Watches

stever750

Think its time i thinned out my collection!!...might get rid of the two old school Sector chrono's and the Bell & Ross, just never wear them since i discovered the Fortis Cosmonaut chrono :)

Kit :)

That is a really fine piece of Kit :giggle: you have got there.

Have mine for over 8 years now, and it is still looking like new.

That is a really fine piece of Kit :giggle: you have got there.

Have mine for over 8 years now, and it is still looking like new.

Saw what you did there :) Thats only a fraction of what i have, but at the mo thats all im willing to part with...the fortis just fits too well and its hard to go back to a normal sized watch when you have been used a 46mm face....

Do you have a Fortis? Have you had the upgrade done to the crown? They found a fault in the metal used for the screw down so when they go in for a service its changed to a push/pull crown.

• Like 1

Anyone know of any good reliable replica websites? There's quite a few but wondering if anyone has any first hand experience of any?

I presume you mean 'homage' as opposed to replica which IMHO (and that of many others) means copy or fake?

Try looking up Parnis (cheap Chinese homage to many brands) or, for a UK Company RTL Watches http://www.rl****ches.co.uk/opencart/

Guy

Do you have a Fortis? Have you had the upgrade done to the crown? They found a fault in the metal used for the screw down so when they go in for a service its changed to a push/pull crown.

Hi Kit

look at page 7 #184 :happy:

Already had the upgrade. As you already wrote, the part that held the crown broke and the crown didnt want to stay in its place.

My other favorite watch is my Carrera Calibre 16. Always hard to chose.

But the Fortis is so much better built. The TH is more a delicate fancy fashion watch, the fortis a strong and stable daily user.

Hi Magic,

Sorry had seen that pic of yours but i forgot!! You dont see many folk wearing a Fortis at all....nice and exclusive :) I was non too chuffed when mine came back from being serivcied and they had changed to a pull crown!!!...I thought they made a mistake until they told me of the fault!!!

Im still fancying a Sinn, a Ball or a Limes!!! :) If only money was no object!!! ;)

• Like 1

Have loved reading this thread. Some really good looking watches out there.

Here is my small collection:

IMG_1557_zps815fe90c.jpg

whats the submariner style watch?

Maurice Lacroix, click on the pic and enlarge it. (gets very huge and readable)

@Kit

I wasnt happy either wenn the crown just popped out. Then heard of the change because of too weak material.

Still love this watch, was my first Swiss made automatic and then the only watch I liked at first sight.

That is also the reason I bought the Tag Heuer.

Fortunately for me, there arent many watches I really like. Apart from the above mentioned two.

Still have some older watches, but I dont wear these anymore. Still keep them though, such as the first Titanium Seiko SQ100.

The TH and Fortis are my daily watches. Change them now and then, dont like to have watches I dont wear :giggle:

• 3 months later...

Sadly, I know nothing about watches, I have had a Quiksilver divers watch for 15ish years, It weighs a ton and, excepting the strap, I have not managed to break it, so it stays. But, my youngest son has just, yesterday, launched a watch company and I'm so proud I even bought one. I dare not link it in case it is classed as selling, but from an 18 month old baby who died twice in my arms 30yrs ago, to his M.Des. in Automotive Design, this shows persistence and hard work pay off. (Hopefully).

Edited by damo :-)
Unapproved link

My eldest daughter bought me a Timex about 6 years a go for Christmas, I didn't want anything posh, just something to tell the time and could be used in manual work, during the time I have abused it it has had 2 new straps but never needed a new battery, (sods law will now take over and it will fail )

the glass is so scratched I have to tilt it to see under the marks

That's a nice Seiko! I've always liked them, my daily watch was a Seiko 5 automatic, nothing fancy but it did the job. Over time though, the crystal lost its seal so it was no good to wear in the shower, and the strap snapped as well. Got a gorgeous automatic Skeleton Rotary a couple of years ago as a gift, but as nice as it is I've never really been able to wear it as the leather strap reacts with my skin, and I've had a nightmare finding someone who can redrill and strap it.

So back to square one, I've just bought myself an automatic (see a pattern here? :p ) Seiko 5 21 jewel with a blue face and a skeleton rear. Not too fancy but nice enough :)

Sadly, I know nothing about watches, I have had a Quiksilver divers watch for 15ish years, It weighs a ton and, excepting the strap, I have not managed to break it, so it stays. But, my youngest son has just, yesterday, launched a watch company and I'm so proud I even bought one. I dare not link it in case it is classed as selling, but from an 18 month old baby who died twice in my arms 30yrs ago, to his M.Des. in Automotive Design, this shows persistence and hard work pay off. (Hopefully).

PM me the link to his company. I'd like a look out of curiosity :)