To much white.

Hi, got my new VRS Octavia Blackline Wednesday kept the black wheels that look ok,, only problem is, in my opinion its to much unbroken white down the sides. If they had left the bump strips down the sides black, that would have improved it, but hey who wants to start stripping a new car, any ideas without making it look like s christmas tree.

Hi, got my new VRS Octavia Blackline Wednesday kept the black wheels that look ok,, only problem is, in my opinion its to much unbroken white down the sides. If they had left the bump strips down the sides black, that would have improved it, but hey who wants to start stripping a new car, any ideas without making it look like s christmas tree.

Dont agree. Mine looks great. Thats why i bought it. Perhaps you dont like the storm trooper look lol

• Like 1

The rubbing strips are easily removable.

As above search this forum for 'Plastidip'.

Not sure if you can get it in satin rather than matt black?

Quick and easy, and if you don't like it you can just peel it off.

I know where you are coming from the Scirocco for example I see with black strips down doors but the shape of door is vastly different I do think it looks ok in this pic

volkswagen-scirocco-blows-into-geneva.jpg

But in the flesh I think it would look a lot better colour coded IMO. To me black bit of plastic on outside of a car was the sign of the launch base model black strips and bumpers which then were face lifted or on higher spec models colour coded and I have always liked them more but it sticks in my head for that reason I would keep them white.

Wing mirrors and as suggested above possibly the door pillars might be good.

Oooh nooo! Really don't like the idea of black mirrors -- if I wanted them I'd have spent thousands less and bought a classic.

Mike

On other vag stuff, black mirrors is only for the top end stuff, e.g. scirocco R, golf R, edition 35 etc.

I have just got my VRS estate in white and have ordered some covers for the B pillars back, from Superskoda to see if that breaks up the "all-right" look, going to go black on the grill soon as well.

• 5 months later...