Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

My blackline has just arrived in the port. Was sat at Emden for about a week by the look of it

Dealer reckons end of week it will be at dealer

Can't bloody wait !!

Me neither, mine was sat at Emden for about 2 weeks - will be well impressed if it arrives at the end of this week.

I just bought one ebay £29.50 delivered.

watch this guy, cheapest on EBAY when he gets them otherwise your looking at about £37.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/peelthedealer/m.html?item=321004199153&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Loom was from carsystems about €34

Edited by Welsh_kai_boy

question for all skoda octavia blackline owners , i have a whistle from the front of my car at about 75mph and changes to different pitches ,the faster you go. informed skoda of this , which they knew about . skoda have ordered the kit to remedy this ,which i think is only a long piece of rubber ,and fits where the front grill attaches to the bonnet but they have to take the grill of , being done in a couple of weeks, dont know why so long?

any one else got this issue?

question for all skoda octavia blackline owners , i have a whistle from the front of my car at about 75mph and changes to different pitches ,the faster you go. informed skoda of this , which they knew about . skoda have ordered the kit to remedy this ,which i think is only a long piece of rubber ,and fits where the front grill attaches to the bonnet but they have to take the grill of , being done in a couple of weeks, dont know why so long?

I haven't noticed it yet, but haven't done loads of motorway driving. I'm out tomorrow on a fairly long drive so I'll test it out and let you know. :thumbup:

There is a thread on here on wind noise, its an easy fix but requires a trip to the dealer to get it fixed. Just search for "wind noise" or go through couple of pages in the Octavia 2 part of the forum.

Found it..... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237398-new-car-wind-noise/page__st__30

Edited by diveslob

Called the dealer today about buying a spare wheel/kit etc (£134 ish) and he was telling me how very very lucky I was to get a blackline, as we know their all gone, but said he gets a few enquiries every day from people wanting one! I said that skoda might respond by building more and he told me that would not happen as they have retooled the plant for new octavia. Kinda makes them more exclusive but wished they were numbered tho..

• Like 1

Called the dealer today about buying a spare wheel/kit etc (£134 ish) and he was telling me how very very lucky I was to get a blackline, as we know their all gone, but said he gets a few enquiries every day from people wanting one! I said that skoda might respond by building more and he told me that would not happen as they have retooled the plant for new octavia. Kinda makes them more exclusive but wished they were numbered tho..

Agree numbered would have been nice. Done over 1000 miles in mine, not seen any other blacklines yet. I love the car. Rarer than the various vw and audis.

Question. I never ordered any kind of wax/polish with my car. Since owning it I think the windows have had some anti rain treatment (rainx) and the body work seems to make the rain form into large water droplets. Could it be that my car has some treatment free of charge. Despite this am learning that a black car needs effort to keep it looking good. Should I clean and apply (more) wax (colinite).

I was at the dealer yesterday and they have confirmed that Skoda are building another 150 Blacklines - however they are not guarnteeing numbers to any dealer yet

(I'll also be going to the dealer again just as soon as the RAC/Skoda assist arrive as the car has locked me out of the front doors :'( )

I was at the dealer yesterday and they have confirmed that Skoda are building another 150 Blacklines - however they are not guarnteeing numbers to any dealer yet

(I'll also be going to the dealer again just as soon as the RAC/Skoda assist arrive as the car has locked me out of the front doors :'( )

Just shows they are all singing from a different hymn sheet. I'd rather they stuck to their advertised run of 500, sorry to the ones that never got one :-)

• Like 1

I'm provisionally scheduled to pick mine up Wednesday 7th Nov, although the actual delivery date from the UK port hasn't yet been confirmed........wish it would hurry up.....

Right, mic ordered, fellow Briskodian doing the VCDS stuff on Monday.

Next thing on the list is lights. Do i stick in some Osram Nightbreaker plus or HID kit (if so, which is the right one to get, i'm well confused with all this CanBus/Non Canbus stuff)

Also, my ride height seems Paris Dakar high. Will it settle in a few hundred miles?

Well following skoda uk and dealer phoning me everyday my white dsg hatch is enroute to the uk !!! Apparently a delay in production at the factory with several black lines held up ????

As I ordered on the 21st aug I'm not happy. Skoda have given me a Fabia to drive until mine arrives ( so I don't smack up my trade in ) and skoda uk are saying there will be some form of support / compensation when it finally gets here !!! ( I wonder what that may entail )

There is a thread on here on wind noise, its an easy fix but requires a trip to the dealer to get it fixed. Just search for "wind noise" or go through couple of pages in the Octavia 2 part of the forum.

Found it..... http://www.briskoda....se/page__st__30

Got the exact same thing. starts whistling a tune from around 70mph.

I will be taking mine back in to have the foam inserted into the grill. I am pretty sure that is where it is coming from.

Looking on another thread Skoda are aware of the issue and have a fix. Mention TPI 2030299/1 to the service dept as that is the issue and fix on their system.

For those interested in changing the dipped light bulbs. Absolute joy. Headlights just pop out so no ripping of fingers etc....

Not very impressed with the dipped main bulbs that Skoda fitted after a trip along some B roads late the other night. You can buy much better for not much money :blush:

Edited by flyingzard
  • Like 1

What's everyone running in terms of tyre pressure please?

The tyre pressures are listed on inside of fuel flap door.