Beti the K04 Yeti.

Yeti_Man

Now back on Summer tyres thankfully. So from the Winter alloys and tyres....

To the Summers...

Looks great! But where is the Škoda logo on the rear wheel? It looks as if the front one has a logo but the rear one doesn't?

Looks great! But where is the Škoda logo on the rear wheel? It looks as if the front one has a logo but the rear one doesn't?

Just awaiting delivery of it. Only three turned up initially.

Just awaiting delivery of it. Only three turned up initially.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... and you took a photo on the side with just the one badge! Lee! :giggle:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just realised I didnt upload the later KO4 Stage 2 dyno graph so here it is for your viewing pleasure! :giggle:

stage2KO4Beti_zps0626c29a.jpg

And a graph showing the standard 1.8TSI dyno overlaid with my one.

18TSI_stock_vs_k04_zpscf5463a8.jpg

Thick black line = Shark Performance 1.8TSi K04 power

Thin black line = Standard 1.8TSi power

Thick red line = Shark Performance 1.8TSi K04 torque

Thin red line = Standard 1.8TSi torque

Impressive! Still shows the K04 needs a bit of rpm to build up its torque. How does that feel driving?

Turbo lag?

And double the wheel bhp must be noticeable :rock:

Most, most impressive Lee and I'm sure highly / hugely enjoyable; you'd even give the 'Interceptors' a run for their money if you dared.

On the other hand you'll be hearing a plaintive cry in a moment from Scottie of "The engine cannie take any more Cap'n" :giggle:

Guy

PS> Makes my brake upgrade of (re)fitting Ferodo DS2500s onto my 312mm discs all seem a bit pathetic.

104% increase in power, 71% increase in torque.. yowzers!

:D

I'm pleased someone's done the maths for me! That's quite an increase and a lot to expect on standard internals. Remember however that the block and most internal components run more power in other VAG applications of the 2 litre tsi. I already have one friend predicting its possibly too much but I've modded many cars in my time and this one feels spot on. It's NEVER ever pushed from cold, always left to cool down after a spirited drive and sees an oil and filter change every 5000 miles with the best quality oil. The only thing that's so far 'let go' is a single coil pack but these seem to have failures occurring even on standard engines at lower than average miles. I did pick up some R8 coil packs last week which a lot of the Americans say is the way to go on KO4 conversions. They certainly won't do any harm. :)

Very impressive Lee (and rob on the calculations :nerd: ).

Sounds like an absolute beast. Funny enough, I was talking to Richard yesterday and mentioned that I had our 1.8 over the weekend and was impressed with it (if a little thirsty, or maybe that's me being tight) but definately needed a bit of right foot to get it going.

Nice work :thumbup:

Very impressive Lee (and rob on the calculations :nerd: ).

Sounds like an absolute beast. Funny enough, I was talking to Richard yesterday and mentioned that I had our 1.8 over the weekend and was impressed with it (if a little thirsty, or maybe that's me being tight) but definately needed a bit of right foot to get it going.

Nice work :thumbup:

Yes, agreed. In terms of out and out performance, the standard car doesnt feel amazing although it is quicker than the 170tdi when pushing them both side by side.... (dont ask for details of how I came to this conclusion!) The 170 'feels' quicker though due to the higher amount of torque available just as low down. You need to let the 1.8TSi rev all the way out to see its advantage in performance terms. The flexibility of the standard unit is the thing I like - peak torque at just 1500rpm flat all the way to 4500rpm then power beyond that. Id really urge anyone to get a Shark stage 1 remap on the 1.8TSi - its such a different thing afterwards its unreal and Ive had a lot of stage 1 maps on various cars in my time! Its worth noting that I also gained a couple of mpg when I did the stage 1 Shark map when taking it easy and now with the KO4 in place, its like its lungs are even bigger and it really doesnt have to work at all in moving you at sensible speeds. :)
  • Like 1

Lol - of course - what other reason makes any better sense? ;) I've been reading up on the coils and the spark plugs (using different gaps) with KO4 conversions on the TSi and in the US it's commonly regarded that this is the upgrade to do to avoid premature failure. APR in the US actually highly recommend these when buying the APR KO4 kit.... usually I take what I read on US forums with a pinch of salt tbh but I lost a coil pack when the conversion was done on the car and that was at 32k miles. I picked these up for less than the standard ones and they are supposedly made of higher quality materials and therefore cope a lot better. Apparently. Oh, and they are red of course! ;)

• Like 1

for the same reason, I have my eye on a set of those for when I get a job again and have enough cash to finlly get my K04 Conversion!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...