Placed an order for the Citigo

greenstripe

Until he goes to work ON it :happy:

I seem to have picked up a bit of a reputation. But this is for work.

Free congestion charge for the office staff runaround. :)

Still haven't seen a green one yet, which dealership was this Coops?

Rainworth Skoda near Mansfield have a green one in as a demo car. That was two weeks ago.

Mick

Edited by MickA

There is also a green one in my local dealer, Palmers Watford.

I really like the green but my daughter doesn't so, as it's her car, white it is.

Talking of discounts,i guess the car is too new as yet,however the internet dealers are knocking £500 off. I have never bought a car without a discount,and seeing as Skoda have the VAT free offer many times a year on the other models,(20% off) it makes it even harder to accept. I have seen Seat dealers advertising the mii for instant delivery from stock,so perhaps they are giving discounts.

I have a Smart Diesel at the moment which is only 3 years old and i love it,so i will probably wait till next year to get a Citygo. Not sure if automatics are available now,but i would certainly want the Elegance 75 automatic in Red, with the spare wheel,privacy glass,and extended warranty.

Another pet hate of mine is.......years ago all cars came with a spare wheel and a temp guage. Now nearly all makes of cars do not have a temp guage,but a big fuel guage instead taking the space where the temp guage should be.Even worse they take out the spare wheel and then charge us £50 to put it back!! What a cheek!!

But how many times have you actually used the spare wheel in the boot?

Tempting fate, I know, but the spare in our fabia has been in there for the last 6 years and only used twice!

I wonder how much fuel we would have saved if it wasn't?

That's what it's all about... Saving the environment, apparently ;)

But how many times have you actually used the spare wheel in the boot?

Tempting fate, I know, but the spare in our fabia has been in there for the last 6 years and only used twice!

I wonder how much fuel we would have saved if it wasn't?

That's what it's all about... Saving the environment, apparently ;)

I think it is more about the car firms saving money by not fitting a spare and then making more money by charging us to fit one. My Smart did not come with a spare,because they say there is nowhere to fit it. I bought a spare from a Smart owner who had upgraded his wheels and store it behind the passenger seat. It does restrict legroom,but i hardly ever take passengers,and if i do i make sure they have little legs lol.

Well really its about weight, making the 'kerb weigh' as low as possible

& emissions & making cars appear to be economical with good fuel economy.

Many many people have driven for decades or at least a driving career and never had a puncture and would never consider changing the wheel/tyre them self if they did.

If you have a City Car/commuter only used in your home town you can probably remove your spare wheel and leave at home & if you needed it, get a taxi home if you needed to collect it.

20 years fuel saving without carrying that 20 kg might add up to £18 for the taxi fare.

Do not buy the spare and jack & save £95,

then if you needed it, go to the Dealership & buy it, or waive down a similar car and buy the spare wheel off that owner.

I am not being totally serious, BUT.

Spare wheel swapping stickers might be an idea.

Just like 'First Aid Kit' on board.

'Buy my spare wheel stickers' or a Board to Display like at Car Rallies, which says 'OK',

one to hold up saying,

'CAN I BUY YOUR SPARE WHEEL & WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIT IT?'

Pay the person with a car the same as yours that carries that weight and investment around a 25% premium over the price of replacing the wheel, & everyone can be happy.

(Except the Car Manufacturers & Dealerships, but who cares about them!)

george

PS, Maybe a Phone Ap for 'Citigo-Mii-Up!' Owners, & also other car makes.

'Where is that spare wheel help?' People can register and it will show like where the nearest Subway is.

Just not on the 02 network or Blackberry's

Edited by sk4gw

Looks nice. Would like to see some better pictures when you get it.

I really thought about the Skoda advert green, but decided on red because I was not sure about it.

Good job!

So it took less than eight weeks for a 5 door.

Hope ours is quicker than suggested, mid Sept for us. We ordered our 5 door near the end June, but silver leaf paint.

Mick

Edited by MickA

I'd say the colour was fairly accurate given the very difficult lighting conditions and the fact that I was taking pictures through the fence. It's not a bad colour at all, a little subdued and nowhere near the TV advert colours and not VW Viper Green as seen on the Sirocco. I think the Citigo could really do with some more vibrant colour options.

The main thing is that she's happy with it.

Hopefully will get better pictures tomorrow -I'm around the dealership in the afternoon anyway as my Fabia is in for it's 20K service. There's a good chance she might have to rush off in it straight from the dealership as she has to go somewhere for the evening.

They're decent pics, Greenstipe. Things always look best when captured early morning or late evening.

I'm completely sold on the metallic green and how it catches the light. The tinted glass really seems to go well with it. I hope your misses loves it.

Hope ours is quicker than suggested, mid Sept for us. We ordered our 5 door near the end June, but silver leaf paint.

Snap, we ordered a Spring Green 5dr Citigo on June 30th and the dealer has since told me to expect it "middle of the 3rd week in September".

Well I've seen it and sat in it but not yet driven it, as she had to go straight off out in it, unfortunately no chance to take photos -she probably won't be back until after dark tonight.

I have decided to order the boot liner -it's not as durable as the rubber one in my Fabia, but I think that it will do the job,

I had a chat with Oliver Horton about the key situation and he said that I should write him an email expressing my dissatisfaction about only getting one remote key, so that he has something in writing in order to forward on to Skoda UK, he mentioned that they had priced one for another customer at £120ish, not as bad as I was expecting, but I'm going to push for this as I think it's a mickey take on a car specced up to midrange Fabia price.

Went for a spin -all as it should be. Too dark for pictures.

The doors are quite a curious arrangement -the glass in the rear door is larger than the metal part and the shiny B-pillar which you'd think was part of the front door is part of the car so there is an odd 'step' to edge of the door when it's opened.

Might get some pictures before she goes to work in the morning -otherwise it's going to have to wait as I'll be away working

Here's some pictures taken this morning -dew still on the car and covered in bugs from last night. Unfortunately my camera is failing to capture the vibrancy of the colour -it does 'pop' under the right lighting conditions.

P1060204.jpg

P1060193.jpg

P1060186.jpg

The doors as mentioned in my earlier post:

P1060177.jpg

P1060176.jpg

P1060175.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good. :)

Still wondering if I should have gone for the green, for a personal car I'd have been tempted.

But the red is more sensible for work and made the car a bit cheaper.

Looking good. :)

Still wondering if I should have gone for the green, for a personal car I'd have been tempted.

But the red is more sensible for work and made the car a bit cheaper.

Well you seem to know a couple of people who can change that for you :rofl: