Dark_Hero's Evil Fabia

Dark_Hero

Nice footage, well held turning right a bit quick  :clap:    

With your big brakes up front, even if you upgrade the rears, you will find brake bias will always be forward, I have Brembo up front and 256 vented on the rear of the Golf and the rears do very little. You might do a lot of work for little return.

• Like 1

Nice footage, well held turning right a bit quick :clap:

With your big brakes up front, even if you upgrade the rears, you will find brake bias will always be forward, I have Brembo up front and 256 vented on the rear of the Golf and the rears do very little. You might do a lot of work for little return.

Sorry to go OT but say if I was to get 330mm 6 pot brakes up front on my Fabia is t worth for 304mm ones on the rear or just 256mm? Just a thought before I waste money! :)

I have left the rear brakes standard on the Golf. If you go for huge brakes with tremendous stopping power and use part worn or track day tyres, your ABS will reduce the brake force so as not to lock the wheels, ultimately taking all the stopping advantage away.

Put slicks on and you will see the benefit of big brakes.

Your Fabia is a light car and with the addition of 312mm brakes (if you don't already have them) A good set of pads, DS3000 or similar you will have plenty of stopping power without the need for a few grand on callipers.

You must also think of the weight, every time you scrub speed your engine needs to get the huge heavy discs spinning again in a edition to moving the car forward.

There is a post on one of Bossfox's threads with all the maths of when brakes become unnecessary or need to be uprated because of power etc, I will try and find it.

You can over brake a car!

• Like 2

Nice footage, well held turning right a bit quick  :clap:    

Thanks Jamie, i did go in a bit hot :D I may get some better pads for the rear. Bigger discs would mainly be for show tbh.

I've got a few more photos to upload but I could get some nose down action under braking. Made the rear a little twitchy

• Like 1

Ask Sharkrider about a twitchy rear, we ended up in the wheat field after a rear end break away  :blush:

Sorry Dave but as you were driving I couldn't resist another post.   

Haha that is great :) sounded like Dave enjoyed it

He drove my car at Oulton Park and enjoyed it, said it needed a bit more power, it was only right he got a go at Blyton as it has more power as he found out lol.

He drove my car at Oulton Park and enjoyed it, said it needed a bit more power, it was only right he got a go at Blyton as it has more power as he found out lol.

Just need to fine tune the timing now do you reckon?

There are a few things to do, possible timing advance, it needs a better oil cooler and better air flow to the engine bay as it got hotter than usual. Also I have to attache a few bits that were just hanging in the engine bay, also cover the manifold up with a heat shield and fit my turbo titanium jacket to keep some heat in too.

It will now be an evolving thing. I am looking for an R32 or R36 bare engine for the next stage, go fully forged with 2-3bar boost.. 550 + but with a switchable map so it can be turned down for track use, after all it still needs to go around corners.

No worries, I have booked Oulton Park for November and I might go to Castle Combe, although this is a big might as my car is not a Skoda..... Jason might not notice  :nerd:

• Like 1