vRS Remap Insurance Increase ?

Direct Line wouldnt let me remap my elegance as the power % increase was huge! Admiral on the other hand quoted less for the remapped car that I was paying with Direct Line as standard.

My tip is to put your Mum/Dad on there as a named driver. I have 6 yrs NCB and still addign my Mum dropped the premium by about

ive jsut foudn the same from elepahnt they were good with my other mods, but run scared at the thought of remap... im going with admiral this year with all my mods delacered there are the same price as elephant with out the remap...just under 1G so thikn your self lucky your paying so little..which i ironic and admiral own elephant

Joel

Exactly.

The admiral website lest you choose the power increase and calculates the premium based on that.

Personally my maths is really bad so no matter how I work it out 150-214bhp in less than 10% ;)

Thinking a little laterally here..... you could possible get a custom remap for loads of torque then you'd not have any power increase!

my thoughts would be that if the 'crashed' car was capable of a rr sesion then it would be a minor incidend that wouldnt warrenty a insurier assesment? :confused:

Implication - Not declaring your remap is something you could 'get away with' in case of an accident?

Fact - Insurance companies have lots and lots of resources. Including ECU simulators if necessary. If they suspect you... beware your sins will find you out.

Fact - Undeclared modifications render your insurance null and void, which could cost you, and any person you hit, a lot of money (and in extreme circumstances, maybe even a court appearance and possibly 'hard time' with 'Mister Big'...

Fact - People who drive cars without insurance cost the rest of us on average

Implication - Not declaring your remap is something you could 'get away with' in case of an accident?

Fact - Insurance companies have lots and lots of resources. Including ECU simulators if necessary. If they suspect you... beware your sins will find you out.

Fact - Undeclared modifications render your insurance null and void, which could cost you, and any person you hit, a lot of money (and in extreme circumstances, maybe even a court appearance and possibly 'hard time' with 'Mister Big'...

Fact - People who drive cars without insurance cost the rest of us on average

Adrian Flux lowered my premium this year after i played my face but i still have all my window tints and induction kit declared.

think i'll be trying Chris Knott next year though

No time to read all these but Liverpool Victoria insured my vRS with a Jabba Chip - no extra cost AND they permit track days where no racing or time trials involved.

Assuming that they are willing to continue cover on renewal, they will NOT accept any more performance mods for your car (nor for mine which is also Jabba'd). :(

do you mean they won't let anyone have mods anymore - or they won't allow you to ADD anymore to your current modded car???

• 3 years later...