Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

Looking real good Adam. RS4's really do suit the Octy well. All though I am biased as I have the same fitted to mine lol.

Sent from my phone, using my thumb.

yeah i always thought that and always wanted them but then kept changing my mind and then decided to just go back to them and im happy i did :)

It was G tecniq C5 Adam.

Thanks pete :)

That looks brilliant Adam. Pleased you got them done and sorted.

Just need someone with a good camera to take some good pictures again now ;)

Decided that i hadn't had the car apart for a while so was time to get it in bits again...

haha only joking when fitting the wide mouth the mastic was quite hard, not having used mastic before i thought this was normal turns out it wasn't as part of the grill started to fall in so i took it out fully.

So yesterday i took the bumper off and refitted the grill with tiger seal.

imagelyas.jpg

and then for the thousandth time i stripped off the throttle body and top boost pipe and repainted them.

and decided as the bumper was going to be off for a couple days it would be rude not to give the intake a bit of paint finally too...

imagezjv.jpg

Nice and shiny repainted boost pipe :)

imageahy.jpg

oil had started leaking from my rocker cover gasket into the spark plug holes and also down the N/S of the engine so decided it was about time i swapped over the rocker cover with a new gasket.

imagekasx.jpg

imageadd.jpg

then while very carefully refitting the intake without scratching it, it started p****** it down! so that was interesting, pictures of that on tomorrow

Jobs for tomorrow:

Finish fitting intake

refit bumper

fit braided fuel lines

fit booster to radio aerial

finally remove the last part of the old hands free kit!

• Like 1

Looking really good Adam. The new wheels suit the car really well :)

Thanks Charlie :)

Oooooo more coloured bits :)

Cant wait to get mine sorted :)

And then a drive to the awesome petey ;)

Ive got to get some more coloured pipes on, thinking of changing that top boost hose to a full silicon one if i can find one lol

And then while your down you can come and see me so i can see your awesome car! :)

got the car all back together this morning :)

imageipjy.jpg

imagexaie.jpg

fuel lines, radio booster, removal of old hands free kit and cleaning can wait until tomorrow as i took a trip over to pete's and then it started raining!

Oh and as seen in the last picture yes i do still need to get another braided hose finisher!

oh and a better picture of the car on the new wheels :)

imageyod.jpg

• Like 3

Or i may wish to borrow your skills to fit my coloured buts ;)

Hehe :D

How honoured would that make you , one of the few

See it and work with it ;)

The evil red devil barstool :D

I suppose that could be arranged ;) how low is your car will you make it onto my drive!? Lol

I suppose that could be arranged ;) how low is your car will you make it onto my drive!? Lol

Ummmm :D i can sorta get it on my drive lol

Ish

9DDCBF94-5416-4FC0-B7A5-6D9CD1420CBA-3365-00000309D9D4814D_zpsac2212b2.jpg

Easier if its drove on :(

:D is your drive a beast lol

Crazy petey will be with me too hopefully as he will have the goodies ;)

a cleaning session today! wetvac on the seats door cards and part of the carpet as when i did a fuel pressure test, the tester leaked all over the carpet under the rear seats so you can imagine the smell!

imageozbf.jpg

imagegvrn.jpg

imagelak.jpg

the onto the cleaning of the outside, nice wash and then a clay

This is just off the N/S wing!

imagecvu.jpg

then a good polish..

imagejch.jpg

imageubwt.jpg

imagejmv.jpg

Shiny! :)

• Like 1

no chance at the moment! haha you will have to let me know when you want them bits done i said i would do! :)

thanks lloyd:)

wanting to go sports cat or decat and miltek system next but the more i look at the studs and nuts on the turbo to down pipe im really worried they wont come off easy and may even snap so am considering its time to go hybrid! but really unsure at the moment... hmmm

Just stay them up with rust off over the next few weeks and they will come off without to much trouble

And take them off when there warm ;-)

Nice car dude

ive been spraying them up every time ive had it on the ramp recently, ive just been saying to lloyd that maybe thats what i will try, whats the worse that can happen.. if it goes wrong ill just have to use the fabia for a bit while i get a hybrid made up :)

• Like 1