The Citigo Picture Thread.

BossFox

How can that bulb work in a twin filament holder?

All the individual LEDs light up too but obviously less power seems to go to them when on 5W sidelights as opposed to 21W DRL.  They are very white and much whiter than any headlight bulb that's made at this juncture.  Roll on LED and/or Laser headlamp bulbs for small city cars.  They do look pristine but whether they are actually a perfect match for a reflector that's been designed for an incandescent bulb, is another matter.  I must admit that they do look odd when not lit but it's an interesting odd rather than an ugly odd.  I think they need a make-over just like they did with home energy saving bulbs including the (still) expensive LED ones.

11646779223_97198175f7_b.jpg

Anything has got to be better than MTEC bulbs. Where did you guys source these from?

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

HIDS-Direct :) and they are ridiculously bright :rofl: I went out this evening and turned the ignition key and thought holy bubble these are bright! 

Update -

Link to the bulbs http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-7443-w21-5w-gen-2-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-white/ if you like them on Facebook you'll get 5% off, just unlike them after, you'll still have a valid coupon

There's these which are new - http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-7443-w21-5w-dual-contact-6w-smd-led/

Edited by Hyphons

Thanks for that :)

I wonder if they now realise that the other ones they do are sh**. Haha.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

The MTEC's? Your wrong there my friend, it's quoted on there page as "Extra long life" or "Extremely bright and efficient" and we can't forget the "These are not to be confused with other poor, cheaper quality bulbs or spray painted bulbs that blow up!" The added "!" there for added effect ;)

• Like 1

HIDS Direct - £25 per pair.

Brand New GEN.2 CANBUS High Power R580 27* SMD 5050 LED

EXTREMELY BRIGHT!

These are the Brightest 5050 SMD LED's *WHITE*

Innovative Design - Prevents Bulb Warning Errors

Easy Intallation - Simple Plug in & Play! 

Ingeniously developed, these LATEST 2nd Generation 7443 LEDs are designed in order to prevent bulb errors when fitting LED to modern cars. These new LED's have a built-in warning controller that stops any errors that you would normally experience with standard LED, improving on the older generation these new LEDS have better heat sink, resistance and longevity.

I was yapping on the phone for an hour with this Post window open and when I eventually posted this reply, 3 responses had already been posted.  Sorry, I was a little late for the party.

Edited by JimmyR

Which LEDs will you choose?  The £25 pair or the £20 pair?

They are different LEDs but the cheaper  £20 ones are described as:-

Brand New High Power R580 6W SMD LEDs

These are the Brightest 5050SMD LED's

The dearer £25 ones are described as:-

Brand New GEN.2 CANBUS High Power R580 27* SMD 5050 LED

EXTREMELY BRIGHT!  These are the Brightest 5050 SMD LED's *WHITE*

The bulbs below are the recommended ones for the Skoda Citigo DRL/Sidelights

14478811116_5b3c95963e_o.jpg

• Like 1

Was out and about driving with my friends today, and they got a few rolling shots which was pretty awesome! 
(Incidentally, before I get comments about being a yob for having the fog lights on - they had been on legitimately cause of patchy fog today, rather than for 'fashion' as many people use them for today. Although, I would say it makes it look cool in this particular photo!)
Nothing beats a drive, especially in these cars. 

Will be going to the Scottish Car show in a few weeks or so, so I will hopefully have some more shots of my car then! :-) 

10425099_935223393170500_512904934724089

10514574_935222923170547_711340969681953

• Like 4

Yep, white strips on red citigo. I like these warm headlights (strangely).

The citigo is really strange car for me.

I hate white cars, but i love citigo in white with red stripes. Almost bought it, but opted for inverted color scheme :)

I hate yellowish headlights, but i love them on red citigos, a warm retro touch - much better than blueish.

So, a couple minutes before sunset, clean citigo... from Israel :)

It's so sweeet i wanna lick it :)

ctg_swof_1.jpg

ctg_swof_2.jpg

ctg_swof_3.jpg

ctg_swof_4.jpg

ctg_swof_5.jpg

• Like 3

So I may be tempted to buy a pair or these :o

Presumably they would be white or maybe another colour?  No point in buying red ones as they would just look like an extension of the bumper.  What a pity someone doesn't make an LED DRL strip like that then we could all have proper LED DRLs like other cars have.  Even the Hyundai i10 Premium has a pair of snazzy DRL LEDs.  Maybe the 2016 model Citigo will have them because I think we're in the 2015 model year right now?

Edited by JimmyR

Presumably they would be white or maybe another colour? No point in buying red ones as they would just look like an extension of the bumper. What a pity someone doesn't make an LED DRL strip like that then we could all have proper LED DRLs like other cars have. Even the Hyundai i10 Premium has a pair of snazzy DRL LEDs. Maybe the 2016 model Citigo will have them because I think we're in the 2015 model year right now?

I believe the site said it came in black but could be resprayed, I might end up buying them I mean what's the harm in trying? :giggle: I myself think the citigo could look nice with drl's similar to the volvo's drl's in the front fogs, but that's my opinion

Presumably they would be white or maybe another colour? No point in buying red ones as they would just look like an extension of the bumper. What a pity someone doesn't make an LED DRL strip like that then we could all have proper LED DRLs like other cars have. Even the Hyundai i10 Premium has a pair of snazzy DRL LEDs. Maybe the 2016 model Citigo will have them because I think we're in the 2015 model year right now?

I believe the site said it came in black but could be resprayed, I might end up buying them I mean what's the harm in trying? :giggle: I myself think the citigo could look nice with drl's similar to the volvo's drl's in the front fogs, but that's my opinion