Tyre types delivered on Citigo

andy0681

Hi Sasha Grace,

The Spare on mine was also a Falken - it seems that when you order (& pay for) a full-sized spare, Mr Skoda (or possibly Mrs Skoda) have a rummage around the "crap-tyres-that-we-don't-really-have-the-brass-neck-to-slap-on-a-car, but-could-do-with-the-space Bin" & slam-dunk it into the boot. Possibly working on the basis that by the time a new owner actually gets around to checking what they were given in return for their money(actually, LOTS of dinero) they'll have got away with it.

No. 1 son also bought a Citigo - we treated him to the cost of a tyre, rather than him having the bog-standard tin of gunk, & although his was fitted with Hankook's, the spare was some cheap-and-cheerful/nasty 3rd World tyre.

You pays your money, & someone else makes the choice for you, or am I paranoid, or simply not paranoid enough?

• Like 1

Does the brand of the spare tyre really matter? It is for emergency use only at limited speed and goes back in the boot as soon as the punctured full size tyre is sorted. Whatever brand it is it will be E marked and fully fit for purpose.

Does the brand of the spare tyre really matter? It is for emergency use only at limited speed and goes back in the boot as soon as the punctured full size tyre is sorted. Whatever brand it is it will be E marked and fully fit for purpose.

It doesn't matter, It just doesn't please my inner car harmony knowing they don't all match!

It doesn't matter, It just doesn't please my inner car harmony knowing they don't all match!

In that case you need to fit a matching spare tyre and then replace the boot floor carpet with a nice piece of clear polycarbonate sheet to show it off. :p

I would be more bothered by the fact that the Citigo has two reversing lights and two rear fog light bulbs but only one of the fog lights actually lights up. The Feng Shui is all wrong on that score. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ronime,

You got me interested with your Post about the Citigo only having one rear fog, so I've just checked.   You're sure-nuff correct - just the one (the offside) RFL.   There was a time when I would have been really worried about this lack of Fen-Shui, but then having realised that I perhaps only use them for around an absolute max of 4 hours pa, have decided to "go with the flow"  & not even think about it - let the other bar-stewards worry instead.   Penny-Pinching Plonkers at Skoda, though!!!