headlight removal hid fitting

Be prepared for the"they're llegal" crew. Anyhow I believe use of a resister is needed so ecu doesn't give bulb out warning. Or just order a specific can bus kit.

Edited by Lofty79

Plenty of info on here already regarding this.

You don't need a canbus kit on a pre-FL model, in fact they have been known to damage the CECM or wiper motors. I can't comment on FL models as one or two have had problems.

Get a non-canbus kit from londcolour on ebay - there was a recent thread about it

You then need to code the Central Electronics for Xenon without shutters.

You don't need any resistors.

Headlight removal is a doddle - it tells you how to do it in the handbook that comes with the car. If you get the micro ballasts all the wiring fits in the rear of the headlight unit. All you need to know is the brown wire going to the original halogen bulb is earth, so connects to the blue wire going to the ballast.

Get your headlights aligned when you have finished.

• Like 1

Be prepared for the"they're llegal" crew. Anyhow I believe use of a resister is needed so ecu doesn't give bulb out warning. Or just order a specific can bus kit.

Absolutely no need for you to make this remark at all. If you'll notice the "illegal crew" have stayed out of every single discussion that has appeared here. Why? Because there is simply no telling some people, so we've given up.

We now follow the attitude of "just get on with it" and it makes for a more fluid thread.

However if you want us to all start posting again, describing how there is no such thing as an E-Marked HID kit, so every single one of them is illegal on a UK road. If you want us to go into detail about how they glare and are an anti-social menance then posting comments like "be prepared for the they're illegal crew" is exactly the way to go about things.

• Like 3

Absolutely no need for you to make this remark at all. If you'll notice the "illegal crew" have stayed out of every single discussion that has appeared here. Why? Because there is simply no telling some people, so we've given up.

We now follow the attitude of "just get on with it" and it makes for a more fluid thread.

However if you want us to all start posting again, describing how there is no such thing as an E-Marked HID kit, so every single one of them is illegal on a UK road. If you want us to go into detail about how they glare and are an anti-social menance then posting comments like "be prepared for the they're illegal crew" is exactly the way to go about things.

And of course there is always the part of the post where the OP ask how to fit them while not asking about their legality :)

• 1 month later...

Plenty of info on here already regarding this.

You don't need a canbus kit on a pre-FL model, in fact they have been known to damage the CECM or wiper motors. I can't comment on FL models as one or two have had problems.

Get a non-canbus kit from londcolour on ebay - there was a recent thread about it

You then need to code the Central Electronics for Xenon without shutters.

You don't need any resistors.

Headlight removal is a doddle - it tells you how to do it in the handbook that comes with the car. If you get the micro ballasts all the wiring fits in the rear of the headlight unit. All you need to know is the brown wire going to the original halogen bulb is earth, so connects to the blue wire going to the ballast.

Get your headlights aligned when you have finished.

biggest mistake ever listerning to this,bought none canbus ones and fitted them spot on in an hour,tried lights with car not running and these work fine,tried lights with car running and flash like hell,connect vag com and it wont connect to the lights,and to make things worse ive got a warning light on my dash,joke this brand new car now with no lights

wow struck a nerve. :giggle: sensitivity dial turned way up there. I apologise for offending you, it was not my intention, although sometimes.........just sometimes its a shame to have to stifle ones sense of humour, for the few that cant accept there will be those with a differing opinion to theyre's.

by all means state your case, but dont suggest what i need or need not post. identify a joke - realise its not an insult - smile - and carry on. thanks

Edited by Lofty79
  • Like 1

biggest mistake ever listerning to this,bought none canbus ones and fitted them spot on in an hour,tried lights with car not running and these work fine,tried lights with car running and flash like hell,connect vag com and it wont connect to the lights,and to make things worse ive got a warning light on my dash,joke this brand new car now with no lights

oh and i did say get can bus kit. sorry you had all that bother mate.

i bought the kit from ebay and the seller was londoncolour,everythink is done right but like i said vag com will not connect to the central electronics to adjust xenons/shutter,ive also got a warning light on dash now,car is brand new and only has 800 miles on it,tomoz iam fitting standard bulbs and hoping for the best,could do with not taking this back to the dealers

Some will say otherwise, but on FL-Model get a can-bus kit.

Using the vcds/vagcom you will be able to get into 09-central electrics, otherwise do a Autoscan and clear registry

The symptoms described could lead to lighting ECU failure. Don´t do anymore testing.

Edited by alberg

Fitted a set of none cambus hids from HIDs direct on a 57 plate octy vrs, coded them in with vag com ran them for 2 years with plenty of night driving with no issues at all. Then bought a brand new 61 plate octy vrs fitted another set of none cambus from HIDS direct and have had them fitted for a year now still with no probs, My thoughts are if you buy a set of cheap hids you can have issues but if you buy from a reputable dealer you should be ok.

i bought the kit from ebay and the seller was londoncolour,everythink is done right but like i said vag com will not connect to the central electronics to adjust xenons/shutter,ive also got a warning light on dash now,car is brand new and only has 800 miles on it,tomoz iam fitting standard bulbs and hoping for the best,could do with not taking this back to the dealers

I had these in my previous FL vrs and they worked perfectly for near two years of ownership

You have to code them before you turn them on, London colour are probably the best ones on the market and have e13 mark on them

I have another set of these for my new one vrs and am awaiting for coding to be done. I am 100% certain these will work for me as they will for you.

on the facelift you cannot code them in as it does not let you into the central electorincs so ive been told,if this is right you have to use the canbus hid kit,but the question is what damage have it caused to my new car

on the facelift you cannot code them in as it does not let you into the central electorincs so ive been told,

Read my above post

Is it possible the person doing the coding is not familiar with it?

I had this done to my last Facelift vRS and will be getting it done to this one as well as many other members have done.

Having read plenty of stories of killed wiper motor modules on 8P A3.

I went for uprated ordinary bulbs to avoid any issues.

Paul

That will only happen with the Canbus kits.

The non Canbus are perfectly safe.

• Like 1

Well with all due respect Andy does specifically say "I can't comment on FL models as one or two have had problems...". Though you may not have appreciated the "FL" (facelift), which your car is.
  • Like 1

You have to code them before you turn them on, London colour are probably the best ones on the market and have e13 mark on them

Mine switched on fine with no coding, but when I flashed someone to let them out the lights went out and I got a warning. I have since unplugged them until I can visit a friendly Briskodian

Is it possible the person doing the coding is not familiar with it?

I had this done to my last Facelift vRS and will be getting it done to this one as well as many other members have done.

he was a master tec at AUDI and now has his own business doing the VAG range cars,hes been using VAG COM for about 15 years,he said there was a problem that it wont let him into the central electronics unit,since then ive been told on 2012 car it wont allow you into this
  • Like 1

That will only happen with the Canbus kits.

The non Canbus are perfectly safe.

No, this happened to both type of kits.

Here is when needed to code with the vcds.

• 1 – Função SELECT

• 2 – Função 09 – CENT. ELEC.

• 3 – Função 07 - CODING

• 4 – Função “Long Coding Helper”

• 5 – Byte 0 (normalmente) esta a opção "Xenon Headlights with Shutter Installed"

• 6 – Tick "Xenon Headlights with Shutter Installed"

• 7 – Função "Transfer Coding"

• 8 – Função "Do It"

xenon10.png

If light error on dash do this

• 1 – Função SELECT

• 2 – Função 09 – CENT. ELEC.

• 3 – Função 07 - CODING

• 4 – Função “Long Coding Helper”

• 5 – Byte 3 (normalmente) esta a opção "Xenon-Shutter without Shutter Installed"

• 6 – Tick "Xenon-Shutter without Shutter Installed"

• 7 – Função "Transfer Coding"

• 8 – Função "Do It"

bixeno10.png

1-28.gif

brunoalmeid

• Like 1