x the price of the car to tax!!

thankfully mine are nicely spaced, unfortunately the bike is 4x the price of the car to tax!!

lol crazy world. Silly thing for me is that my bike is as much to tax as yours and near half the size of engine :( 

Bikes in the top tax band which is £80 a year now! The little fabias still £110 (or is it £130? Cant remember) though

Everything comes at September time for me, so im doing 6 monthly tax on the car n bike to space it out about.

Tax isnt too bad, its the car insurance thats the big one

Bikes in the top tax band which is £80 a year now! The little fabias still £110 (or is it £130? Cant remember) though

Everything comes at September time for me, so im doing 6 monthly tax on the car n bike to space it out about.

Tax isnt too bad, its the car insurance thats the big one

Motorbikes are categorised by CC iv had this grievance before. There are some cars driving round paying no road tax that put out more emissions than bikes and yet we are still being penalised because they are still charged by CC !!!!

Motorbikes are categorised by CC iv had this grievance before. There are some cars driving round paying no road tax that put out more emissions than bikes and yet we are still being penalised because they are still charged by CC !!!!

Yup!

Anything above 600cc is in the top band i think!

So my mate pays less on his zzr600 than i used to on my lower state of tune cleaner sv650s. But thats the way it works i guess!

£80 isnt too bad though.

To get the same thrill from a car itd be £500 a year lol.

Yup!

Anything above 600cc is in the top band i think!

So my mate pays less on his zzr600 than i used to on my lower state of tune cleaner sv650s. But thats the way it works i guess!

£80 isnt too bad though.

To get the same thrill from a car itd be £500 a year lol.

All based on 12 months

Not over 150. £17.00

151-400 £38.00

401-600 £58.00

Over 600 £80.00

So a Toyota Aygo or Citreon C1, a tax class B car, pays just £20 a year, producing 139gm of Co2...

....but a Honda VFR making just 16.5g of CO2, pays £78 a year, nearly 4 times as much.

My vfr makes 16.5gkm? Really? Thats hardly anything!

Class be is 101-110gkm. If an aygo is 139gkm itd be in class E which is £130.

But never the less, i see where you're coming from.

Surely a vfr is more than 16.5gkm though?

I see where you found that info. N a couple of posts later somebody said this:

"A little mathematical trickery later and we find that in order to emit just 16.5g of CO2 per mile the VFR would have to be doing just shy of 410 miles to the gallon!!!

The reality is that if bikes were taxed the same way as cars we'd all be paying vastly more - my RC8 does just under 30mpg, translate that into CO2 and it just tips me into Band K, so that'll be £475 for 12 months VED, that's more than the combined VED of both mine and my wife's cars!!!"

Edit: for reference, my vfr does around high 30's low 40's mpg on an average tank of mixed riding.

Bikes remaining on the cc tax system within the UK is a good thing.

AHAHAH as I am typing this Otaylor38 has just posted the link I was about too :P Right To Ride is a very good source btw they get some of there facts and statements from ME :D:o  

• Like 2

Bikes remaining on the cc tax system within the UK is a good thing.

AHAHAH as I am typing this Otaylor38 has just posted the link I was about too :P Right To Ride is a very good source btw they get some of there facts and statements from ME :D:o

It must be right then? ;):) haha.