New Badges fitted with pictures

10 hours ago, snatcho88 said:

I have ordered the front and rear badges with the same part number as these, from my local skoda dealership, yet the rear badge is 90mm when the size should be 80mm... also ordered a badge that was mentioned at the start of this thread for the rear and it was also the wrong size. So now have 2 non returnable badges and still no badge on the rear :blink:

5J0 853 621 A AUL is the rear I used and is the correct size to inside the recess.

If instead you bought 5J0 853 621 AUL (note the missing A) then I believe that is a 90mm badge so won't fit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, langers2k said:
24 minutes ago, Dave3283 said:

@snatcho88Those part numbers supply 1 x 90mm and 1 x 80mm, 1ST 853 601 AAUL is the 90mm and the one I have on the front, it is from a Citigo and requires the plastic plugs on the back snapping off to fit properly.

5J0 853 621 AAUL is the 80mm from a new fabia which I have fitted to the back, take a look at my build thread to see the badges fitted.

Have you checked that the badge you fitted to the front is not an 80mm?

Also remember that these badges were never supposed to fit a MK2 Octavia FL or Pre FL so are not an exact fit, however those part numbers gave the closest fit on my car.

I haven't fitted the front yet as I am taking the grill surround off today to get it colour coded but the badge I have looks like it will fit the front ok, and the same part number as you have quoted ;)

21 minutes ago, langers2k said:

5J0 853 621 A AUL is the rear I used and is the correct size to inside the recess.

If instead you bought 5J0 853 621 AUL (note the missing A) then I believe that is a 90mm badge so won't fit.

I actually realised this this morning so phoned skoda and they have ordered me the correct part, I definitely did ask for the correct part to begin with (AA) but never noticed the missing A at the time.

My apologies :blush

Edited by snatcho88
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/5/2012 at 13:44, blueR36 said:

Well I have been the guinea pig The Badges for the front are convex 2012-05-23094502.jpg

2012-05-23094517.jpg

EDIT, As I was the 1st person in the uk to order and fit these it was trial and error and as later models came out that would fit better 

M2 estate and hatch and FL FITS all models 
1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front)
5J0 853 621 A AUL - Rear (New Fabia Rear)
5JA 601 151 FOD - Wheels (Mk3 Octavia centre caps)

2012-05-23095237.jpg

The space without the badge, not scratched just masking residue, you need to tape holes, the new badges have pins in different places, ( 3) which you snap off
2012-05-23100936.jpg

Fitted
2012-05-23103401.jpg

2012-05-23103408.jpg
2012-05-09124147.jpg

wheel centers
2012-05-09123052.jpg

Hi there, does these order numbers apply to the skoda superb elegance 2012, regards mick , by the way fantastic conversion 

2 minutes ago, Djskutz said:

Hi there, does these order numbers apply to the skoda superb elegance 2012, regards mick , by the way fantastic conversion 

Should be. Just to confirm, these are what I fitted to my MY12 Elegance which look to match the part numbers above:

1x 1ST 853 601A AUL
1x 5J0 853 621 A AUL
4x 5JA 601 151 FOD

18 minutes ago, Djskutz said:

have you any pictures?

I haven't I'm afraid, didn't seem worth adding any as there were plenty in the thread already.

If you want some close up shots, these two posts by @mbirkely are pretty good:

13 minutes ago, Djskutz said:

IVE just measured the badge on my skoda superb front and rear and it's 10cm, are these def on a superb or Octavia 

Didn't notice you had a Superb. Try using 1ST 853 630 A AUL on both front and back.

Related post:

Should end up looking like this, part numbers are confirmed later in the same thread:

• 4 months later...
On 28/05/2013 at 06:59, king@rthur said:

Now... had anyone managed to replace the badge on the steering wheel?

Yes :biggrin:

To those saying DON'T DO IT:  generally sound advice if you don't DO IT PROPERLY.  However, I have done this as properly as possible: strapping, wire tying and gluing from the inside of the airbag cover.  I believe it's as secure as the original badge and personally I think a relatively hard-edged sticker is more likely to form a hazardous projectile towards your face.

Sadly, as this looks really good in my opinion, I have now fitted a mk3 multifunction steering wheel...

IMAG1081.jpg

• Like 1

That looks awesome, mrhappy!

An alternative to those ****ty flat stickers if people don't want to risk breaking their steering wheel is this concave thick sticker:

Can be found on ebay as a wheel hub cover.

It's of course bigger than the original badge but it fits perfectly over the black edge of the badge.

IMG_20170829_194637.jpg

1 minute ago, Inex said:

Personally, I bougt it from a guy on the fb group. However, these seem to be the ones. It's 56.5 mm in diameter.

Was that Adam?  I've been trying to get hold of him this week with no success as yet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I've ordered some new badges for my FL mk2. I ordered part numbers  1ST853601AAUL for the front and 5J0853621A for the rear.

I'm just wondering what glue people have used to attach? would something like Araldite do? http://www.screwfix.com/p/araldite-2-part-epoxy-adhesive-syringe-opaque-24ml/3870h

Many thanks

Marc

12 minutes ago, langers2k said:

They should have sticky pads already attached ;)

Thanks for the reply. The front badge i got is new, so will use the sticky pad attached. The rear is 2nd hand, taken off anther car but in great condition, so will need some sticky stuff adding.

I'd recommend some 3M VHB tape or similar double sided sticky foam tape.

I wouldn't use an adhesive certainly not Araldite as it probably won't do the paint any favours. Secondly, the bond will be too rigid and brittle and may fail over time. 

• 9 months later...

I'm looking to replace my rear mk 2 badge, and have been reading through the thread, however many of the links are dead.

I saw that an updated version of the emblem from a fabia is a direct fit, but due the the age of the post I don't know if that's a mk 2 or 3 Fabia ?

This is what I want,  can anyone please help?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/FABIA-III/Fabia-III-original-Skoda-emblem-INT-version-REAR

1 hour ago, Damnmister said:

I'm looking to replace my rear mk 2 badge, and have been reading through the thread, however many of the links are dead.

Part number is in the first post, you want 5J0 853 621 A AUL for the rear :)

Make sure you match the part number as there is a similar version with one A rather than two A's which is a different size.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, langers2k said:

Part number is in the first post, you want 5J0 853 621 A AUL for the rear :)

Make sure you match the part number as there is a similar version with one A rather than two A's which is a different size.

Thanks langers2k, it seems the colour coded painted ones I saw on superskoda will not fit then :(

18 hours ago, langers2k said:

• 3 weeks later...

o3-znk-int-f5w.jpg 

This is what I want for my Octavia 2 FL, front and back. 

Before I purchase the all black ones from superskoda and attempt to cover / paint does anyone have any better suggestions or tips?

On 15/07/2018 at 12:42, Damnmister said:

o3-znk-int-f5w.jpg 

This is what I want for my Octavia 2 FL, front and back. 

Before I purchase the all black ones from superskoda and attempt to cover / paint does anyone have any better suggestions or tips?

On 28/06/2018 at 21:29, ibuprofenn said:

How do you like that guys? :)

IMG_20180628_212302.jpg

IMG_20180628_212414.jpg

Did you paint the grill yourself? Very tidy, I've a white fl mk2 and am considering changing the front chrome grill, this does look smart. I'll have to have a butchers on superskoda, did you also get the lower honeycomb part from there? Mine needs replacing at some point.