Skoda Rapid

Undecided, would like to see it in the flesh, as usually anything that looks good in pics looks not good in reality, & vice versa.

Nice to see a likely vRS :rofl:

It the unveiled version looks anything like the Mission L, I seriously need to reconsider buying a Passat. Because that car is absolutely stunning.

It will look the same, apart from details like door handles and a conventional interior.

Not keen on it or the bigger replacement Cctavia, looks like a marque change is on the cards next year, shame because I've enjoyed Skoda ownership.

Have any of you actually read the article!?

This mule is very heavily disguised. Look how the bonnet / wing shutline goes through the headlight - it's a sticker.

Same on the rear light clusters.

Look at the fake door shutlines.

The UK car will be a hatchback, not a saloon, the saloon will be for mainland Europe.

The final car will look much more like the Mission L.

Looks like Skoda's diversionary tactics worked!

• Like 3

Have any of you actually read the article!?

This mule is very heavily disguised. Look how the bonnet / wing shutline goes through the headlight - it's a sticker.

Same on the rear light clusters.

Look at the fake door shutlines.

The UK car will be a hatchback, not a saloon, the saloon will be for mainland Europe.

The final car will look much more like the Mission L.

Looks like Skoda's diversionary tactics worked!

Bit of a strong assumpton.....I have read this article and others, and made an informed choice, I can see through the disguises and it is bland, fat round the middle. and undertyred. Not for me.

Passed a transporter today with a mix of VAG stuff today and one car caught my eye on the M6.

It was fully covered, and I mean FULLY covered tightly packed on the top deck, but appeared to have pressed plates showing through the cover.

Could it be heading for a dealer roadshow like the did with the Yeti?

Passed a transporter today with a mix of VAG stuff today and one car caught my eye on the M6.

It was fully covered, and I mean FULLY covered tightly packed on the top deck, but appeared to have pressed plates showing through the cover.

Could it be heading for a dealer roadshow like the did with the Yeti?

They never transport them "publicly". Its always an unmarked and closed lorry.

EDIT: My mate used to work at Stockholmsmässan in Älvsjö where Stockholm Car Show used to be. Never saw a marked transport. Very hush hush.

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 1