Launch control dsg diesel

When the engine is warm:

1. Left foot on brake

2. Disengage traction control

3. Select Sport mode

4. Press throttle fully down (bury it in the floor and the engine will only rev to approx 2500 rpm)

5. Slip left foot from brake and voila!!!!

• Like 1

Yes it does, as above.

That 0-60 time of 6.98 secs in your sig, was that timed? is your car mapped? just wondering as I'm sure the quoted time isn't that quick?

did you use launch control and how does it fair up in the wet?

Ta

That 0-60 time of 6.98 secs in your sig, was that timed? is your car mapped? just wondering as I'm sure the quoted time isn't that quick?

did you use launch control and how does it fair up in the wet?

Ta

Yep it was timed at GTI International last year on the qtr mile strip. Car is totally standard and LC was used. I can only assume that the standard time of 8.4sec is without using LC as if you are doing a standing start with DSG it will take a while or 2 to spool up the turbo etc.

No-one believes my time but i did 2 runs and they were in .1 secs of each other. It also isn't the best surface being concrete and there was also a headwind.

Does the Fabia MK II Vrs have launch control,

1. Left foot on brake

3. Select Sport mode

4. Press throttle fully down (bury it in the floor and the engine will only rev to approx 2500 rpm)

Same sequence

Does the Fabia MK II Vrs have launch control,

1. Left foot on brake

3. Select Sport mode

Same sequence

Has it been confirmed it has it on the Fab? There were reports that the above didn't work?

Hmmm, anyone know if the same applies to the,118tsi, with dsg?

Whats a 118tsi? Presume you mean 1.8? With a 7speed? If so then no it wont work.

yep, thats what I meant.....and damn, thats a shame

You can of course give it a try but reports on here suggest it doesn't work...but people could be doing it wrong, you never know.

Yep it was timed at GTI International last year on the qtr mile strip. Car is totally standard and LC was used. I can only assume that the standard time of 8.4sec is without using LC as if you are doing a standing start with DSG it will take a while or 2 to spool up the turbo etc.

No-one believes my time but i did 2 runs and they were in .1 secs of each other. It also isn't the best surface being concrete and there was also a headwind.

Thats pretty dam good! I can't wait for mine, unfortunately its the 1st september!!!!! Its only 12 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes........................ :-)

Ps. I have a countdown app on my iPhone, I'm not that sad to work it out :-D

When the engine is warm:

1. Left foot on brake

3. Select Sport mode

Edited by Gavinearl

No more damage than doing this in a manual.....I wouldn't do it all the time though. I have used it probably 5-7 times in total in 2 and a bit years.

Well I'll be bu**ered. My bad - humble apologies. It just seems so unlikely.... :doh:

It is little known and people never believe me until they witness it....just like certain people on here and my 0-60 time 'cos its a diesel, its slow'

Any mods to your car?thinking about shark remap + filter and exhaust to mine

Mine? None on mine...Insurance wont allow it and my insurance are cheapest by about £200.... Would like some coilovers

i've always been tempted to try out the launch control on mine, but the thought of the utter mayhem & screaming when it takes off makes me think twice!

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe u can use either "D" or "S" during launch control?