Thoughts about tyres

In a few hundred miles ill be due a new set of front tyres currently running firestone firehawks which seem to have worn very quick (only bought just before xmas) so lookin elsewhere.

Im lookin at tyres below £140 but still need to be decent as im doing a track day mid august.

Currently looking at Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Any suggestions?

Cheers briskodians :-D

Edited by Glynn

Just ordered a pair of Hankook Ventus v12 Evos for mine, local tyre place agreed £110 each for them, beating the best online price i could find. They've been getting lots of excellent reviews and placing very high in group tests against more well-known alternatives.

Edited by chr1staylor

Just bought online continental eco contact 5 205/55 r16. £136 for a pair + fitting. But just realise they are marked as AO(Audi original). Does anyone know if there is any difference and if it's ok for them to be fitted in my Octavia.

Just ordered a pair of Hankook Ventus v12 Evos for mine, local tyre place agreed £110 each for them, beating the best online price i could find. They've been getting lots of excellent reviews and placing very high in group tests against more well-known alternatives.

Had a pair of these fitted to the front a few weeks ago, and so far they seem to be doing the job I need. I have had no concerns at all in any driving conditions, and in the few weeks I've had them on I've seen it all including sleet!

And you need to go to my tyre place I got them at £95 each fitted. Though mine were 17's and perhaps yours are 18's.

And you need to go to my tyre place I got them at £95 each fitted. Though mine were 17's and perhaps yours are 18's.

Think it must be because mine are 18s, though you could've saved a couple of quid if you'd have got yours fitted by Event Tyres. ;) Edited by chr1staylor

Cheers guys!

should of said im running 225/40 r18

Ill look at these verdesteins and on the camskill site

jus bought 4 x bf goodrich (michelin re brand) g-force profilers ....135 a pop! 225/40/18s

but damn good round corners ..from stationary.....in the rain ......brakin at high speeds (within the legal limit)...they are performin pretty well

jus bought 4 x bf goodrich (michelin re brand) g-force profilers ....135 a pop! 225/40/18s

but damn good round corners ..from stationary.....in the rain ......brakin at high speeds (within the legal limit)...they are performin pretty well

Another user of the BF Goodrich here. Top tyres.

Get a good online quote for the tyres and then ring around for best fitted price. I got Rainsport 2s. Fitting and balancing can be got as low as £10 per corner, maybe lower.

I've got Maxxis MAZ1 all round. Little noisy but I think they're very good for the price, £86 a corner and I got 20k out my last set of fronts.

Also looked at Rainsports but didn't think they'd be worth the extra over the Maxxis/

Michelin at the best at last so well they work out pence per mile on a par with other decent tyres.

Use PS3s and cannot wait to get the Fabia VRs over to Michs from the Contis which are not too bad but the PS3 will be better I am sure,

Good enough for Audi at Le Mans etc, good enough for me.

Cheers guys!

should of said im running 225/40 r18

Ill look at these verdesteins and on the camskill site

Vredestein perform well but longevity not great in my experience

Had no problems with the Hankook V12's. quiet, seem to be wearing well, grip seems ok although I don't push it so much these days. Stability and tracking are better than the D'lops on the car when I bought it.

The original rear tyres were quite badly feathered, so took it for a 4 wheel alighment. Difference? calcerous sedimentary rock to fermented lactaeous product. Even the co driver noticed - and thought it was better!

Ten months on still loads of tread left, perhaps 10000 miles so far, could perhaps stretch that to 18000 on the front, extra 10000 on the rear. Usage is either the local shopping stuff, twisty roads in France or 80+autobahn stuff.