Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Mine's covered 16k miles now and never skipped a beat. The best car I have owned hands down - great performance and excellent economy (achieved an average of 45mpg even with short journeys).

However, a back injury is forcing me down the DSG route. Having looked at other options (BMW, Audi, Merc etc) none of them have a big enough boot and even a used example was more expensive than a new vRS. So, I've traded the Blackline for a new petrol vRS DSG (expected delivery in Feb/March). Got a great deal px on the Blackline and a great deal on the price of the new car. The new model has a lot more toys than the Blackline and the DSG will certainly be more comfortable on my back!!

Second year anniversary update:

Car was in for free second year service today at Newmarket, Bannockburn.  All booked online, had a loan Rapid available for me, all polite and car has passed with flying colours this afternoon!  No problems.

Anyways, was nosey-ing around the new cars in the showroom as you do, waiting to be pounced upon.  They had a lovely unregistered blue VRS estate diesel with various options £27,000-ish.  Said I *might* be interested if he could give me some figures etc and I would go away and think about it.  Just waiting on the quote coming through.

Interesting though he valued my Blackline at £15,000 (8,000 miles) which I though was very healthy - a CAP valuation.  They recently had a Blackline hatch as trade in and this was sold very quickly, so there is still a healthy demand.  The Blackline was a good solid purchase.

Brain says keep Blackline for a least another year and last free service - heart said buy shiny blue vrs with heated seats.

• Like 1

I suppose the big question will be whether or not to change the cambelt on the 4th year service next year when the car (mine) will be clocking about 36k?

I'm also waiting to see what Ford do with the next RS (due out next year) because we MIGHT trade both our current RS and the Blackline in together against the new Ford. But if I'm truthful I really don't want to get rid of the Octavia. It's the first car I've ever owned from new and kept for this long - I'm that impressed with it. It was a bloody bargain. I've not abused it at all, and tried to keep it in as good condition as possible (no dings or bumps or kerbed wheels) so to try and replace it without throwing a shed load of money at a deal would be hard.

Edited by Thehulkster

There' s a massive topic on this 4 year old cambelt change argument somewhere on here. Apparently in Germany Skoda ask that they are changed at 5 years, not 4.........so make your own choice I guess?

I think I'll wait till 5 years though.

IIRC the cambelt change in the UK is now 5yrs. It is on here somewhere for later builds, not sure when from but could be after 2010

• 6 months later...

Well then, in October my Blackline turns 3 years old. I'll be honest, I'm already looking to replace it.

It's a fun car to drive I just feel a change is needed.

Anyone had experience with selling on Autotrader or should I go to one of the internet sites.

Think I've been quoted £10,700 with 32,000 on the clock by a one of them but Ideally I'd like midway between 11-12k to part with it.

Edited by kiran111
  • Like 1

would be nice if they were worth 11-12k? I thought they would be worth less than 10k now :( mine has only done 8600 miles and still looks like new apart from a couple of stonechips, been a great car but still regret not waiting for a Race blue one to turn up :envy:

• Like 1

would be nice if they were worth 11-12k? I thought they would be worth less than 10k now :( mine has only done 8600 miles and still looks like new apart from a couple of stonechips, been a great car but still regret not waiting for a Race blue one to turn up :envy:

I have same issue with Stone chips, annoying or what!

Funnily enough mine is Race Blue haha, might just take what they offer me and not bother with AutoTrader. Seems like a lot of faff

Edited by kiran111

I think that's a fair offer if it stands.. I've been looking in the mk3 forums for some time and getting a feel for what's what and someone was offered not much more for a mk3 as trade in!

• Like 1

I would be curious to see what people have managed to get part ex or other forms of selling on (AT or we buy etc). Having a look on Auto Trader reveals a shortage of Black lines for sale and the ones that are on there are going for £14k+.

• Like 1

I would be curious to see what people have managed to get part ex or other forms of selling on (AT or we buy etc). Having a look on Auto Trader reveals a shortage of Black lines for sale and the ones that are on there are going for £14k+.

I would sell tomorrow for 14k but don't believe they are getting anywhere near that, usually traders trying their luck..

I have noticed the same thing as was doing research for a guide price for mine. AutoTrader say £12,550 though :(

Considering only paid £19k for it in the first place, it ain't too bad.

• Like 1

Not even 3 hours on AutoTrader and its sold already.

Bang on what I wanted for it too...

Your did well.... took three weeks for me but I did start at 14000. What was your spec and mileage of your blackline?

Your did well.... took three weeks for me but I did start at 14000. What was your spec and mileage of your blackline?

Mileage is 32600, spec was standard apart from blacked out windows, rear DVD players in headrests and a Parrot hands free which I installed.

62 Plate white manual 29K FSH mint condition phone kit enabled and MDI £12.7K from dealer in Grimsby (I am in South Wales). I had no interest from here and only got hits from Autotrader. Lowest offer was £12.1K. I was lucky to get what I did in October 2014.

You did very well!

• 1 month later...

Still motoring strongly after 2.5 years, just a wee emissions problem.

Dear ŠKODA customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification you submitted, is affected by software that may cause discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy. 

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. ŠKODA will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We will be in touch with you directly to explain what steps are required. We'll do any necessary rectification work at our cost.

Yours faithfully,

ŠKODA.

• 4 weeks later...

On the home run of my PCP.  Holding out to see if VW will offer a wee discount/contribution for another car because of the emissions scandal.

The BBC has been told that Patrick McLoughlin, the transport secretary, has spoken to Herbert Diess, a senior VW official in Germany, today and demanded compensation for any lower resale value of cars caught up in the crisis.

Whitehall sources tell me that VW has agreed that payments might have to be made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34723424

To those toying with selling, Having just bought a 2011 FL VRS (albeit not a BL) decent looked after ones are tricky to find - and in good demand. 

Lots of high mileage out there.....

I would have thought you would sell for decent money - especially if you have any nice options added!