Fun Truck Register

22 hours ago, Joelounge said:

...and improve performance of the 1.6 lump

I'd be impressed if anything worthy could be done to it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought my fun in August last year only just found this thread.

Mines got 56k in fairly good nick. Mods to be done 256mm brake upgrade (pending) 15'' BBS splittys from Polo Gti (being restored) stainless exhaust (pending) and I need a rear bumper if anyone has one!

I had a fun before if anyone has it, it had lime green bodykit! 

• 3 months later...

Alan54  1999, Truckman Top, with glass. All original c.75,000 miles. Good condition but due some minor paintwork repairs once I find out how to remove the Hockey sticks!

Apologies, I cannot find your message.

Viewing will be a problem. I live in Jersey, Channel isles.

The truck that you have stripped for parts, have you removed the hockey sticks?

Alan.

17 hours ago, Alan45 said:

Alan54  1999, Truckman Top, with glass. All original c.75,000 miles. Good condition but due some minor paintwork repairs once I find out how to remove the Hockey sticks!

Apologies, I cannot find your message.

Viewing will be a problem. I live in Jersey, Channel isles.

The truck that you have stripped for parts, have you removed the hockey sticks?

Alan.

The Donor car is the one on left. no small roof bars when I got it, I'm trying to find a project byer for both of them.

Fun trucks Jan 2019.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi that is the donor car. info the other top has windows.

Looking for a new home for it to be restored and the other one.

Hoping to let the lot go all together, both in the right hands wont cost a lot to bring up to a good standard for day to day use, show room standard might take a bit more.

Keep watching, will put them on e-bay in spring time unless the right enthusiast gets them, if no interest will split/brake.

if your in B93 9jx area message me to arrange an eyeball.

Mike R

Hi Martin

Yep still got them, by the way if you are passin do call in, just googled it ur only 5 hours 17 mins away, remember that run weel son James was at faz lane.

I am looking for a genuine enthusiast to take them to the next level.

Mike Robertson

Hi Mike,

I know one had some parts removed, but the other, has the mot run out?  What is the condition of that one and do you have more detailed pictures? Can I have the reg numbers to look at the mot history? What are you looking for each one separately? Really need more info if was considering the journey.

I have restored cars in the past, clubman estates and mercedes, I've fancied one of these for a while.

Regards,

Martin Letham

I have just had sworn notification on T683 JPW.

The doner is T520 ECK in the file I have for it it may have been A3 YBD around 2012-2013

I didn't have T683 JPW MOT ed but had a price for work required to Pass MOT approx £600 garage price no welding just mechanical s.

It still runs but a  grinding noise when turning, the garage says it is not about to lead to a catastrophic failure whitest driving, it they were happy to let me drive away, they had driven it. It need a new battery.

I have attached the last three Mots these jobs need doing now. The Valve stem oil seals need doing i carry spare plugs and tools to change them as the plugs soot up.

My personal circumstances have changed and I'm unfortunately not in a position to keep my Trucks Hope the above Helps if you give me your Mob I could try and face time you and run you round the trucks.

Mike R.

IMG_3701.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

Hi Mike,

I could consider the 2 vehicles but if I were to take the one needing the valve stem seals (it has the Glass top doesn't it)  how much are you looking for it? Ill pass you on my number for walk round but at work probable could do at weekend?

Regards,

Martin

Hi Mike,

Can you give me a price individually for the one on right and a price for both together? Can send me to my email address (removed)

What have you robbed off the donor and what does it require for MOT? does it require welding?

Regards,

Martin

Edited by john999boy

43 minutes ago, Chekov said:

Hi Mike,

Can you give me a price individually for the one on right and a price for both together? Can send me to my email address 

What have you robbed off the donor and what does it require for MOT? does it require welding?

Regards,

Martin

Please use the PM function to pass on email addresses etc as this is an open forum for everyone to see.

Edited by CWARD

5 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Please use the PM function to pass on email addresses etc as this is an open forum for everyone to see.

With 4 and 11 posts, one or both of the correspondents may not yet be allowed to access PMs.

20 minutes ago, Chekov said:

how do I edit this out?

I've asked a moderator to remove your email address from your post. 

If you move your cursor over the name of the user you want to contact, you have the option to message them.

Edited by CWARD

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Decca 48 here.Mine is a 1998 with92000 on the clock, has a Truckman aero top Mot`d etc. Exhaust is holed. Need a new back box but they dont sell them apparently? Just started to renovate.It`s had the sills replaced and seems quite sound underneath.If anyone has info/spare bits or knows where to get stuff I would love to hear from them.