Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Looks good in the pics, but even better in the flesh :)

Hand grip shaped parts are spot on.

Thanks Kev, better to drive with after I adjusted the wheel back again :)

Looking really nice inside now Dan, becoming a really sorted motor I'm jealous!! What else do you want to do interior wise?

Thanks Kyle. Well I'd quite like my turbo sorting first. But interior wise, handbrake cover, gear knob and gaiter retrimmed. Leather door cards and a new but different arm rest is needed. Might order the arm rest later :)

Steering wheel looks sorted pal. Suits the car really well.

Thank you, extremely jealous of your recent purchase from Darkside!

That looks great Dan :)

Red Leather dye for the centre of the seats to match?

Thanks Charlie, hmmm could I dye black leather do you know?

• 4 weeks later...

Cleaned the intercooler!

20EAFB9A-606D-499A-BAFE-584D81323866_zps

260CFBC5-67AE-4F66-803C-58EDB7FA3E22_zps

Looks new again, would like to upgrade it to an Airtec cooler soon :)

DA5F7C97-CFB7-45BC-9360-178EFBB8C48F_zps

All smoke no poke...

New turbo will be ordered this week, gtb1756vk. Also need a down pipe from somewhere! Hoping a second hand one will come up as it's going to be modified anyway :)

• Like 3

Yeah that route does make sense, but it's a lot of dough and iirc it's a bit of pig with the SS/Airtec cooler.... I think the map sensor position is tight, although do-able :)

Popped my egr delete pipe for the 3rd time just before Glasto last week so bought some Mikalor clips, otherwise my egr might go back on :p

Bottom pipe looks easy enough in 1 piece, top would be ideal in 1 piece otherwise I would do that section in 2 pieces, saying that there's nothing wrong with my pipework now apart from blown 3 boost pipes off in about 18 months! 2 was from clips snapping though.

Were you using a jubilee clip prior to the mikalor?

Were you using a jubilee clip prior to the mikalor?

Yup, I was using what was supplied. .think:

I can't help but think replacing this top clip will make it pop off somewhere else until I replace them all. I'll let you know if you do buy the Airtec kit.

Pretty sure ive seen this car driving around Wrexham, if so this car sounds awsome

Quite possible, or it may have been Alex (another member on here) easiest way to tell is I have hair and Alex doesn't ;) (hope he reads this)

Our cars are quite similar well they were.

Yup, I was using what was supplied. .think:

I can't help but think replacing this top clip will make it pop off somewhere else until I replace them all. I'll let you know if you do buy the Airtec kit.

Deffo need the mikalors on there mate :) mine have been alright since apart from blowing the bottom one although not all of my pipes have lips on them....yet!

I'll only be buying the Airtec cooler, not the pipework either. Probably go for the chrome cooler with red logo or something.

• Like 1

Quite possible, or it may have been Alex (another member on here) easiest way to tell is I have hair and Alex doesn't ;) (hope he reads this)

Our cars are quite similar well they were.

Cheek!!! ;)  In all fairness, I look better without hair ha ha!

Yeah I reckon it was probably me that you saw Aaron, as I live in Wrexham so am often about in it. It's a bit quieter and higher these days though! (but still quick!)

Looking good Dan! I think you've made the best choice with the GTB1756 over another hybrid after being out in Joe's. :)

Cheek!!! ;) In all fairness, I look better without hair ha ha!

Yeah I reckon it was probably me that you saw Aaron, as I live in Wrexham so am often about in it. It's a bit quieter and higher these days though! (but still quick!)

Looking good Dan! I think you've made the best choice with the GTB1756 over another hybrid after being out in Joe's. :)

Very handsome Alex ;)

Probably was you Alex, mines had a cat in it for over 3 months sounds terrible IMO. Still get young lads coming into Tesco asking me about the car often haha!

Gtb1756 makes sense and cheaper! If it goes anything like Kevs car then I will be very happy!

Good choice! Who's doing the mapping?

Not sure yet, didn't fancy spending nearly £1800 again just to get back to where I started with the hybrid.....

Still need to sort out a down pipe and now a rear box. Probably cheaper buying a full system and selling my Piper on to be honest!

Not sure yet, didn't fancy spending nearly £1800 again just to get back to where I started with the hybrid.....

Still need to sort out a down pipe and now a rear box. Probably cheaper buying a full system and selling my Piper on to be honest!

power flow ;)