Shark Performance; Review

Had car mapped yesterday at Shark Performance in Mansfield. Very pleased with the results and honestly the guys have worked magic with the engine. I went to them as mine was suffering a stutter around 2400-2600 rpm and have been recommended to them also all id had heard was good reviews.

It pulls really well all the way to the red line and does not run out of puff around 3-3.5k revs which i had witnessed before. It delivers the power very smoothly and progressively and personally i think its a smoother output then the standard map! It smokes abit more but this i expected and enjoy the fact it lives up to its 'Dirty Diesel' sticker! :p

The engine still does have a small stutter so this will be solved in my own time but Shark have worked with it and pretty much erased it altogether. All in all very impressed with the work carried out and the whole experience, shall be returning for further work! :D

2012-08-01155512.jpg

More carbon output! haha Its only this dirty as the extractor hose was round the exhaust.

2012-08-01145352.jpg

2012-08-01143047.jpg

The engine had a stutter, the guys where testing it from hot and cold, cooling the engines via the big fans. I dont think 4degrees is going to do much harm to the final read out

Yeah i was shocked when he told me how much much it gains after a DPF removal! Get them off people! I thought the gains would of been minimal but because Vag wants to look like a 'eco friendly' car manufacturer they restrict the 170's by a country mile! :D

Just a little foot note, took car out last night onto the moor roads, this does not sound as fun as it should do as the tourists think 60mph is reckless but when it came to over taking them tourists the power was shockingly on tap straight away. This would be the car to convert petrol heads! :giggle:

I :wub: my diesel

The engine had a stutter, the guys where testing it from hot and cold, cooling the engines via the big fans. I dont think 4degrees is going to do much harm to the final read out

a 4 degrees drop in ambient temperature without a drop in air pressure is not likely?

The torque is very impressive. Standard should be something in the region of 350nm but I assume yours was putting out more as you'd already had the dpf removed?

a 4 degrees drop in ambient temperature without a drop in air pressure is not likely?

First run was early morning and by the time the final map was finished it was mid afternoon

The torque is very impressive. Standard should be something in the region of 350nm but I assume yours was putting out more as you'd already had the dpf removed?

Aye had DPF removed couple month back.

what he means Emma is this The higher the temperature of the air, the faster it rises and loses density, decreasing the barometric pressure. The cooler it is, the denser the air becomes. This causes the barometric pressure to rise. Hotter temperatures generally mean lower pressure.I n other words the cooler it is the more power it can produce as more oxygen in the denser air

• Like 1

I would of perhaps expected to see slightly more corresponding power with the dpf removed; I think 210 is the upper realms of a PD170 remap with DPF where the norm is 205ish. I could be wrong though. The main thing is how it drives though and you seem more than happy so all's good.

Mine's in for DPF removal and a Stage 1 next Wed, will be interesting to see how it goes after that as its currently a bit breathless compared to my Volvo.