Service Parts

I've decided that I'm going to service my car myself, not a problem as I my mate has a ramp and I've done it with all my previous cars.

What I'd like your in put on is do I get all my parts from Skoda or go to a parts place?

I'm going to be doing oil/filter, fuel filter, air and pollen filters, I'll also be doing rear discs and pads at the same time. Thoughts

If it was me, if the car is still under warranty i would use oe parts, if its a older car there is nothing wrong with after market parts like coopers for the filters and lucas for the discs and mintex for the pads. these are the brands that i like and trust.

Got all my bits from Opie oils. Become a member on there and you get a bit of a discount too. All filters are UFI. They do the discs/pads too and are running a 25% off offer on Ferodo at the moment.

Go to Euro Car Parts and get 25% discount using the code BRISK25

as above, they also do nice pagid brake discs with that anti rust coating so the non contact bits don't rust

do all the pagid have it? Only I'm looking for some 288mm discs for the bora but its not very clear which fit and they list 2different types of pads which are different shapes

I use TPS for cheaper than dealer genuine filters and yesterday I paid just over £16 at euro car parts (using online discount code BRISK25) For 5 litres of VW spec 502 000 505 000 5W40 oil.

Edited by 07 vRS Taxi

I use TPS for cheaper than dealer genuine filters and yesterday I paid just over £16 at euro car parts (using online discount code BRISK25) For 5 litres of VW spec 502 000 505 000 5W40 oil.

Should u not be using 5w30 507!!!

eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr it appears someone is using the wrong oil!!!! on their Vrs......... :think: .

You just will not get the right oil for a Vrs Tdi for £16................ unless someone knows more than I do??

But, If its being used as a taxi i suspect he's not to bothered ?? :giggle:

gadgit.

eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr it appears someone is using the wrong oil!!!! on their Vrs......... :think: .

You just will not get the right oil for a Vrs Tdi for £16................ unless someone knows more than I do??

But, If its being used as a taxi i suspect he's not to bothered ?? :giggle:

gadgit.

i have a TFSI depending on the service plan it uses 5W40 or 5W30. Edited by 07 vRS Taxi