Oil consumption rates

Just wondered what your vrs`s are using engine oil wise. I had an oil & filter change end of january & topped up myself with a 1litre bottle probably beginning of march. Just checked my oil & could do with another top up, I have no leaks but just wondered if this rate of oil usage is normal? Never had a car so thirsty before!

Dangerous really isn't it! It was by pure chance I thought I'd check & it is low. Deffo a lesson learnt today, will be keeping a much closer eye on this from now on.

im currently covering about 650 going from darlo to kent return and using between 100/200 ml of oil with fuel its expensive lol .thats not driving like a tit just a steady pace with cc

im currently covering about 650 going from darlo to kent return and using between 100/200 ml of oil with fuel its expensive lol .thats not driving like a tit just a steady pace with cc

I wonder why they are so oil hungry? Iv never had a turbo charged car before my vrs so if anyone could enlighten this please feel free to comment

Seems to be a common VAG charateristic on many owners' engines. Mine is much worse - 1 litre every 1100 - 1300 miles!

Blimey! So all you really need to do is change the filter at service time then. ;)

I wonder why they are so oil hungry? Iv never had a turbo charged car before my vrs so if anyone could enlighten this please feel free to comment

i dont know iv had a st and vxr and never had this before . when i asked former owner he aslo said it used a bit of oil and he just kept it topped up .

Iv got the tfsi engine on a 56 plate, not sure what the other guys have got but iv never had a car be this heavy before.

I'm wondering if the guys who aren't having the same issue as myself & a few others have got the new fl octy?

Would be interesting to see what years & engine type are affected by this oil issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

2007/56 plate vRS TFSI with 67k on the clock. Uses about 3 to 5 litres between 10k fixed services. I just buy a 5 litre bottle every year or so from TPS and check levels every 2 to 3 weeks or before a long journey.

I just got into the habit of a weekly check, it's on a variable interval as the oil gets changed so often. Now it is remapped, I'm going to change the filter more often!

Tim at Opie suggested switching from a 5W-30 to a SAE40 oil which might help reduce the amount it's burning, and help with the remap if it ever runs low (I had the low pressure light on once a few weeks back)

i had to top mind up last month for the first time in 8months

i know at work (audi) we quote 1litre of oil every 4-6k which appears to be the usual scoop, although we have folks who top up at least once every two months?! i usually have a look at mine every few weeks but unless the light actually comes on (the car then takes 1litre) i dont bother

I have owned my petrol VRS from new since last May (2011) and it uses barely any oil. I still have the original top up bottle and it is half full. I check it every week and always expect it to drop.

My employer (police) runs a large number of Octavia Vrs, all petrol and all use loads of oil. I think the issue is running in when new and I took my time about it.

Sadly my car leaves me for a new home this coming Friday. :sweat:

However I pick up another new one but this time the diesel as I now do 25k miles per year. It is not a company car and I will keep it until the wheels fall off.

I have owned my petrol VRS from new since last May (2011) and it uses barely any oil. I still have the original top up bottle and it is half full. I check it every week and always expect it to drop.

My employer (police) runs a large number of Octavia Vrs, all petrol and all use loads of oil. I think the issue is running in when new and I took my time about it.

Sadly my car leaves me for a new home this coming Friday. :sweat:

However I pick up another new one but this time the diesel as I now do 25k miles per year. It is not a company car and I will keep it until the wheels fall off.

Do they remap any of them??

07 TFSI with 58k

Mine uses about 1lr of oil between annual services.

It's driven for economy 90% of the time, no idea if that makes a difference.

When it was run in I followed a guide that said, warm engine, lots of throttle but lowish revs.

Allegedly seats the seals without causing wear.

Again no idea how much difference running in actually makes since they revs the tits off the engines in the factory.

Edited by Aspman

Are you all on longlife oil??

I changed once to fixed for the year using 5w40 Fuchs never drank a drop of oil, back to variable this year and its drinking like my old grandad at the weekend.

Anyway great engine just the rest of the bits around it are crap.

Vrs as a taxi!? You must be earning too much!

Thanks to Mr Cameron and the current climate Im on the bones me Mr Kuka lol so much so im applying for mechanic jobs again, taxi'ing has way passed its sell by date. Although the less profit I return through my expensive work tool means less cash for Mr Taxman.

It would be one way of saving taxpayers cash, instead of buying expensive Scoobys and Evos to chase the nasty guys.

It would, but would lose the 'pose value' too, especially down Southend on a Saturday night! ;) ;)

Regularly saw their Evo and Scooby parked on the edges of one of the roundabouts, drivers outside, lent against the bonnet.......high viz policing, granted, but just shouted "game on" to all the kiddie-racers.

I think anyone that got nicked by the police driving a Skoda would be too embarressed to brag about how far they got in their suped-up Saxo before they got nicked.;) ;)

Kent police do seem to have a love affair with Skoda though, both marked and un-marked. :) :)