I 'LV' my insurance renewal quotation!

I've just received the renewal notice for the Octavia from 'Liverpool-Victoria';

We'd had its predecessor; a '57' C-Max 1.8 (petrol) 'Style insured with them (June 2011 @ £322 F/C)

Then, when we traded it in (in March) for the Octavia, they wanted an additional £5.60 until the renewal was due

I opened the envelope with some trepidation expecting a large emptying of the pockets, with it being newer/higher value (& a far better vehicle!), but no!!!

They have quoted £293.36!!! :love:

I think we're happy with that, & would have trouble beating it

Okay, we might find better with some searching, but... there's 4 drivers on the policy; SWMBO, myself (registered keeper/policy holder) and the in-laws - in case they need the carry capacity at any time

Edited by Richard A Thackeray

I changed to L-V when I bought my vRs. I was originally with Tescos with my previous car.I have saved £200 insuring with L-V. Would recommend.

Edited by Tigger25
  • Like 1

Thought I'd give LV a go for a quote

£1,149 iike :-(

I been quoted £550 through AXA Which is the cheapest I can get (28, 3yrs NCD, 1 Accident 3yrs ago)

I had my renewal through £498 with Morethan. Went on Confused.com Morethan came out at £373. Phoned them up I had to CANCEL my renewal. So they could give me the Confused.com quote. How mad is that. :wonder:

Had very good quote from LV 3 years ago, (on a compare site) and good renewal the first time, but much higher the next time, so changed to E-Sure and am back pretty much to the original LV price, though I suspect LV is better company in things like no charge for day's cover on courtesy car during servicing.

I had my renewal through £498 with Morethan. Went on Confused.com Morethan came out at £373. Phoned them up I had to CANCEL my renewal. So they could give me the Confused.com quote. How mad is that. :wonder:

I've had that from Privilege, for my Octy.

In fact last year I did three new quotes back to back and the got cheaper each time so I took the 3rd one which was £100 less that the initial one.

I don't rate LV, they've tried to quote me exorbitant prices each time.

• Like 1

LV were MASSIVELY cheaper on my Subaru - i paid 440 quid fully comp, that's for a 300bhp, 32k car.. elsewhere I'd been quoted two or three times that cost.

Going to digress now, sorry

ah the big insurance lottery rip off

Yes, I was with 'L&V' (as they were then) back when I had my Discovery 50th Anniversary for a couple of years, as they were - very surprisingly - cheaper than NFU Mutual!!!

That said, when I px'd the Discovery for a 110Td5 CSW, the NFU was the only sensible broker.

It was odd, as no-one wanted to touch the 110, as it was an 11 seater :think:

I got some telling me it was a mini-bus; No it wasn't,as it also had inwards facing seats too (& no emergency exit)

Others said it was a crew-bus; No it wasn't, as it also had forwards facing seats

NFU were totallly happy to cover it, & the girls in the office even asked if it was 9, 10, 11, or 12 seats (product knowledge) No reading off the screen; "Is it a hatchback??", etc......

At the timeI was more than happy (no pun intended!!) with a F/C premium of about £195!!!, which when you consider that they could theoretically be paying out for 10 personal injury claims in my vehicle alone

It wasn't that long ago eitther, as I only sold the 110 in Feb 2010 (& I seem to recall that its insurance was renewed in the previous September??)

I've just tried to get a quote for a Ducati 1198 Panigale S,I got was £925 with a £1000 excess!

<drools copiously!!>, & is extremely jealous

LV suck! I did 1K worth of damage to my Polo hitting two huge potholes. I told LV about it but didn't claim from them, instead I did all the legwork chasing the Council's insurers (Gallagher Bassett), and (eventually) got the car repaired at no cost to LV, and the sods still humped my premium up big style.

Only went with them due to the CSMA discount. Wouldn't touch them again.

Love LV, or Frizzells as I know them thru the Civil Service Motoring Assoc, CSMA,

75% NCD. About £300 for the Fabia and Octavia TSI VRS and only couple quid to add young daughter to insurance.

Cheap deals on access to Fairford etc. Never seen a quote get close.

That said, when I px'd the Discovery for a 110Td5 CSW, the NFU was the only sensible broker.

I got some telling me it was a mini-bus; No it wasn't,as it also had inwards facing seats too (& no emergency exit)

Others said it was a crew-bus; No it wasn't, as it also had forwards facing seats

That is one of the strange annoying shady areas that I have to deal with in work. If the LandRover has more than 8 passenger seats (which can inc the gimp middle seat between 2 front seats and bench seats as they are all inc in the type approval) you need to have a flipping minibus license to drive the dam things :( (of course all old school pre 1997 license holders got D1 for nothing but only for personal private use) but all the poor sods after need to do another theory, hazard perception and practical driving test how mean! I would go nuts trying to explain that to someone in a call centre who wouldn't listen to reason as it doesn't pop up on their screen.

Similar issue when I added a Felicia Fun to my policy last year. Most insurers have an issue with it being a pickup, yet DVLA classify it as a car. Thankfully no problem to insure with Primo who covered it for the remaining 10 months of my policy for a gobsmacking £10! And that's not an admin fee.

Direct Line always give me stupid quotes - which means that every time I see their adverts I think, "yes, there IS a reason you don't appear on comparison websites...".

QuoteMeHappy looks like they will be getting my renewal this year - £500 for my vRS, 20k miles + business + protected NCD (mid 30s, no claims, no points, full NCD).

Edited by keith3289

Direct Line always give me stupid quotes - which means that every time I see their adverts I think, "yes, there IS a reason you don't appear on comparison websites...".

QuoteMeHappy looks like they will be getting my renewal this year - £500 for my vRS, 20k miles + business + protected NCD (mid 30s, no claims, no points, full NCD).

I switched from Admiral to quote me happy. £285 Fully comp/prot NCD (early 40's, 1 claim (insurance write off), no points, full NCD)

Such a lottery insurance is :wall: .

My vRS is costing me £500 a year (31, 11 years ncb), yet my 400bhp Evo with mods declared is only £340 a year.

Where is the logic :@

LV suck! I did 1K worth of damage to my Polo hitting two huge potholes. I told LV about it but didn't claim from them, instead I did all the legwork chasing the Council's insurers (Gallagher Bassett), and (eventually) got the car repaired at no cost to LV, and the sods still humped my premium up big style.

Only went with them due to the CSMA discount. Wouldn't touch them again.

Any insurance company would do the same. The fact it was not your fault doesn't change the fact you were involved in an accident.

Over a eyar ago I had an "incident" with a white van. Neither of us claimed for the incident, there was never any fault found as neither claimed. The total payout by both insurance companies was £0. However my premium was loaded by £200 and every single quote I got (with the exception of Aviva) also added approx. £150 - £200 to my previous years premium because of the non-fault, non-claim at £0.

It's all about statistics. Even non-fault accidents and "report only" incidents will load your premium.

I've NEVER had a competitive quote from Direct Line, Rias, the AA, or Saga. I'm 67, NCB of about 30 years, me driving only, no points etc etc. I only get good quotes off compare sites. And even then I do three or four such sites.

Going to digress now, sorry

Yes, I was with 'L&V' (as they were then) back when I had my Discovery 50th Anniversary for a couple of years, as they were - very surprisingly - cheaper than NFU Mutual!!!

NFU were totallly happy to cover it, & the girls in the office even asked if it was 9, 10, 11, or 12 seats (product knowledge) No reading off the screen; "Is it a hatchback??", etc......

At the timeI was more than happy (no pun intended!!) with a F/C premium of about £195!!!, which when you consider that they could theoretically be paying out for 10 personal injury claims in my vehicle alone

It wasn't that long ago eitther, as I only sold the 110 in Feb 2010 (& I seem to recall that its insurance was renewed in the previous September??)

<drools copiously!!>, & is extremely jealous

Idea for the Ducati dropped when I worked out the total cost of bike, security & insurance came in at £24½k. :(

Be carefull with More Than and Quidco, checked insurance through Quidco and direct. The quidco one came out much more expensive, as much in fact as the cash back that was quoted to get back. :think:

Also, been in dispute with MoreThan through Quidco for £70 they owe me for house ins.

My son has been on our insurance for several years, but he wrote his own car off just before our insurance was due for renewal.

The renewal quote arrived quoting £235. I rang LV to renew and to remove my son from the policy, knowing that his 'bump' would push up my premium. I was told that the new quote would be £243 and when I asked why when I had one less driver, they said that they liked to have other occasional drivers with safe driving history on the policy and that helps to decrease the risk. However, when they took his write off into consideration, it increased the premium by £50.

The insurance business lives in a strange world!!

Mac