SuperSkoda lower grill winter cover

The Plumber

James

In true forum style I have gathered the names that I think have said yes - I trust they will check and edit where required.

Any additional individuals should copy the last displayed list and add their name to it in a new post.

Where specified I have added the choice of colour - where none the OP has either not set a preference or indicated that they have no preference.

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

3. Speedsport

4. EJStubbs - Black / not fussed

5. Merlinman

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

8. DBG400 - Black (silver OK)

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

• Like 1

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

3. Speedsport

5. Merlinman

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

13. Kenny R - Black preferred ( silver ok )

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

3. Speedsport

5. Merlinman - not fussed

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

3. Speedsport (John H) Pref Black - subject to price

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

Quick update, I have spoken to Norbert my German contact who in turn spoke with Ilya Knyazev.

There is no problem ordering the items, no problem getting a group buy discount and so on, However the major problem comes when Russia tries to send anything to another country, paper work and red tape makes this very expensive.

Norbert is now contacting the company we use to supply our subsidiary from Germany to see if we can get the grills as a collect load from Ilya.

Fingers crossed, where there is a will and all that! :happy:

• Like 1

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

14. Riocca - Black

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

14. Riocca - Black

15. Bettysman- Black

Oh go on then :giggle:

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

14. Riocca - Black

15. Bettysman- Black

16. Hairball - Black

1. RA1 - Black

2. Summers

6. JCP

7. Llanigraham

9. Yetiflute - Black

10. Merlins Friend

11. Vegit8 - Black

12. Yety - Black

14. Riocca - Black

15. Bettysman- Black

16. Hairball - Black

17. James I

Two questions, if anyone can help, please?

1 Is the black finish hard enough not to start looking tatty quickly? It is of course very vulnerable to damage!

2 The video shows it being eased into place - but how do you get hold of it to unclip it when required? :wonder:

1 Is the black finish hard enough not to start looking tatty quickly? It is of course very vulnerable to damage!

2 The video shows it being eased into place - but how do you get hold of it to unclip it when required? :wonder:

Hood - this ones for you to comment on I think.

Hold the bus, we have an issue.

I spoke with Norbert Yesterday, he has been in contact with a different guy in Russia who has priced the items and the shipping.

We can get the grills for £35 each, BUT because we are shipping a large box, the paper work and shipping will cost a small fortune making each item delivered to me for €100 each inclusive of postage!! so €1,700 before I send them on to you guys, I am going to throw the towel in on this, sorry Gents.

I think the approach others have made buying one at a time is the way to go .

And besides, I won't be needing one for a while now as my Yeti tried to mate with a Porsche Cayenne on the M62 last night, so I am needing a bumper, bonnet, headlights, fog lights, radiator, condenser, slammer panel and wings....... oops :wall:

James....really sorry to learn of your accident. Hope all is mended soon and your Yeti can continue towards mega mileage.

After all your valiant efforts I feel gutted for you that it has all come to nothing on a group basis.

Surely these things are not made in Russia and these guys are the not the only retailers and yet all the knowledge and determination of the members of this site can't find another source.

I will continue with my home grown approach for the moment. Mesh is cut to size and the chrome edging strip has arrived. Mrs 33q has got me wardrobe fitting at the moment so sneaking out to the garage is difficult.....but she is away next week so .....cats away mice will play!

Hood - this ones for you to comment on I think.

TH - no need for you to respond to this now, thanks! :(

James - sad news. Are you sure it was amorous intent?

Edited by brijo

I was going steady, stop start heading towards Leeds, for what ever reason the traffic stopped and I didn't, Porsche Cayenne that I hit was barely marked, but this is what happened to the Yeti. Got to look on the brightside though, I will be able to keep about 4,000 miles off it whilst in for repair and the stone chips will also be sorted :think:

She still drives too! Whistles a bit so I think the intercooler pipe has come off, retained all fluids in the radiator.

8246998268_d6ef275689_z.jpg

8245932205_7b5cba0360_z.jpg

We can get the grills for £35 each, BUT because we are shipping a large box, the paper work and shipping will cost a small fortune making each item delivered to me for €100 each inclusive of postage!! so €1,700 before I send them on to you guys, I am going to throw the towel in on this, sorry Gents.

Thanks for investigating the possibility anyway, and I quite understand your reason for pulling out of the plan.

I've decided to have a go with bahnstormer vrs' approach. I've ordered one of these. Once it arrives all I will have to do is find some time when SWMBO isn't around so I can furtle around without being asked why I'm taking the car to pieces...

my Yeti tried to mate with a Porsche Cayenne on the M62 last night

Sorry to hear about your accident :( . Glad that no-one was hurt. Hope your Yeti is fixed soon.

I know Brijo said no need to reply but I will anyway.

Its too soon to say if it will get tatty, but if you look at my earlier pictures (where I took it to bits) it would be very easy to repaint or replace the mesh. The important part is the outer gasket.

If you want to remove it, that is quite easy just slip a thin piece of plastic (an old credit card works) between the cover and the car and the lugs can be unhooked.

• Like 1

Oh no.... hope your Yeti's nose is soon better James!

Thanks anyway for all your efforts with the grille, your attempts have been much appreciated even if it came to naught in the end.

Fingers crossed that someone outside Russia has a look at copying them & produces a more readily obtainable version... there's clearly a market. Perhaps Superskoda could get on the case ! I wonder of they read this forum?

Edited by speedsport

Come on you lot don't give up so easily. :nerd:

Today I need to take care of SWMBO's birthday so I don't have much spare time. There is a second grille currently passing through Russian customs on it's way to Truthseeker, and dependant on the "Christmas effect" and postal volumes should be with him in about ten days time.

I don't want the responsibility of being accountable for your money (£1200+ for 20 grilles including postage) so don't want to go down the group buy road. It really isn't difficult to get one of these grilles delivered to your own house. You pay for the grille via Western Union so you do not divulge any Bank account details to anyone else.

How about I post an idiots guide on how to buy one, complete with some copy and paste emails that you can use, only having to add your own delivery details to the order? You wanted a price, mine cost £54.46 for the grille and postage and £5.90 Western Union fee, total £60.36.

Go and have a look at how much crud there is behind your lower radiator grille.

If you still think it is too daunting I will help you as I have with Truthseeker. Come on your Yeti needs you!

• Like 1

I know Brijo said no need to reply but I will anyway..........

Thanks, TH. Noted for possible future use! In the meantime, I'll be watching 33q's progress with interest.

.....I will continue with my home grown approach for the moment. Mesh is cut to size and the chrome edging strip has arrived....