Beti the K04 Yeti.

Yeti_Man

Are you still on your 312mm discs?

Yes, thats the whole point of the Porsche NQSBBK - uses standard size (affordable) disks - in this case I just replaced the SKoda OE ones with Pagid ones but really didnt need to as there isnt even a lip on the ones that just came off), also gives a choice of a wide range of pads fromt the standard pads at around £60 to Pagid ones at £280. I was going for either Mintex M1144's (use them on my other car to great effect) or Ferodo DS2500's (which I just put in the setup thats come off the car). This was my best option also as I didnt want to run spacers or aftermarket alloys. :) No one would guarentee a Tarox or AP setup would fit under my alloys.

Very impressive.

Nice to see someone taking a Yeti that bit further... the chassis has hidden talents IMO from the track time I've spent in mine.

And to think Brimma said mine should have a VRS badge on the back. :) This'll be great fun to throw around.

Very impressive.
Nice to see someone taking a Yeti that bit further... the chassis has hidden talents IMO from the track time I've spent in mine.

Fully agree. The more you ask of it, the more it gives. Rightly or wrongly, as a drivers car, It delivers far more than what the Octy VRS ever did. I can't wait to get it on track or back to the Glossglockner pass over Christmas. :-)

I hit those Porsche Brakes hard for the first time tonight (due to an idiot cutting across my lane on a roundabout to continue round it!) and oh my! Everything that was at the back of the car was then suddenly in the front and I had to peel my face off the windscreen. I've run aftermarket setups before but these are exceptional - probably as good as the Tarox 6 pots I previously rated as the best I'd fitted previously! To think people (inc myself previously) spend similar money on the single floating piston S3/TTS setup is sheer madness imo
  • Like 1

Sorry if I missed it, but what size are your front brake discs in mm ?

312mm disks - bog standard VRS size (I went for Pagid ones for the hell of it). as mentioned in one of my posts above its the size of the disk that made it attractive to me - cheap to replace and had the best chance of fitting under my alloys and with enough size to dissipate any heat ill be putting through them. :-)

• Administrators

Good work all, spanners and owner!

One comment stands out that I can relate to from previous rolly topped cars. The ARB change made a far better car than changing suspension for coilovers. Cut the roll, improve confidence, turn in, exit flatness the works.

It not being a vRS means it will deliver more satisfaction. Glad you did the brakes, just keep an eye in the rear mirrors. When I was running better pads, I got shunted once. Due in part to improved stopping which meant I missed the invitation for an accident ahead, as I managed to come to a stop on the motorway, 8 cars behind me didn't.

• Like 1

Good work all, spanners and owner!

One comment stands out that I can relate to from previous rolly topped cars. The ARB change made a far better car than changing suspension for coilovers. Cut the roll, improve confidence, turn in, exit flatness the works.

It not being a vRS means it will deliver more satisfaction. Glad you did the brakes, just keep an eye in the rear mirrors. When I was running better pads, I got shunted once. Due in part to improved stopping which meant I missed the invitation for an accident ahead, as I managed to come to a stop on the motorway, 8 cars behind me didn't.

Yes, all good points. I've always done the arbs in preference to other suspension mods which to me, usually have a compromise attached. I really need to get this one on a track as it really is exceptionally good now (genuinely not just blowing my cars trumpet - I just can't get it to loose traction on the road). I'd presumed it would put more strain on the tyres in corners and they would then become the weak point but considering they have just over 2 mm of tread left, it's stonkingly grippy and roll free.

And yes, I already had the headlights of the car behind disappear below my rear window line when I had to brake firmly on the M1 on the way back from Shark. - a Porsche Panamera no less! I had that sinking feeling for a brief second but thankfully no contact was made.:-)

This Yeti is immense! have you considered an intake and upgraded exhaust system to compliment other mods? made a notable difference on my 2.0 TSI ;-) you have more power than me :-(

• Like 1

This Yeti is immense! have you considered an intake and upgraded exhaust system to compliment other mods? made a notable difference on my 2.0 TSI ;-) you have more power than me :-(

Hi Daz, yes, intake and out take mods are amongst the bits on the list in the near future for...

Beti the K04 Yeti, STAGE TWO. ;-) lol

Speaking yesterday with my brother, who lives in Singapore, made me realise that Beti KO4 is a spiritual successor to his car, which is a Subaru Forester STI (Japanese market 4WD around 300 bhp with usual STI performance upgrades).

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2

Speaking yesterday with my brother, who lives in Singapore, made me realise that Beti KO4 is a spiritual successor to his car, which is a Subaru Forester STI (Japanese market 4WD around 300 bhp with usual STI performance upgrades).

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2

Nice car, the Forester STI - a rare beast and what I looked at sometime ago from Litchfield imports. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so Stage 2 plans...

Two further upgrades researched and decided upon tonight.

1, a slightly bigger down pipe, sports cat and 3" fully resonated exhaust system.

2, a new rear brake setup utilising a more powerful VAG group rear caliper, 286mm disks, steel lines and uprated pads.

Other items needing further research...

1, an air intake upgrade

2, S3 or alternative longer geared six speed gearbox

Funny you should say that :happy:

I was reading up on them and a few other companies and user reviews etc last night and they seem to have a good reputation. Their downpipe with sports cat alone is approx £150 cheaper than the Milltek equivalent and from the photos ive viewed, looks to be of a very nice quality. :)

They're easily on a par with Milltek, with better customer service (in my particular case).

I've had one of their systems on for nearly 2 years now, if you want to inspect. Fabrication is top notch, as is the quality.

• Like 1

Actually, with further reading up on the subject, I may be tempted to just do a downpipe and sports cat upgrade and leave the standard exhaust in place after the cat as it will keep the totally standard Q car look and most of the power and torque advantages are in the downpipe and cat swap. I'd also want any new full system to be fully resonated due to noise levels in the cabin so again, there's minimal advantages to be gained by doing the whole system.

You're quite right. Only other benefit is a slightly better sound under load and acceleration and maybe a couple of liberated horses. Pipe Werx will do an OEM tailpipe design, mine are pretty unrecognisable from the Octy vRS ones for example. Or they'd use the exact ones you have now, if you asked them.

Another benefit from them is flexibility for the design :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After speaking with Ben and Mikko today, the car goes back to Shark midFebruary for the following:

3" down pipe and sports cat

Stage 2 air intake (from turbo to filter)

Map tweaks for the above two items

Larger rear brake setup. VW group sourced and painted gloss black to match the fronts.

Fitting of four additional polybushes (the ones supplied differ slightly to the ones required for the Yeti) - these are the inner and outer rear control arm bushes.

Something else and despite it sounding rather naff I can't say what it is yet. DaveB did a test fit of the new setup to a modded Golf GTi last weekend, just awaiting bedding in and proper testing before sorting mine out. It's a vag group caliper, with a slightly larger single piston compared to the S3 setup I believe. :-) Should compliment the front set up nicely. :-)