New car bent already

The wife scraped the new Octy along a plastic bollard yesterday. Initially thought that it was just some plastic scrapes but on closer inspection, the sill is bent and the bottom of the front passenger door is kicked out a bit.

Sent some pics to a VAG approved body shop and they're quoting over £500 to sort it out. They'll pull the dent out of the sill and then sort the rest out. I want the VAG approval however so that the warranty is not affected.

Needless to say I am pig sick. The car is two and a half weeks old.

£500?? that's nothing, someone went into the back of my wife's Megane last week and caused what could only be described as minor damage barely noticeable and it's costing £1,000 to repair. Got two very similar quotes too. Someone else's insurance anyway so i don't really care.

The wife scraped the new Octy along a plastic bollard yesterday. Initially thought that it was just some plastic scrapes but on closer inspection, the sill is bent and the bottom of the front passenger door is kicked out a bit.

Sent some pics to a VAG approved body shop and they're quoting over £500 to sort it out. They'll pull the dent out of the sill and then sort the rest out. I want the VAG approval however so that the warranty is not affected.

Needless to say I am pig sick. The car is two and a half weeks old.

May that teach you one of the most fundamental lessons of life... Get her, her own car, if she prangs it, it's her insurance that gets done.

• Like 1

Hah! Join the club!

Double driveway:

My Polo, 1 week old, SWMBO opens the Passat, (Octy predecessor), door so as it just touches the Polo door, sits in the Passat, impales the open Passat door onto the Polo door, then hauls the door shut...

Result = dented Polo door at the exact point above the reinforcing bar, therefore unable to be put back into shape. 7 years on, still dented, and still not forgotten...grrrrrrrr....

My wife doesn't like driving my car, she thinks it's too fast!

My wife isn't allowed to drive my car

She got rid of a Rover 200 series once because 'it was too big'

See my new thread - 1.6 FSI.

That's the best way to keep the missus at bay. Buy her a cheaper version of the same car & don't worry about the damage!

Slightly unfair I know as she's a good driver, but I'm extremely anal about my vRS. My fault, but I do get very upset if there's the slightest damage!

Don't tell me you're another domestically challenged man, who would burn water! :giggle:

I know my way around the kitchen, I need to so I can get beer from the cold air machine (think she called it a 'fridge' or something) ;) :beer:

Bloke at work pointed out a dent in the sill (probably from a long flat B&Q trolley) 3 days after I took ownership of my brand new octy.

3 Days!

Can anyone beat that?!

He he... I love these threads as it shows that this is soo common - had a mate who bought a new Citroen AX many years ago - drove it off the forecourt to the petrol station next door to fill up and promptly got reversed into by a 7.5 tonner - pretty much wrote the car off within 5 minutes of collecting it!

Other ones for my wife - reversed out of a parking space and T-boned a parked Tigra across the road - reversed into a tree outside our house (we'd only lived there for 9 years and the tree had been there for about 80! - and the best one - put my MX5 onto a hedge in front of her mates in the pub after finding first instead of reverse!

Bet you can't beat this for time to write-off..

My father used to be a Citroen salesman back in the days of CX's etc. He was delivering a new car to a guy out in the country and was driving down Loch Ness-side when an oncoming car came round a corner on the wrong side (turned out to be a German vet who 'forgot' what side he should have been on). Since there's no where to go at the side of Loch Ness (cliffs or very deep loch) my father turned the wheel and took most of the impact on the side of the car. The car was still driveable and the nearest destination was the customer's house - so when he arrived he parked it with the good side facing the customer's house. Therefore the car was 'delivered' already written off.

(Obviously they just supplied another car!)

Mate at work bought a brand new BMW. His wife reversed it into the garage doors and smashed the back end in, " did you not hear the parking sensors beeping " Oh she said ' I wondered what that noise was"

There's probably a joke in there about smashing in back doors but I'm absolutely not going to go there..

;)

• Like 1

There's probably a joke in there about smashing in back doors but I'm absolutely not going to go there..

;)

I think you just did Rob!