Waiting List

vegit8

The Eagle has Landed!

Our 2nd Yeti has arrived, 110 4x4 SE Steel Grey, 16" Alloys! more or less 6 months to the day from ordered, lead times are still silly, even Citigo is 4 months! apparently larger ships are going to be used for both VW and SkodaM, although I think the main issue is at the factory end.

The 16" rims are a definate improvement on the old 17`s yes, you can still feel the bumps but the ride is much improved, looks better in my opinion too!

• Like 1

...Our 2nd Yeti has arrived, 110 4x4 SE Steel Grey, 16" Alloys! ...

Congratulations and welcome to the actual UKSpecial16"BuildClub!

...The 16" rims are a definate improvement on the old 17`s yes, you can still feel the bumps but the ride is much improved, looks better in my opinion too!

I'm glad you added the 'in my opinion' - keeps us out of trouble with our peers!! In my opinion, and in my circumstances, the 16" wheels do the job required.

Mine has arrived at last (today)! I think I hold the record for the longest wait : 15 months + (6 May 2011). It came from Simpsons of Preston - which is owned by Skoda uk (not Mr Simpson!). It arrived on the back of a low loader with only 5 miles on the clock , which was nice. One slight problem - no fuel!! the tank read abolutely MT and the deplay said range zero! Nice one! I have put a few litres out of my tractor (thankfully not red diesel) to get me to our nearest filling station in Llanidloes (Graham's home town). Tomorrow Paintseal direct are coming to apply their paint protection. They also do 3G glasscoat; but that costs another £100! My 7 seven year old Samsung mobile connected straight away to "Skoda BT" via bluetooth and recognised my phone. I made a call to my daughter which worked! - I don't normally have a signal strong enough at home , except for text. I have not discovered whether I can upload my phone book yet... The RRP looks really good, the underneath is really flat and black! I will try and take some pictures soon. The only dealer option I had were the wheel arch extensions (as per Urban). I think they suit the high wheel arches (similar to the Tiguan). I still have not driven it yet! Peter

Hi Graham,

Will be in tomorrow to goto the dentist, but have to go to Newtown straight afterwards - to pay the cheque in, I have not paid for the YETI yet!! Will be in Llani' as usual on Saturday. Peter

At work tomorrow and Wednesday, Bristol on Friday and on Saturday I'm going to this:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248011-mid-wales-meet-saturday-22nd-september-elan-valley/

(if it runs)

I just ordered a CR170 in Rosso - the dealer had to check but told me that a previous restriction on that colour had now ended so all was hunky-dory.

That was on the 24th of August - just heard yesterday that delivery to the dealer is expected for early December. 2012.

On the upside, what waiting list? ;)

On the downside I'd much rather wait until end of March 2013...

I'm new to the forum and have posted elsewhere on this but I ordered in June 2011 and picked up the Yeti (for my Mother) last week.

To be fair I wasn't in a rush and ordered through a finance company which came up on autoebid with the best price (Cars and Finance) with well over £4k off list price with options.

I wasn't expecting to be top of their list!

Also, I had diesel, DSG and the roof - all of which I gather can cause delays.

It's here (came through a garage called Jewsons in Newbury) and delighted with it.

My first post on this wonderful forum. The story of my car from order to collection.

Yeti SE plus, 1.4, manual, 2wd, Corrida Red, ESP, spare wheel.

Friday 20/07/12 (wk29) Ordered. 12 to 16 weeks predicted

Tuesday 24/07/12 (wk30) Provisional build week 36

Friday 31/08/12 (wk35) Confirmed build week 36

Friday 07/09/12 (wk36) Built

Saturday 15/09/12 (wk37) On boat

Monday 17/09/12 (wk38) In UK

Tuesday 18/09/12 (wk38) At dealer

Friday 21/09/12 (wk 38) Collected

My first post on this wonderful forum. The story of my car from order to collection.

Yeti SE plus, 1.4, manual, 2wd, Corrida Red, ESP, spare wheel.

Friday 20/07/12 (wk29) Ordered. 12 to 16 weeks predicted

Tuesday 24/07/12 (wk30) Provisional build week 36

Friday 31/08/12 (wk35) Confirmed build week 36

Friday 07/09/12 (wk36) Built

Saturday 15/09/12 (wk37) On boat

Monday 17/09/12 (wk38) In UK

Tuesday 18/09/12 (wk38) At dealer

Friday 21/09/12 (wk 38) Collected

Hi Mozart, I'll add your details to the sheet tomorrow.

That seems a very quick build to delivery time, that's excellent!

Our car gets built next week, and we are aiming for 5 weeks to delivery.

Which suits us as its half term week....

Darren_C car now delivered only 91 days for a 170 Elegance manual - his dealer told him "he would be lucky to see it this year", when he placed the order.

• Like 1

Sale guy at our local dealers suggested the other day (car in for service) that European Yeti orders are starting to slow compared to UK, hence ours are now coming through ahead of prediction; how true :wonder:

Oh also suggested Superb orders have taken a nose dive, which again if true frees up things at the factory.

TP

I have just purchased a cancelled order originally made on Feb 26 2012. After a bit of probing and using my knowledge from this site it was ordered via a certain defunct internet broker in Chesterfield. Those that know will soon work this out. For others.... please do a bit of searching.

So I guess my car has taken about 7 months. SE plus, 140, DSG. standard apart from spare wheel..

@TP yes that's what I was thinking, interesting that the new car market in the UK seems so buoyant, despite all the doom and gloom. Perhaps people are investing in new cars for a long term, as there is no advantage to having money saved away.

My sheet certainly shows a shortening of lead times for cars ordered in the second quarter of this year, whereas mine is bang on the expected delivery date. My dealer gave me a build week of 38 almost on the day that I placed the order, perhaps he just had a good guess!

I think citigo's are taking over as the car to have lengthening lead times, and as they are very desirable I can see these getting longer and longer as the months go by.

I think citigo's are taking over as the car to have lengthening lead times, and as they are very desirable I can see these getting longer and longer as the months go by.

Would likewise agree, plus the VW factory building them has Up and Mii orders to fulfil as well (saw my first Mii on the road yesterday; plenty of Up's about).

Thinking of changing our current Fabia but although the C'go is ideal size wise, where thinking of sticking with the Fabia II, as we (both) prefer the design of the old furb'y, despite a potential new model on the horizon (strong possibility this may balloon on the current compact but practical size). Plus in may ways it's better equipped bar ESP.

TP