Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

On the red herring front next you'll know the TSI guys will be expaining why you should have bought a petrol vRS and that if you drive one like Miss Daisy you can get over 40 mpg from it :giggle:

I also have a Leon FR with the TSI DSG combo and its a cracking engine but its thirsty. Average 25-30mpg tops. The common rail is a fantastic engine. I had an FR with one but a manual, such a strong engine that i fancied it again, no brainer really. I would shave bought an VRS TSI as well however there were only a few left and none in the spec v price bracket that i wanted. They had some seriously specced up/already built ones on the sheets and wanted 24K+ for them. I walked away from it and was going to wait on the new leon (an estate version is coming out) but a Blackline turned up on demo so i spanned it up

Don't know what the situation has been or whether they were held up but there are some Blackline Estates being released in to 'free' stock today.

As mentioned, whether there was some sort of hold up on these I don't know but if there is anyone out there who wants one, maybe worth having a quick word with your dealer.

• Like 1

I also have a Leon FR with the TSI DSG combo and its a cracking engine but its thirsty. Average 25-30mpg tops. The common rail is a fantastic engine. I had an FR with one but a manual, such a strong engine that i fancied it again, no brainer really. I would shave bought an VRS TSI as well however there were only a few left and none in the spec v price bracket that i wanted. They had some seriously specced up/already built ones on the sheets and wanted 24K+ for them. I walked away from it and was going to wait on the new leon (an estate version is coming out) but a Blackline turned up on demo so i spanned it up

Nice to see a balanced response from someone who's had cars with both engine options for a change. :thumbup:

I knew there would be more than 500 built, not quite such a special edition then!

But still more 'special' than the standard vRS! :giggle:

I know back in October Skoda UK got stick from the dealers about the fact that supply was drying up even then and my dealer said then that skoda were considering making a few more to satisfy people who wanted one at the time, but this could also be as a result of feedback they've had since regarding the number of missed orders they've suffered as people tried to order vRSs before they dried up. Personally I don't think Skoka have handled this very well at all by allowing dealers to have Blacklines as demos as there were only going to be a finite number available (even if Silver1011 is correct and they've moved the goalposts and made more than 500!) though I suspect we'll never really know. Might even be because they've got a few CR engines and estate chasis's still knocking about so have made a few more to satisfy demand.

Personally I don't really care how many there are and if they make some more, they're still rarer than a stock vRS, I've got mine, it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it and if I had the choice I'd do exactly the same again (maybe try the DSG version first tho!)..... In actual fact if they do the same with the mkIII in 3 years time I'll be in the queue! :rock: :love:

I had a brief excursion with a Fabia TSI Vrs but sold it because I couldn't get on with the DSG. Test drove an Octavia Vrs CR with The DSG and it seemed better suited to the engine. However when it came to placing an order the manual at £1300 less was the way to go for me.

Yep, more have been released today, all estates. My orders gone in as I missed the boat first time round. Seems they are built awaiting shipment to the UK, should be 2 to 3 weeks.

Does anyone know if you can order phone prep and maxi dot to retro fit?

Fyi they come with Maxi Dot! Don't order phone prep, search for Welsh Kai Boys (sp?) Bluetooth enabling thread.

• Like 1

I knew there would be more than 500 built, not quite such a special edition then!

How do we know how many have been sold, was it confirmed 500 were sold?

I reckon this batch will be made with what ever is left over, I.e. Estates + extras.

Besides it's not about it being ltd ed, its more about the deal (sat nav, dab, leather, rear park sensors... And black wheels if thats your thing)

Interesting call from the dealer today. I secured a demo Blackline 2 days ago. I was due to get it in March (18th). They called today to say that Skoda had released a new white estate to them. They then said they wanted to cancel my demo order and give me the new one!! Result. To make it even better its cheaper and I get it in 2 weeks time ;-) happy bunny

Looks like the salesman likes his demo driver then, which is brilliant news for you- I felt for you when i saw they'd released some more estates today from Brooks735 above. check out with the dealer if you can still get the finance deal with the £500 contribution and 3 years free servicing. That's a steal if you can still get it and Preston motors above say it's still on. Even if you don't need the finance it's worth it (check out if you can still pay it off at anytime without loosing the servicing offer) Me and loads of others paid it off straight away and kept the benefits

...and I thought i'd secured one of the last ones.... hoping I get a call tomorrow from Lookers in Salford saying its ready and waiting for me....... Must admit - i'll be gutted if they release a handful more and stick on even more extras!

You are right though - it's about the deal rather than the Limited Edition for me!! (Although last time round, i'd have given my right arm to get hold of a used Mk2 pre-fl Limited edition. The leather in the LE looks fantastic!

• Like 1

Interesting call from the dealer today. I secured a demo Blackline 2 days ago. I was due to get it in March (18th). They called today to say that Skoda had released a new white estate to them. They then said they wanted to cancel my demo order and give me the new one!! Result. To make it even better its cheaper and I get it in 2 weeks time ;-) happy bunny

That's good news, I would prefer cheaper and brand new!

So the manual cars definatley come with Maxidot and you can order phone prep?

They all come with Maxi dot

They all come with a bluetooth module to pair your phone to. It needs activating through VCDS and you need to purchase the mircophone lead and have it installed.

So there was me thinking all hope was lost for getting a new Octy vRS (to replace our Mk1 Fabia vRS SE) as the Blacklines were all gone and the standard ones wouldn't be getting built any more.

I wonder if there are any left by the time I can (a) talk my wife round to it , and (b ) get to a dealer !

Not sure If we want to be running 2 Octy estates, mind you.

Edited by Wet Kipper

so is the microphone a skoda part?

read this thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252899-amunsden-plus-bluetooth-and-microphone-install-how-to/page__st__150__hl__+blackline%20+bluetooth#entry3014793

The part is a skoda part ordered from a third party. Skoda may sell them directly if you ask (not sure though!)

I have to agree about the deal for me was all about the extra kit that comes 'as standard' on the Blackline that is missing from the standard vRS. I'm not bothered either way about whether there have only been 500 or 5000 made by Skoda - I'm very happy with ours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree about the deal for me was all about the extra kit that comes 'as standard' on the Blackline that is missing from the standard vRS. I'm not bothered either way about whether there have only been 500 or 5000 made by Skoda - I'm very happy with ours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No one knows how many have been released yet so 500 might be the end number

Well, went into local stealers in Stirling today after the heads up about more Blacklines becoming available.

Service was very good and no pressure.

Allegedly another 200 cars were built and are 2-3 weeks away from delivery. Lots of colour and manual/DSG choice available.

Left stealers with finance quotes, misssus has OK'd the purchase and now just deciding whether I want to join the PCP escalator??? Usually just buy my cars with a bank loan.

PCP is costing £179 per month for 42 months including trade in. This seems reasonable enough which includes the FREE 3 services.

Decisions, decisions.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buyer's%20remorse

Can't really blame skoda for making more , they sold like hot cakes .... If they were individually numbered I'd be p...ed off they made more and were not as exclusive .... But it's the free extras I got that made me but one ( couldn't have afforded the leather etc )

Good luck to all those who try to get one they are simply awesome

After 3000 miles ownership of my Blackline DSG since Oct 5th, I can safely say its the best car I've ever owned, the engine is starting to loosen up now and the MPG is improving - starting to reach 40+ driving through city traffic. The amount of comments who can't believe the quality and the looks. Value wise this comes 2nd only to that Panasonic 50" Full HD Smart 3D Plasma TV (with 5yrs warranty) I got for £199 last Jan after a Marks and Sparks pricing error.

Just cleaned it this morning too. And its my birthday. All the best for 2013 x

Edited by Booble