Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi All

Has anyone on here managed to connect their S3 to their Columbus? I know there are threads on here relating to rSap but I'm not bothered about having rSap. I only want to connect using Hand Free as I did with my old iphone 4S. My Elegance is an 11 so I know it has rSap and HFP in there.

Every time I do a search for phones it comes back saying there are no compatible phones available.

Any ideas or stories of success?

Thanks

Hi, have you turned bluetooth on and made your phone discoverable?

I hope that you get it to work as I have an S3 and hope to receive my Superb from the dealer later this month :D

Sent via Tapatalk

hi rob what number is on your bluetooth unit is it the same as below my car june 2010 still had the old unit fitted yours may be the same.

bill

Control Unit 3C8035730A

I have an S3 and it's working fine on standard bluetooth with my 58 Superb (I installed a new bluetooth unit myself a while back). There was no problem connecting etc.

I'm sure you've done all this already, but the only thing that springs to mind is sometimes the bluetooth stack on Android isn't the most stable (in my experience). So, if you haven't already, just reboot your phone and try again. Failing that, have you connected your phone to any other bluetooth devices (just to rule out a general problem with bluetooth on your phone)? Do you have anything running on your phone that could interfere with the bluetooth (Tasker, JuiceDefender etc.)? If so, disable these and see if anything changes.

Sorry to hear of your problem.

I have a 2011 elegance estate with the premium bluetooth installation and my s3 pairs and works with HFP.

my current firmware no on s3 is 4.0.4 if thats any help

have you had the firmware update.

go to setting/about device to check android version and update via software update on this window or via kies.

elsewhere it is sugested that 4.0.4 allows rsap connection but this seems not to be the case with my s3, although it does show call register in maxidot display and the phone can be controlled from the steering wheel.

I also loaded an app called A2DP volume which is supposed to help.

good luck

further info

updated firmware now 4.1.1 Jelly Bean) which allows rsap functions including using external aerial.

I needed to re-pair my phone to get rsap to work

Edited by alanbathurst

• 2 months later...

I have an S3. You need an unlocked handset with the generic S3 rom installed. Download from here - you will need the BTU version 4.0.4.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9300

You will find instructions on how to install on XDA developers.

I only found out about this when my S3 (on Vodafone - but with generic rom) came back from the repair centre with the Vodafone rom installed and RSAP no longer working.

I have the S3 and an Elegance built early July 2012 and so it comes with Premium GSMIII installation

It now gives me the choice of HFP and rsap connections but when I first got the phone it was Android 4.0.1 (or something pre 4.0.4) and I could only connect with HFP.

I have had two updates to Android, both were for 4.0.4, but different builds/releases of 4.0.4.

The first update did not include rsap but the second (build XXBLH3) gave me the rsap connection option.

Both updates came via the Samsung app KIES, see http://www.samsung.c...ftware/KIES/JSP for windows/mac downloads.

With the app running I connected the phone to my PC via USB and end of August (ish) it gave me the option to install the first upgrade to 4.0.4. I chose yes and it did the update.

I tried to connect with rsap but had no luck.

A few weeks later KIES said there was another update, again I said yes and the app updated my phone.

Since then I have been able to connect with rsap and or HFP. I choose which.

By default I now connect to the car using rsap, but can choose to connect just by HFP by selecting Handsfree rather than Premium on the MFD via phone/setings.

The only different thing I have done on the phone is said 'yes' (with remember choice) when the phone asked whether to allow access to the SIM (which rsap requires).

When I could only connect via HFP the Premium and Handsfree menu options were the same as each other but now there are some new menu options available under phone on the MFD when in Premium mode that were not there previously.

They include a 'data' option that I have yet to figure out, if anyone know please tell me!

Edited by leWrat

Thanks andre.

Within the data menu I think there is a name value that I can enter a string of characters for (not entirely sure as I am away from my car right now).

What is that name value for?

Thanks

Sent via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

A bit unrelated but does anyone know how to disable the notification tone you get on your S3 when the car asks for remote sim activation? It does my nut in hearing it evrey time I get in the car.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've got an Mar 2012 Superb Estate 170 L&K. My Nokia 6310 connected without difficulty and I could make a receive calls without any problems. I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and while I can connect to the car I had to set the car back to factory settings and then "find" the phone before I could down load the phone book. Now, while I can answer a call I still cannot make a call and get an error message of "Network not enabled" every time I try to call. Are there different Bluetooth control boxes that Skoda use for different phones or is there just the one? Also, I am unconvinced that the handset is using the car aerial although Skoda tell me that is the case. Can anyone confirm if the standard Bluetooth connection also connects the phone to the car aerial?

Thanks

Peter

Hi, I've got an Mar 2012 Superb Estate 170 L&K. My Nokia 6310 connected without difficulty and I could make a receive calls without any problems. I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and while I can connect to the car I had to set the car back to factory settings and then "find" the phone before I could down load the phone book. Now, while I can answer a call I still cannot make a call and get an error message of "Network not enabled" every time I try to call. Are there different Bluetooth control boxes that Skoda use for different phones or is there just the one? Also, I am unconvinced that the handset is using the car aerial although Skoda tell me that is the case. Can anyone confirm if the standard Bluetooth connection also connects the phone to the car aerial?

Thanks

Peter

I have not been able to connect my Samsung S3 up to any device in my Nov 2010 Superb and whereas the phone maybe so advanced it could fly you to the moon, it can't do the basics very well of receiving or making audible calls. The number I have missed and at least 50% of outgoing ones,the recipients can't hear. I would not recommend the S3 to anyone. And if anyone is interested in an Instruction Book ( which the phone does not come with ) I got one off ebay and it has 180 A4 size pages!.

I've got the 730K bluetooth Kit (7P6035730K) in my car and it works perfectly with the S3. My S3 is rooted, but is running my telco provider's firmware (Telstra).

Makes and receives calls fine, auto-connects whenever I get in my car, plays music via A2DP. My connection is via HFP, not rSAP.

Not sure why you guys are having so much trouble but I suspect it might be down to how the telco has crippled the phone. Try a vanilla ROM.

My Elegance was built in June 2012 and has the premium bluetooth kit.

My S3 will connect via hpa or rsap depending on whether I select the standard or premium BT setting in the maxidot.

The connection works perfectly every time with all the expected functions available.

So I conclude that as long as you have the latest firmware on your S3 phone you should be able to connect to the car in whatever mode the car supports, assuming that the car kit is working properly.

Sent via Tapatalk

My Elegance was built in June 2012 and has the premium bluetooth kit.

My S3 will connect via hpa or rsap depending on whether I select the standard or premium BT setting in the maxidot.

The connection works perfectly every time with all the expected functions available.

So I conclude that as long as you have the latest firmware on your S3 phone you should be able to connect to the car in whatever mode the car supports, assuming that the car kit is working properly.

Sent via Tapatalk

Me too. Elegance built in late 2011 and an S3 acquired about two months ago, works perfectly with remote sim.

Thanks for your inputs guys. I have just managed to get the Galaxy S3 and the Superb to talk to each other .... finally! Turned out that I needed to keep an eye on the phone display as there is a dialogue that you need to complete to allow the connection to take place every time. The phone asks if you want to allow the Skoda to talk to it and by clicking on the don't remind me every time and "connect" this seems to have solved the problem. As a matter of interest, the serial number on the Bluetooth box in my car is 3C8 035 730B. I've no idea if this is running rSAP or HFP or both but as everything is working now (fingers crossed) I don't mind which protocol is being used.

On my other topic about how do you know whether the car aerial is being used, I looked at my Galaxy when I felt that all the functions were being correctly carried out and noticed that the triangular signal strength meter now displayed a circle with a slash through it - bit like a drestricted speed sign and that the car displayed a strong signal strength. I guess that pretty conclusively answers the question that I posed and that the phone is no longer transmitting but using the car aerial to do so.

Youll find that you now have signal where previously none existed, and also you should be able to access SMS messages via Columbus and Maxidot if you're using remote sim.

Hi Barnowljex

No never made any changes to either car or Phone, only thing I might suggest is you contact your Skoda dealer and see if there is any software updates required for the Bluetooth box in the car that may need updating? or if you know anyone else who has a Galaxy S3 and see if he can connect as a test..

Regards

Rod

I have not been able to connect my Samsung S3 up to any device in my Nov 2010 Superb and whereas the phone maybe so advanced it could fly you to the moon, it can't do the basics very well of receiving or making audible calls. The number I have missed and at least 50% of outgoing ones,the recipients can't hear. I would not recommend the S3 to anyone. And if anyone is interested in an Instruction Book ( which the phone does not come with ) I got one off ebay and it has 180 A4 size pages!.

Hi Tony

Samsung S3 and S2 are one of only a few Andriod phone's that will natively support rSAP . its all about the firmware . if you update your phone to anything above ICS 4.0.4 you will have full access to rSAP with no problems .

My car is 2009 and connects every time ,

2SkodaFamily - yes, you are quite right! I took the car for a drive and all the areas that I lost signal in before were giving me a good strong signal. I also managed to send an SMS although it was a bit sad that I could not dictate the message but had to type it in! I'm told that with the Samsung S3 you can speak to the phone and it does a very good job of turning that into text. I'm a happy bunny now.

RoDM - I have solved the connection problem thanks. I had not realised that you needed to watch the phone display as well during the connection process and give your permission for the connection to occur every time. All is well now thanks.

I just wish that dealerships, or Skoda, would provide an idiots guide on how to connect phones to their cars as this is rapidly becoming an issue.

• Like 1