Picked up my Octavia VRS today ( 60 plate TFSI - pearlescent black )

The difference is the naming, as far as I know. And thats it.

I think they swapped over at the same time the Octy got a facelift... I haven't seen or heard of any TFSI FL's.

Can't edit, but I'll add this on.

The only major difference I know of is the intake and air filter difference - aftermarket air filters need to be made for TFSI or TSI, due to the nature of the stock filter.

the TFSI and TSI are two different engines!!!

TFSI (EA113) = Turbo FSI Trans BWA ROW 2.0 TFSI 147kW (200 PS); plus others, including the Golf R.

TSI (EA888) = TSI Trans CCZA ROW 2.0 TFSI 147kW (200 PS); CCZB ROW 2.0 TSI 154kW (210 PS), 280Nm

VW (aka mk6 golf gti) get to use software version B, hence why the CCZB engine produces 155kW.

Skoda gets the version A - aka detuned my software management.

The EA888 will eventually replace all the EA113 engines.

As 999pooch said, the newer EA888 is chain driven, while the EA113 is belt driven.

Edited by JR RS

Rang my local Skoda dealer today and they quoted £291 inc VAT for supply and fit ( colour coded )

Seems steep ?

No, the opposite in fact.

Factory fit these are £305, so to have the dealer put them on for 291 all-in is a bargain. In fact i should take them off my factory order and get your chaps to put them on - it'd save me £14 quid!

:nerd:

I am on my second in 2years.

Number 1 was a grey TFSI estate in grey. Loved the car but my mileage went from 15k to 25k per year.

Hence

Number 2 a metallic black CR Vrs estate, picked up mid May and about to have it's first service.

Both cars caught peoples attention especially the price compared to their Fords, Vauxhalls', BMWs' and Audis'.

the TFSI and TSI are two different engines!!!

TFSI (EA113) = Turbo FSI Trans BWA ROW 2.0 TFSI 147kW (200 PS); plus others, including the Golf R.

TSI (EA888) = TSI Trans CCZA ROW 2.0 TFSI 147kW (200 PS); CCZB ROW 2.0 TSI 154kW (210 PS), 280Nm

VW (aka mk6 golf gti) get to use software version B, hence why the CCZB engine produces 155kW.

Skoda gets the version A - aka detuned my software management.

The EA888 will eventually replace all the EA113 engines.

As 999pooch said, the newer EA888 is chain driven, while the EA113 is belt driven.

Amonst other things the tsi has an uprated high pressure fuel pump which was one of the constraining factors of the tfsi when it came to tuning.

Very interesting. What are the benefits of a Skoda fit as opposed to a 3rd party supply and fit? Are they compatible with the Bolero or something ?

I see you are in Kent. Why not pop along to the Maidstone meet on Sat ( 6th - see Local meets section) you dont need to eat with those that have the 2 for £10 meal, but you can have a drink- ( Pint for the non driver & a fruit juice for the driver :D ) & get some useful info from some people who seriously modify & those who personalise their cars face to face.

SWMBO's welcome as its more a social gathering.

From 7 hours ahead... "Have a Happy New Octavia vRS."

I own an 2010 Octavia1.8tsi 7dsg for 15 months now, might be only ONE in Thailand. Wish I could get a vRS but dealer in my country decided not to order any more Octavia but continue with Fabia1.2tsi, Fabia vRS1.4tsi, Yeti1.2tsi and Superb1.8tsi.

All in all, so very happy with this car.

Enjoy

Very interesting. What are the benefits of a Skoda fit as opposed to a 3rd party supply and fit? Are they compatible with the Bolero or something ?

It used to be when adding parking sensors (rather than factory fit) meant that you got the audio, but not the display on the touchscreen. This was the same even if they were fitted by a Skoda dealer.

Need to confirm this before you proceed to avoid disappointment.

Car looks good though.

Right, before I bought this car my wife was like "Why skoda, why don't we get an Audi A3? or a Vauxhall Astra, They're big enough, a Skoda is too big." blah blah blah, She moaned and moaned at me for looking at Skoda's and would not accept my word that they have come on leaps and bounds since the days when we joked about the reasons they have rear heated windows ( to keep your hands warm whilst pushing it ) etc. Anyway, let me share with you the text conversation we had yesterday, 5 days after I bought the car...Enjoy;

3rd October 13;51

Wife; "I have a confession...

...an admission, a declaration...

Something of which I am truly ashamed"

Me; "ok?"

Wife; "The car is f...ing amazing, so on the way home from the boredom that is shopping, instead of coming straight home I drove around the Heath roads and in doing so probably consumed an extra 50 pence worth of petrol!!! Quite frankly the urge to go out in it again is prevalant. However, as I am a responsible person, I shall continue to put away the shopping and complete my daily chores. zzzz"

Me; "That made me smile"

Wife; "The car has awoken urges in me that I thought had disappeared along with my SI ( Ford Fiesta SI ) I require the need for speed and loud music!!!"

Me; "Ha ha, love it"

Wife; "Turns me on TBH. I may have to copy "Speed Demon" by MJ onto my phone!!!!"

Me; "Did you plug yr iphone in under arm rest?"

Wife; "Ohhhhhhhh yes!!!! Nice not to listen to ( our daughter's ) rubbish.

Me; "Now would you accept that the Skoda is a half decent motor and I made the right choice?!"

Wife; "It's a bit wasted on us, but it's amazing, no doubt!!!"

Me; "It's cheap to run and will last us. Also very practical. Perfect car for us"

Wife; "To hell with practicality!!!"

Me; "All the reviews say it's a perfect family car."

Wife; "Most fun I've had in ages!"

Me; "Practical with spice mixed in!"

Wife; "Perfect description!!"

Me; "sod Chessington or Thorpe Park roller coasters!"

Wife; "Exactly what I was thinking in the car. It's such a thrill to drive"

Me; "Don't wrap it around a lamp post or a tree!"

Wife; "And I can't get over how many people stare at it! When I got back in the car at Sainsbury's, someone had parked next to me ( grr) but were sitting there staring at it and watching as I pulled away"

Me; "it's a looker alright"

Wife; "Can't get over how much attention it draws! I won't wrap it around a tree, cheeky sod!"

I will ensure that I clean it once a week !!!!

With the best will in the world that's always difficult to maintain. I do one of our cars each week and sometimes both.

Right, before I bought this car my wife was like "Why skoda, why don't we get an Audi A3? or a Vauxhall Astra, They're big enough, a Skoda is too big." blah blah blah, She moaned and moaned at me for looking at Skoda's and would not accept my word that they have come on leaps and bounds since the days when we joked about the reasons they have rear heated windows ( to keep your hands warm whilst pushing it ) etc. Anyway, let me share with you the text conversation we had yesterday, 5 days after I bought the car...Enjoy;

3rd October 13;51

Wife; "I have a confession...

...an admission, a declaration...

Something of which I am truly ashamed"

Me; "ok?"

Wife; "The car is f...ing amazing, so on the way home from the boredom that is shopping, instead of coming straight home I drove around the Heath roads and in doing so probably consumed an extra 50 pence worth of petrol!!! Quite frankly the urge to go out in it again is prevalant. However, as I am a responsible person, I shall continue to put away the shopping and complete my daily chores. zzzz"

Me; "That made me smile"

Wife; "The car has awoken urges in me that I thought had disappeared along with my SI ( Ford Fiesta SI ) I require the need for speed and loud music!!!"

Me; "Ha ha, love it"

Wife; "Turns me on TBH. I may have to copy "Speed Demon" by MJ onto my phone!!!!"

Me; "Did you plug yr iphone in under arm rest?"

Wife; "Ohhhhhhhh yes!!!! Nice not to listen to ( our daughter's ) rubbish.

Me; "Now would you accept that the Skoda is a half decent motor and I made the right choice?!"

Wife; "It's a bit wasted on us, but it's amazing, no doubt!!!"

Me; "It's cheap to run and will last us. Also very practical. Perfect car for us"

Wife; "To hell with practicality!!!"

Me; "All the reviews say it's a perfect family car."

Wife; "Most fun I've had in ages!"

Me; "Practical with spice mixed in!"

Wife; "Perfect description!!"

Me; "sod Chessington or Thorpe Park roller coasters!"

Wife; "Exactly what I was thinking in the car. It's such a thrill to drive"

Me; "Don't wrap it around a lamp post or a tree!"

Wife; "And I can't get over how many people stare at it! When I got back in the car at Sainsbury's, someone had parked next to me ( grr) but were sitting there staring at it and watching as I pulled away"

Me; "it's a looker alright"

Wife; "Can't get over how much attention it draws! I won't wrap it around a tree, cheeky sod!"

Enjoyable read :) I haven't even got mine yet (pick up on Monday), but I've already had a few Skoda jokes from the 80's.

Enjoyable read :) I haven't even got mine yet (pick up on Monday), but I've already had a few Skoda jokes from the 80's.

Nice one Ritchie, you will LOVE it ! Which one are you getting ?

vRS Blackline hatch in black with manual gearbox. It will be the best Monday I've had in a while :)

NICE

I love the Blackline in black and considered getting black Neptune's but can't justify it. Besides I need a new driveway worthy of my new VRS now!

...In all honesty it's a 2 cm by 3mm scuff along the edge of the rear n/s alloy and right along the tyre line so it doesn't stand out so bad. In fact you have to look closely to notice it.

Won't stop me from milking my wife's apologies though ! :giggle:

Won't stop me from milking my wife's apologies though ! :giggle:

I've never heard them called that before ;).

Enjoy the car and enjoy keeping it clean. Mine looks great for about a day until it gets filthy again. Black never again!