How to make it louder?

Gumby

Yes the ready made kit is expensive but you can buildyour own using an Itg filter which is the important part. Think I built mine for under 200 and is more effective (good for 300bhp) than the kit for half the price. Will be selling soon as not big enough for me plans hehehe

Wait untill I get my charge super cooling kit ready! It will be like running on 100bhp NoS all the time without the bneed to buy a NoS kit and gas :D

you dont need a remap for the cat back exhaust, only the downpipe

Ah ok...will look into that one. Looking at vids on Youtube, it makes the sound I was after too,

Edited by Gumby

Removing the center silencer adds the biggest additional noise. Removing only the rear silencer adds a little bit of extra meat, and at 5k changing gear gives you a nice little fart noise.

Theres a youtube video of a vrs with no silencers and no CAT and its insanely loud.. filmed somewhere in Europe.

Guys man-up FFS. If you can afford to buy a circa 14k car surely you have enough cash to invest 400 in a nice catback? Jabzouma you say you are worried about warranty but then say you are designing some DIY chargecoolet kit?! ;-)

Guys man-up FFS. If you can afford to buy a circa 14k car surely you have enough cash to invest 400 in a nice catback? Jabzouma you say you are worried about warranty but then say you are designing some DIY chargecoolet kit?! ;-)

Yes, and where is the contradiction? I can still design it, build it, try it out but not run if I chose to do so? Trust me, if it works, and I sure it will, there will be plenty of people here wanting to get their hands on it!

I bought 5 years warranty and it would be pointless to waste that money due to some not thought through mod SUK considers as voiding such warranty, don't you think?

As with all money it comes from different pots. Car pot got spent and I need to save up for any additional kit as I do not live on credit :)

Yes, and where is the contradiction? I can still design it, build it, try it out but not run if I chose to do so? Trust me, if it works, and I sure it will, there will be plenty of people here wanting to get their hands on it!

I bought 5 years warranty and it would be pointless to waste that money due to some not thought through mod SUK considers as voiding such warranty, don't you think?

As with all money it comes from different pots. Car pot got spent and I need to save up for any additional kit as I do not live on credit :)

Sorry mate, I was only having a joke/rant after a few Friday night beers lol ;-)

No offence intended, keep up the good work!

On a serious note tho I don't think I'd be confident buying a product that the seller wasn't prepared to use on his own car

Sorry mate, I was only having a joke/rant after a few Friday night beers lol ;-)

No offence intended, keep up the good work!

On a serious note tho I don't think I'd be confident buying a product that the seller wasn't prepared to use on his own car

No worries :). I will be using it on my car for testing purposes that is clear. When I get the prototype working I will get a recognize UK tuner to take it from there for the purposes of developing a specific map for that unit to fully utilize its potential. Nobody will talk to you seriously unless you have something to show first :(.

I suppose rightly so as there is plenty of garage inventors go go around with all sorts of whacky miracle gizmos, like fuel polarizers etc :D

Its called perfect touch. There's a website if you Google them. The guy that's done my mapping also worked with the company when this ecu was being developed so knows it inside out. Plus they have seen revos, stock and how their own map has worked on the car so know quite abit about the mapping requirements

He's not affiliated with VW in terms of writting their maps or anything like that but worked with the companies when the Ecu was being designed and tested. He did have some involvement with the software used on it but to what extent I don't know. Pm me dude if you need some more info dude instead of taking over this thread.

Just going back to making it louder, if somebody who has removed the centre can let me know what do you see if you look through the box? Can you see straight through? is it baffled?

I was thinking to avoid any warranty infringement I could just sleeve straight through the box with a pipe or if it is baffled make a hole straight through and sleeve it, then from the outside the exhaust would look standard but a better exhaust note would prevail.

WDYT?

You will not get any repairs covered under warranty which were deemed to have been caused by a non-OEM part. Removing that centre resonator is rather unlikely to cause malfunction or damage. Installation of the new part may cause damage if done by monkeys ;)

Hopefully, I have found a company that can make a direct replacement for the middle box, no messing about just un bolt the middle box and replace with the purpose built tube! Stainless or mild steel.

I will let you know when I have mine and how much they are.

Sorry for this possbile very dumb question..

Is it possible to unbolt the mid silencer without removing it with force ex with welding (i know you attach two objects to eachother with welding, but i cant remember the word for the opposite..).

How many pieces is it possible to split the exhaust in without using force or "unwelding" it? Where does it split?

I removed my middle silencer,it's sounds great,more aggressive and only cost me a tenner(bargain!!) I've been told by my local skoda garage that only the exhaust is not covered on my warranty now because of the mod,I would reccomend doing this to all vrs's!!!