The positivity thread...

I thought I'd attempt to balance out this feeling of the section with some positivity.

It's been a lot of "my turbos blown" and "I'm selling up" and "I need something better" but I truly love my car(s) and this place.

A car pushing 124000 miles with dying suspension and a dying turbo have been recently refreshed and improved and it's slug of torque and effortless performance and high mpg brings a smile to my face every day. A run up to Birmingham today after leaving a little late so 'at pace' was effortless the only fly in the ointment being the road noise at 'those kind of speeds'.

I also managed to clang one of my gold alloys against a curb this morning somehow damaging 4 spokes so we'll need a bit of a touch up shortly.

I then think a winter trackway is needed to really reinforce the love!

However the recent down turn in the weather has revealed leaky doors on Mrs Pasty's black car (only owned since March so not really experienced any rain) so a big of searching here revealed threads detailing the issue, what causes it, why it happens, what needs to be done to fix it as well as a video showing how to remove the door card.

Half an hours work later (done in 45 minutes hence the late departure mentioned above) and both my rear doors have been dried, had the water squeezed from the OEM seals and a new layer of unibond universal seal applied to hopefully solve the wet rear carpets for the rest of the winter.

To sum up:

The Fabia VRS is a brilliant car!

Briskoda is a brilliant website!

No real need for a response but feel free to add your own stories of car or site which make you feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

• Like 3

I am with you Pasty, the glass is always half full, even with all the crap we are having with the Fabia and its oil drinking habit, it is still a great car, fun to drive, practical.

On the plus side, I have a Yeti, it has done 55k in 14 months and has NO issues at all, it gets a regular thrashing, very little love and I just fill it with diesel and drive it.

Remember all cars have there problems so sometimes it is better the devil you know.

Oh the forum is also a good place to be.

Although my wife's Fabia is a 1.4 Mpi and is seriously underpowered, it is a fantastically cheap family runabout and at 96,000 and a new cylinder head and head gasket, I expect it to go on for a good while yet.

And this website if a fantastic resource despite the efforts of a few to drag it down.

Chin up, old bean!

(No offence intendeif you are not actually old. It's just a saying.)

Well said!!

I've had problems recently, spent loads on repairs, i've been working away for the last 2 weeks and not had my car for 3 weeks, but I feel completely lost and empty... I love my vrs, the look of it, the sound of it, the little bumps and knocks, the handling the naughtyness that is it being a 5 door but still very fun and compact, cannot wait to drive it again when I get home, really changes my mood not having it. :/

As for briskoda, it's brill! There's loads of people on here always happy to help, plenty of good topics.... I could spend all day on here reading and looking through it.

Edited by jkevs

Completely with you as well Pasty, love my car completely and trying to think of what else i'd like to do to make her more mine, even just little changes like LEDs and thinking about things like a remap and RARB. Every time i turn the key, i know i'm going to enjoy the ride because of how much i've tried making my car my own. :)

As much as I'm looking forward to its replacement.

I'm still more attatched than I should be to a car that I'm selling soon.

And after all, it led me here which has genuinely changed my life for the better.

Audi or no Audi I'll still be on here, blathering on as usual.

• Like 1

Not had a Fabia for ages, but the site still impresses. Even though I don't usually ask car questions anymore, there's such a diverse group of members anything you do ask is usually answered or debated. So many forums lack that range of input which is one of the reasons I'm still here. . (looking at you club polo! Although the BMW ones are pretty decent too)

Edited by TriggerFish

Aside from the occasional leaky door (one side only even though i repaired both sides grr..), squeaks at low speeds (got engine mount and planning to re-tighten the droplinks), mooing brakes (probably just rusty rears as I've added the moo springs) and bit crashy ride due to umptine amount of potholes (reverting back to 16s)...

Its a bag of fun :)

Currently trying to find a exhaust fabricator local to me and fitting tyres to new shiny shinys in the coming week.. Then it will go zoom zoom and broom broom.. :giggle:

my fabia has been one that recently blew a turbo! while fitting the hybrid and running it in ive had problem after problem from plumes of blue smoke to boost leak after boost leak. i really wanted to get rid of it! its just finially been finished and mapped now by jabbasport and made 205bhp and 371ft lbs of torque and all my problems are gone! im glad i kept going with it and its amazing now! well worth the £3000 ive spent on it!!!

just keep going and eventually it will be all worth it in the end!!!

Had my Fabia vrs 3 and a half years and will probably keep it another 3 as it's been such a great car, probably spent way too much time and money on it than I should but it and Briskoda have brought back my enthusiasm for the car scene.

I agree.<br />I've had mine for 2.5 years now, and it still puts a big smile on my face when I want it to, and not hurt my wallet no matter what I put it through.<br />Yes some things wear out like bushes and turbos, but you get that with all cars.<br />I do fancy something that's a bit bigger at some point, but I cannot think of a single thing that's such a good all rounder. <br />I'm probably just going to keep mine until it's absolutely run into the ground.<br />

I'm totally with you Pasty!! The Fabia is a great car!! Yes I know it's no Japanese supercar and my Furby is nowhere near as perfect as I'd like it to be... but it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

And Briskoda is a great website with some really knowledgable (and funny) members. I can happily spend hours on here trawling through posts looking at what people have done to their cars.

When you see threads like yours, Timfok's and others... it really inspires me to want to have a tinker around with mine so as to bring it up to the same standard!!! And once I get over my fear of breaking stuff... I'm sure I will have a go at it.

I think a big "Thumbs Up" is also needed for everyone who has posted "How to" threads that have saved me (and I'm sure others) a bundle in the past. :thumbup:

Keep up the good work guys!!!

All the best.

Mupp

If you check the project forum, you'll see why I really like my car again. A small amount of well planned money can get it back to a great mechanical and cosmetic condition. Yes it will cost, but far less than £xxx pcm for the next three years on a PCP or loan. Great post PB :-)

I love mine so much...

i tried to make love to it, but it was a no go'er exhaust wasnt big enough :D :p

Wow, you must have the smallest exhaust pipe in the world :giggle:

£3,000 some poster spent!!!..........I'd get the whole car properly resprayed.....and professionally detailed, and remappped for that amount if I had it spare.... :( .......

......well I did buy it brand new WAY BACK in Feb 2001..........!!!!!!!!!!!

......still like showing up bigger cars on the back roads......and defo in winter..... :D