Insuring With LiverpoolVictoria

Bearing in mind next Tuesday's Jabba slot, I have literally just obtained a quote from LiverpoolVictoria for my 4X4. The premium quoted for Class 1 use, 2 drivers, protected NCD,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that confirmation that I wasn't hearing things. The lady I spoke to was adamant that the premium would only change if there was a change in engine size. She specifically said that a modified exhaust, or a different turbo, would have no effect on premium, and did not want any details of the power increase a chip would give. I was likewise told to keep receipts.

You really are talking yourself out of excuses now, Denis ;)

It's amazing how easily-diesely flexible it feels now - changing up at exactly 3000rpm suits it if I'm not in the mood for dashing around, but still making 'respectable' progress.

i am insured with liverpool victoria they also dont increase your premium for alloy wheels and body kits ICE etc

being only 21 and having just passed my test the insurance on my fabia is only 800 fully comp with 200 excess for damage and 100 for theft no excess on glass or ICE

Originally posted by fabia in this post

i am insured with liverpool victoria they also dont increase your premium for alloy wheels and body kits ICE etc

being only 21 and having just passed my test the insurance on my fabia is only 800 fully comp with 200 excess for damage and 100 for theft no excess on glass or ICE

That is actually a really good quote. Direct Line do not insure anyone under 25 who has modified a car in anyway.

Do Liverpool Victoria have an On-Line Quote facility -- I am waiting response from my current insurers(Churchill) as to how much they are going to fleece me when mine is Jabba'd.

So would like to check quotes -- policy due for renewal in Sept anyway.

Anyone know if Liverpool & Victoria will cover you for track days as Barclays are I believe no longer going to offer them next year. I gather they are switching from their current underwriters to Norwich Union.

The thing I noticed about Liverpool Victoria quote website, is that part of the terms and conditions state that you can't have any performance enhancing modifications? How did they manage to state this and yet let you chaps go without charging extra? Will have to see what they say.

Damo

exactly !

Last year she applied to Sainsburys for insurance but was refused !

That is to say the system refused her even though the screen and operator could only see 6 points on her licence .

? where did this erroneous information come from for a new customer , who in the end did take up an insurance with them ?

I think Norwich Union are in trouble. As well as giving the highest quotes we have ever recieved for insurance, they recently layed off a few workers here in Glasgow and other parts of the UK I think some may also have been call centre workers. 900 jobs go

That explains why I have in the past normally talked to ladies with nice Scottish accents when I call NU Direct. Using overseas call centres is a sort of dumbing down process - a bit like pressing button 1 on the phone then 3 then 5 etc to try and get sense in the first place. Meanwhile I will have to call NU Direct again tomorrow to get an answer to my query. :(

Points are 6 for the first two years after your test or 12 after. If you get to 12 your banned unless you can prove emotional hardship (taxi driver where loss of job means no income) where the court could if it wishes impose a higher fine. However the emotional hardship thing is very hard to use. Most people get told you should have thought of that before you sped!

well, what one *could* do (not condoning anything here ;) ) is stop telling these insurers that you're getting such massive power gains.

say, for example, you disclose that you're getting a remap. how the heck will they know it's got 25% more power if you tell them it's, for example, a 10% increase?

risk involved in this of course but weighing it up even cautiously says to me that they're not going to be putting your car on a RR after a claim. the main thing in this particular piece of subterfuge is hat you are being 'honest' about the mod in the first place.

i know that many people have done this before........