How to make it louder?

Gumby

http://wallaceperformance.co.uk

Maybe give them a try for a quote, but i think it might be much the same as you have already had.

Worth getting the car on a Rolling Road/Dyno and see where you are starting from before doing work.

Hi :)

Thats where the quote was from, its double what a friend was quoted back down home (N.E England) so im tempted to get it done while im back home for easter.

TBH all im doing to this car is making a new pipe out of stainless and silicone for between the airbox (to replace the wrinkled pipe!) and de-res the standard exhaust. honest haha :)

Plenty of small independent Exhaust Centres around you that will modify an exhaust. Just avoid the Big Name Tyre/Exhaust centres, with Fast Foot Dancers,

so best get a recommendation from someone you know up there that you can trust their word.

I would hate to give you a name and then you find you have had a problem.

BUT, having said that,

as well as 'Wallace Performance', these guys are the real deal, and i trust them fully.

http://jimkingautotune.co.uk

george

• Like 1

Plenty of small independent Exhaust Centres around you that will modify an exhaust. Just avoid the Big Name Tyre/Exhaust centres, with Fast Foot Dancers,

so best get a recommendation from someone you know up there that you can trust their word.

I would hate to give you a name and then you find you have had a problem.

BUT, having said that,

as well as 'Wallace Performance', these guys are the real deal, and i trust them fully.

http://jimkingautotune.co.uk

george

Thank you george, thats not far away from me at all, im new to aberdeen so dont really know the areas/businesses that well.

i will give them a call after lunch! :)

Take a look at my project thread on my diy for removing the centre silencer.

But I cut it where the recess is in the sub frame, after the s bend but before the flexi pipe. I did it that way so I could put it back to standard when I wanted.

Here's the end which I cut:

DSC_0341_zpsmkgcffa4.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi !

This is a mod I concider doing. I have seen many vids on youtube, but all I've found is vids from the outside.

Has any of you done a vid from the inside ? In acceleration and steady highway speed ?

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A couple of garages refused to do it for whatever reason...

Thats because it is illegal.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and-noise.asp

"The noise levels quoted above are the maximum levels that are permitted for new vehicle types. Many vehicles produce lower levels of noise, and it is illegal to modify the exhaust system of a vehicle to make it noisier than the level recorded for that model at type approval."

Its widely expected that the Mot will be tightened in the next year or so to include a more thorough check of exhausts for modification from oe including dpf and cat removal/tampering and noise checking.

The Volkswagen Group, BMW/ MINI, Mercedes & Ford just have vehicles type approved and tested using exhausts that give the numbers on the V5 then have 

a system that makes a noise that exceeds that with the switch of a button or that is in the engine management and enabled in certain drive modes.

Ones that will not be activated in a UK Style MOT.

So that is something else for the DfT / DVSA to address in the future testing and Construction & Use regulations.

The EU seems to be happy to let manufacturers do as they please and play with grey areas and actual deviations from type approval.

The All New 3rd generation Fabia did not get new type approval over the Mk2 FL which had no new type approval from the pre FL.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1