Pre-Christmas Bristol meet

No.733

Well since joining the site a few months ago I've been doing the polite thing as a newbie to the site and waiting for someone in my neck o' the woods to organise a meet so I can make a few new acquaintances. It'd be good for me to get to know some people in Bristol since I've been living here nearly a year and a half. Call me lazy and I'll run over your feet. :p

But since nobody has gone and done it yet I've decided to try to organise it myself. I've been a member on many-a-forum and I know how awkward meets can sometimes be until you all know each other, so I was just thinking something small and a good time to show faces and get to know a few people. I'm certainly not suggesting we go chasing each other around the Black Mountains just yet.

So anyway, since Bristol has an amazing number of awesome bars and pubs that we could quaff a beverage at, I want to gauge interest from local automobile enthusiasts (*strokes handlebar moustache*) to see if we can't get better acquainted over a bite to eat and a chat. I'm thinking a lunch time one weekend before Christmas, or possibly a school night after everyone has finished work etc.

My name is Matt, and I'll put my name down first. This is only a statement of interest and we can firm up dates and venues if there's any interest. If it ends up being a meet of one I'll look like a right chump so do me a favour... ;)

1. Matt (No.733)

Edited by No.733

Sounds good ill try and make it work dependent.

Will be coming from swindon.

been waiting for a meet round these parts to happen for a while lol

there is a meet in wsm next march, and castle combe meet in april. i will try and organise a meet (maybe at avebury) in the new year when the weather improves.

With a bunch of em being organised I should be able to make at least one of them :happy:

Glad there's some interest!

How about sometime between the 10th and 16th of December? That week's looking good for me at least. Do people favour an after-work meet or a weekender? The latter has light, and possibly more free time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotten to know a few of the Bristol members since

I've lived here. We should be able to get a few briskeezers together...

I'll zap out a few pms when I have a bit more time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...