SPEAKING POLISH

Mozza8

As my Yeti (Brunello) is 6 months and 2k miles old I now need to think about a good deep- shine polish.

Any recommendations please....

Thanks in advance...........

Thought we were talking eastern European languages there ;)

Can't help with polishing cars - I first did my back in bending and twisting doing that so on principle I stay well clear.

But just wanted to say how we honeymooned in Montalcino in Tuscany - where the premier rossi was the Brunello di Montalcino.

So I like it that it's a colour option on the Yeti :thumbup:

Carry on.

Get some of the following products:

Bilt Hamber medium clay bar

Bilt Hamber cleaner polish

Bilt Hamber Hydra Wax

It will look fantastic !!

Ring here to order direct from BH:

01277 658899

The Bilt Hamber site is down at the moment..You can buy from here too:

http://www.theultima...ilt-hamber.aspx

My God this looks really serious stuff........many thanks

I use a waterless product called Showroom Shine, gets AWESOME results also :yes:

Linky

The title of this thread reminded me of an episode of One Foot in The Grave, when Victor wend shopping for margaret and she had polish & sherry on her list and he hunted high and low for a bottle of Polish sherry, and after Margaret tastes some she said "Polish sherry, AAAAAAARGH, they can keep it" :D

• Like 1

I use a waterless product called Showroom Shine, gets AWESOME results also :yes:

I would NEVER use such a product on my car..Youre asking for trouble..

All youre doing is spreading dirt around on the paintwork inflicting micro scratches

Leave well alone if you care for your car

I would NEVER use such a product on my car..Youre asking for trouble..

All youre doing is spreading dirt around on the paintwork inflicting micro scratches

Leave well alone if you care for your car

Incorrect assumption. Showroom Shine does not scratch your car, it encapsulates the dirt in a silicon shell and lifts it away from the bodywork.

I always work on the principle if they have to sell it on shopping channels it must be 'krap'.

If you swirl dirt/grit around the bodywork applying pressure 'lifting grit by encapsulating in silicon' or not it will cause scratches!!!

Notice they always use a shade of paint that would not show up scratches on tv. Same applies to those clear coat scratch covering pens...appears to be a brilliant smooth invisible finish when reality is an ugly uneven smudge a bit like loading a touch up brush with paint and brushing it on with one stroke.

I have on occasion enjoyed really careful and thorough cleaning/polishing my cars and still sometimes do. My current habit is to do the job well a couple of times a year-once in the autumn and again in spring weather permitting, so not yet this year. In between I have the £5 wash and dry by diligent eastern Europeans.

My Yeti looks pretty good and sheds dirt easily which I attribute to the lasting effect of Collinite, very easy to use and effective wax.

Incorrect assumption. Showroom Shine does not scratch your car, it encapsulates the dirt in a silicon shell and lifts it away from the bodywork.

Is that what they told you?

Sorry but thats not correct..Ask any Pro Detailer who has to correct the damage

However..Its your car...Go for it!!

Is that what they told you?

Sorry but thats not correct..Ask any Pro Detailer who has to correct the damage

However..Its your car...Go for it!!

I agree ... if you choose to believe such unlikely stuff, it's your funeral!

Get a little man in! You can get an auto detailer to do a good job for you, otherwise a quality set of products from the likes of collinite, autoglym or meguires for example with a lot of elbow grease should do it. Wash the car first, then clay bar the paintwork, following off by a machine polish and waxing using a product containing carnuba wax. That should keep you occupied for a weekend! :whew:

Ian