skodalads VRS

skodalad

Sam, thanks mate! It all come out for a good clean, new trim clips on all of them, currently sat in my bedroom haha

Yes phil, it will be done mate, going to be close but ime in that new show and shine on the saturday night, staying in a hotel then on a club stand on the sunday, you going down mate??

Cheers mate, its getting there now, just a bit more prep then paint! I don't mate, ime a graphic designer, but i have saved a bit of money by going down and helping out, they have taught me how to plastic weld, fiber glassing, preeping items for paint!

I find it really interesting anyway and they want me to start going down so they can train me up haha Taking pictures of the process aswell was a must for me

Well any car related project is arguably never "cheap" so sounds like you are dealing with a decent setup with regards to them letting you muck in. You'll pretty much have a brand new car body work wise when your finished.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

No, but i firmly believe you get what you pay for, With all materials having to draft a restoration welder in to fix the sill properly, and the front bumper has had around 16 hours into it, the total is something i can deal with and expected. The setup is awesome, sound guys who do an amazing job and take real pride in their work which is why i went to them. "The paint will be like glass and better than factory" is what he said so i can wait now lol

So long as he doesn't mean "the paint will be like glass" as in you can see straight through it! ;-) lol (joke)

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Sam, thanks mate! It all come out for a good clean, new trim clips on all of them, currently sat in my bedroom haha

Yes phil, it will be done mate, going to be close but ime in that new show and shine on the saturday night, staying in a hotel then on a club stand on the sunday, you going down mate??

Hopefully, yeah! Should be going down with a work mate with a mk1 jetta that'll be on the CumbriaVag stand outside.

I'll have to keep an eye out for yours.. What stand are you on.?

Ash - haha yeh he's going to cut all the panels out and paint around them hah

Sam - yes mate, ill be there on the saturday night of the floodlit show and shine and sunday on a club stand

Phil - I was sold at mk1 then jetta followed, one of my favourite cars them. Yes mate, if ime there come for a chat, ime on the marked territory stand, you ??

• 3 weeks later...

Tiny imperfections in the roof being filled

DSC06895-1.jpg

Imperfections in the door shut

DSC06896.jpg

Door shuts sanded

DSC06892.jpg

DSC06893.jpg

DSC06894.jpg

Guide coat for flatting

DSC06888.jpg[/url]

Replacing the old booth filter

DSC06907.jpg

New booth filter

DSC06906.jpg

DSC06908-1.jpg

The paint, cheers Gaz

DSC06898.jpg

All of the thinners, hardeners, filters and paint

DSC06912.jpg

1st coat of silver

DSC06918.jpg

2nd coat of silver

DSC06919-1.jpg

3rd coat of silver 

DSC06921.jpg

final coat of silver

DSC06924.jpg

Drop coat in-between final paint layer and laquer to blend and imperfections in

1st coat of laquer

DSC06925.jpg

2nd coat of laquer

DSC06931.jpg

final coat of laquer

DSC06926.jpg

Bumpers and doors hung ready for paint

DSC06941.jpg

DSC06943.jpg

Plastics hung ready for paint

DSC06903.jpg

Cleaned the exhaust, before

DSC06958.jpg

and after

DSC06961.jpg

found out I had damp problems in the rear carpets, put loads of rice down to soak it up and bought some new seals to eradicate the problem

DSC06952.jpg

DSC06950.jpg

Straight out of the booth

DSC06933.jpg

DSC06934.jpg

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 2

time for flatting and polishing

DSC06954.jpg

DSC06955.jpg

DSC06956.jpg

DSC06940.jpg

DSC06939.jpg

DSC06938.jpg

DSC06936.jpg

DSC06935.jpg

finished article (nearly)

DSC06953-1.jpg

Quick photo from the hotel before UD

DSC06974.jpg

DSC06975.jpg

A few photos from UD

1899339_745282288829506_1652419052_o.jpg

ScreenShot2014-03-23at185839.png

Not 100% happy with the front bumper as it has a few lines in it, so having it redone hopefully before early edition, the weekend after UD

ScreenShot2014-03-23at185943.png

ScreenShot2014-03-23at185923.png

also just had smaller tyres put on the back, and when i get my bumper redone my side skirts will be going on.

Not a bad transformation in a year.

IMG_0113.jpg

DSC06972.jpg

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 3

Thanks mate! They had already been done i discovered when taking it apart ha, just the seals that run from back to front were replaced and the door seals hammered tight for a better fit and it seams to of fixed it!

ha i knew someone would say that lol They are gloss black, i thought with having there side strips removed it would of been too much silver, needs another colour in there to break it up a bit!

Thanks mate, I am really really happy with it, makes me want to polish it all the time now lol

• Like 1