Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

200 odd miles here, keep doing pointless short journeys but getting a 1.5/2hr journey to Anglesey this we, then Surrey 3.5hr next we! Certainly not red lined it (do u ever red line a diesel... Doesn't seem right)... Love putting my foot partially down when in Third, it pulls like helll :)

Edited by mattrixdesign2
  • Like 1

Was it the candy white hatch?

It was indeed.

1 day to go. Quite p1ssed off though as all the way through they've been saying 'we've got a 24 hour turnaround period, if we get it Monday morning we'll apply the Lifeshine which takes 24 hours to bond, then you'll get it late on Tuesday". Well, I cancelled the Lifeshine, they got it Tuesday afternoon but I'm not getting it until Friday. Seemingly the salesman has '2 other cars going out on Thursday' so I have to wait until Friday.

It was indeed.

1 day to go. Quite p1ssed off though as all the way through they've been saying 'we've got a 24 hour turnaround period, if we get it Monday morning we'll apply the Lifeshine which takes 24 hours to bond, then you'll get it late on Tuesday". Well, I cancelled the Lifeshine, they got it Tuesday afternoon but I'm not getting it until Friday. Seemingly the salesman has '2 other cars going out on Thursday' so I have to wait until Friday.

Which salesman? Ours hasn't contacted us go 8 weeks now...the car is due to have been built an they're not returning my calls or emails, so I'm not at all happy with them at the moment.

In fact I'm contemplating telling them to shove it.

out of courtesy i phoned my dealership once a week for an update. Every time my salesman was busy but he did always call me back and leave a message. It seems you're not having quite as much luck.

Point is spending the best part of £20k we shouldn't have to call them. A simple 1 minute call every other week would do me even if no update.

I purposely asked my salesman what updates I'd get and was told, every few weeks till a build date (I've had none in 5) and then once a week once built (not at that stage yet so I wait in anticipation).

I find calling skoda CS a much more customer friendly experience getting updates than dealing with the dealer on this

• Like 1

Wow - black estate looks amazing!

I plan to paint the chrome grill black and fit privacy glass so it may well just live in the shadows from then on...

Regarding running in, my dealer said you do not have to run in a diesel, which sounded like nonsense to me.

It is true that you never really redline a diesel as you are risking a massive drop off in power by pushing it to the edge, but you still need to get all the bits in the engine bedded in nicely.

I have had an E36 until now, and the 2 litre engine still felt like it was bedding in at 80,000 miles (always improving year on year).

Good general advice I have received for diesels is to keep below 3000rpm for the first 1000 miles or so, then after this make sure you push it regularly to 4000 ; )

Pushing it regularly means the injectors self-clean, and the pistons free themselves up, meaning better fuel economy.

The worst thing you can do is always drive it slowly at low rpm throughout its life (something I doubt any blackline owner would be capable of!).

Do Skoda have an official stance on running in their diesel units? (or any other part of the VAG group?)

Which salesman? Ours hasn't contacted us go 8 weeks now...the car is due to have been built an they're not returning my calls or emails, so I'm not at all happy with them at the moment.

I'd be calling the dealer principal and kicking up a massive stink. What a disgrace the way you've been treated. Imagine their response if you had a problem with the car?

s

I have been running my car in driving normally. As long as the engine is warm, I have given it a good boot plenty of times. When I pootle around I have been getting around 46/48 mpg around the country roads.

Now done around 750 miles - not burnt any oil as far as I can tell!

One thing I notice though - the engine seems to take ages to warm up to half-way (normal temp)

Also, the mpg easily drops to around 40/41 if I drive quickly!

It seems to hover around 47mpg sat on a motorway at 70 with the cruise on.....

I have to say though - it doesn't feel as "crisp" on acceleration as the demo VRS I drove back in August. I'm sure that car was quicker..........

Nevermind though - no squeeks or rattles at the moment as well.

Edited by Thehulkster

Stewart ****, seems a nice chap, although he did promise weekly updates, which did happen, but only as I was chasing them.

This is my 5th vRS from Ingrams, the customer service has went way downhill. Every chance they get they're trying to 'bump' me. The latest example was on Tuesday when I went in to sign the finance.

In the two weeks since I shook hands on the deal, a payment came of my CR-V, which I'm trading in, lowering the settlement figure, and I also decided to ditch the Lifeshine which I was getting charged £207.50 for. It came to roughly £475 that was coming off the deal. When I was handed the new figures to sign my monthly payments had dropped by just over £1. I told him that my calculations of £475 divided by 36 is £12.88, less their APR obviously. He looked shocked that I was ready for them trying to rip me off yet again. I asked why it only came down by £1 and he said he didn't know, must be due to the first registration fee being more expensive. I then said surely that would have been included in my first quote, then he said hold on, clicked a few buttons, looked delighted and showed me the screen. It had magically came down £11 a month, and he then said how's that for you. Blatantly still trying to rip me off right up to the end.

Not happy.

Hi all, well i have read through this thread and i feel ive done pretty well. I ordered a Black blackline manual Estate last Wednesday, it arrived last night at the dealer (Central Skoda, who have been brilliant) i pick it up Saturday. Signed all the documents tonight and had a quick look at it. Part exchanging our 2003 Octavia VRS.

IMG_0628.jpg

Edited by WasP1nowVRS
  • Like 1

Hi all, well i have read through this thread and i feel ive done pretty well. I ordered a Black blackline manual Estate last Wednesday, it arrived last night at the dealer (Central Skoda, who have been brilliant) i pick it up Saturday. Signed all the documents tonight and had a quick look at it. Part exchanging our 2003 Octavia VRS.

IMG_0628.jpg

Just like mine... Love it!

• Like 1

IMG_0628.jpg

Not keen on the white tbh.

I'll get my coat :)

• Like 1

Good news - the dealer rang today to tell me that mine should be with them some time tomorrow - I pick it up on Wednesday morning (I'm popping in on Saturday morning to see it in the compound as well) :)

After a kick up the a*** my dealer has triumphantly announced that my car arrives tomorrow and they will rush to get it ready for Saturday afternoon.

I am now experiencing that 'day before christmas eve' feeling from childhood : )

Hope to post some good pics on Sunday if possible.

:sun:

• Like 1

So is anyone picking up their new toy today?

Unfortunately not :( , however in anticipation of it's collection next week I have just ordered a mic for the "non-existant" bluetooth and am about to source a nice big SD card for my music as I'm sure the wife will soon take over all the storage compartments with her choice of CD's.